post Oct 7 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Post Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

Very nice Dan.

--------------------
Eric Wort
87 White Buick Turbo 'T' (11.71 @ 116.5, 1.61 60ft, slipping trans)
92 Teal Eagle Talon TSi AWD (burn victim)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SCCA Stang
post Oct 7 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #2

Eats and sleeps DSM jargin.

Member No.: 150

pretty sweet... I am green with envy.... I want to that so bad, just wish I could trust the GSX to hold up to the long range, hard pounding endurance needed to complete an event like that

--------------------
You CAN sleep in your car, but your CAN NOT race your house!!!
-------------------------------------------------------

Double Decker spoilers are uber ricerlicious!!!!

user posted image

+Quote Post
JBone
post Oct 7 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Post Master

Member No.: 7

That looked like SO much fun, dude. biggthumpup.gif biggthumpup.gif

One day, my friend, we will race each other like that. Frickin' sweet biggthumpup.gif ph34r.gif biggthumpup.gif

--------------------
-The original (member) 007. Stop looking at me Spy!!
-98 S-10 P/U creepin' low on stock 15s!!
-You come off just a little more intelligent if you know how to spell the insults in addition to saying them

+Quote Post
awd4kicks
post Oct 8 2007, 05:46 AM
Post #4

DSMCentral Godfather

Group: Admin
Member No.: 26

Good vid man. You know I wanted to be there.

--------------------
In Loving memory of David T Crebo
Greatness comes from the most unexpected places!
user posted image

+Quote Post
natedogg
post Oct 8 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #5

Zen Master DSM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

Very cool, man. I'm kicking my self for selling the Evo right now.

+Quote Post
natedogg
post Oct 8 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #6

Zen Master DSM

Yeah, you've gotta get yours running and to the track to see how it compares. Were there any Evo's or DSM's out there?

+Quote Post
ncgalant
post Oct 8 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #7

Post Master

Member No.: 182

Freakin sweet! I hope I get my turn some day.

--------------------
GVR4 866/1000 = the perpetually broken car

+Quote Post
SCCA Stang
post Oct 9 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #8

If you do plan on taking a dsm.. Its paramount that you prep it for long dutycycles. Turn the boost down. Make the car last more than a single quarter mile, or a hard 5th gear pull.. I know it sounds like no fun, but beleive me, at the end of the day, you'll love the fact that your driving it back home.

or trailer it so that you can still get home if it does break

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
Zmann42087
post Oct 10 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #9

Person of Wisdom

Member No.: 763

That looks like a blast! biggthumpup.gif

+Quote Post
akamiami
post Oct 13 2007, 03:48 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 16

You rock Spy!
biggthumpup.gif

--------------------
my cars breath smells like car food

+Quote Post
SCCA Stang
post Oct 13 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Oct 10 2007, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (gsxracer80 @ Oct 9 2007, 09:37 PM)
If you do plan on taking a dsm.. Its paramount that you prep it for long dutycycles. Turn the boost down. Make the car last more than a single quarter mile, or a hard 5th gear pull.. I know it sounds like no fun, but beleive me, at the end of the day, you'll love the fact that your driving it back home.

or trailer it so that you can still get home if it does break

So what your saying is, leave it tuned for balls out power, just bring a trailor so you can tow it home... hmm...
Let me think..

You spends XXX dollars, just to go out and break it (if not retuned), but its ok, since you have a trailor...

What if it breaks in the first 5 minutes of the first 20 minute run (1st of 8 20minute runs), on a two day event?...

Oh yeah, thats right... Its all good because you can just trailor it back home.. That makes it all better....

I have a buddy whos car failed on the second run of the first day.. We worked on it for the next day and a half to make it drivable back home.. I think the pain of missing the opportunity to push the limits due to his inability to race on the track, far outweighed the anguish of having to fix it. Having a trailor would of made no difference, he still missed out on the next 120minutes of track time.

Dont think for a second that a trailor is the cure all for on the edge tuning in an endurance race. The whole point is to be there, do it and learn from it. You learn nothing by blowing an ic pipe/engine and trailering it back home.

my comment was meant to be taken very lightly... sorry that you felt that I was serious

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
Hornswoggler
post Oct 21 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #12

Person of Wisdom

Member No.: 388

QUOTE (gsxracer80 @ Oct 7 2007, 08:47 PM)
pretty sweet... I am green with envy.... I want to that so bad, just wish I could trust the GSX to hold up to the long range, hard pounding endurance needed to complete an event like that

yes, Putnam was a HUGE hit of the go-fast crack pipe! Too bad not more of you made it out... but there is always next year. For a car guy who likes spirited driving, this is a lot of fun.

responding to gsxracer80:
The thrill of a track day is worth selling anything you don't have confidence in and buying something more stout/robust/reliable. Road course is NOT the place for fragile cars or those with expected failures. I have seen DSM's out there, and seen them break more than any other car. They have a reputation for leaking oil on the tracks (which is bad). Some of this may be a result of overtuning or pushing it too far? Reliability > speed when it comes to getting a full days worth of lapping. (fun and learning is more the focus than competitive laptimes).

As for the EVO question, those are very capable cars out there. Power should be the last thing added, keep the engine reliable until you are extracting 95% of what you can from the chassis. Most ppl new to these events thing power > * but I can provide data to show otherwise. Brakes are VERY important, and so are tires. But back to teh evo question, if done *right* and reliable, they can be VERY fast! smile.gif

We'll have to get more of you guys out on track next year! Putting aside the money for somehting like this will make you MUCH faster than any mod of comparable dollar amount. I see too many ppl focused on making the car faster, too many neglect the driving skill component. Being a fast/experienced street driver is not the same.

Dan, do you feel more skilled as a driver coming out of this event? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hornswoggler
post Oct 21 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #13

Person of Wisdom

QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Oct 21 2007, 10:24 AM)
Coming into deadbear turn, I was really hot one time, ...

I know the feeling! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hornswoggler
post Nov 6 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #14

Person of Wisdom

QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Nov 5 2007, 07:03 PM)
Horns, I heard that you are planning on putting together several events next year?
Possibly 6 or more?

hah!

I will be attending plenty of days, will post them up to gauge interest. I will try to promote atleast one or two as a BIG area caravan to a nearby track... will have more dates by spring. smile.gif

Everybody here should try a track day atleast once in their life. Don't have a track worthy car? Rent one. It is WELL worth it. You will have a lot of fun and shoudl learn a lot assuming you attend an HPDE (drivers education) and not just a cheap lapping event (which usually do not include instructors). NASA was OK for first event, but Audi club and bmwcca both put on much better classroom and in-car instruction (atleast that is what I hear). Will have to do some cross-promoting here if enough on dsmcentral are seriously interested.

+Quote Post
JBone
post Nov 6 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #15

Post Master

QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Nov 6 2007, 05:13 PM)
Ill be down with an evo and the ta on backup.

I can always be a driver for one of the cars. Don't want one getting lonely in the parking lot while you're punishing the other like a hooker who didn't turn enough for her pimp.

--------------------
-You come off just a little more intelligent if you know how to spell the insults in addition to saying them

+Quote Post
awd4kicks
post Nov 7 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #16

DSMCentral Godfather

We will see how the Stang goes over the winter.

In the mean time I'm getting very bored with talking about cars and finding that there are a lot of folks out there that don't walk the talk. DSM owners have always been a do or die breed making a lot out of very little. I would like to see the members of DSMCentral stand back-up and be accounted for.

Aside from the fact that there are more GENERALIZED car forums to get caught up in, DSMCentral is still here.

Who want's to race? I'm willing. To hell with breaking shit! I've been sitting in the background with a 500 plus HP engine under the hood and more upgrade parts to handle it than I can even count... watching and listening as local fellas talk about their close to stock sports and street cars and call themselves 'Car guys'. BAHHH! (Edit: This is NOT a poke at the Cat 'Car Guy' list...this is a generalization to keep me from picking on any one person. GET OVER IT!)

Well the facade is over, we can sit around bull shitting all the time or we can get in our damn cars, race them and let the chips of respect fall where they may. Networking is great if it gets us to our purpose, but it is not supposed to be the end result.

THAT'S RACING for me! On the drag strip, the auto-x, the road corse or even from light to light or a round an off ramp. Yes, I know that our fun loving, spirited driving is under attack from all sides. I'm keenly aware of the high and mighty scrutiny of so called 'Professional drivers' that are discounting street driving aptitude. Screw that load of horse shit, racing is racing if you don't want to do it fine, I just don't want to hear any lame ass excuses.

I want to kick some panzy butt... and for the record that is most of whats out there. (BTW - I didn't say 'All' to any nut swinger that wants to go running to a friend that actually has a fast car and tell them I hurt your feelings.)

These are the late night rantings of the ODT! And Kiss my Ass, I haven't been drinking. laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
JBone
post Nov 7 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #17

Post Master

QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Nov 7 2007, 11:31 PM)
These are the late night rantings of the ODT! And Kiss my Ass, I haven't been drinking. laugh.gif

Insert worshipping icon here

HAHAHAHA.

Well, with recent job offers finally emerging, I hope to have some sort of automobile to cut my driving skills teeth on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
awd4kicks
post Nov 8 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #18

DSMCentral Godfather

Jbone, all you need is the right car to express your driving talents. You are a driver and I look forward to seeing you out racing in some fashion or another. biggthumpup.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
black92_tsi_awd
post Nov 8 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 389

Amen brother! biggthumpup.gif

I've never understood people who spend $1000's on a car to make it look like it's a "race car" but never take it out and see what it's potential is. Whether it's
a dragstrip or a corner burner. Why have 500hp and not know what it will do in the 1/4? Why have 12" wide tires on a lowered suspension, and not take it autocrossing?

Kicks, the only thing you wrote I disagree with is that I think you can still be a "car guy" and run around is a close to stock car. People got to start somewhere and if your using (abusing) your car the way God intended, I'd classifiy that person as a car guy.

--------------------
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD "The Black Golfball" How fast can a 14B go???
91 Chevy C1500 "Problem Child" **SOLD**
01 Impala DD
07 Trailblazer Wife's new DD

Cars run on blood, sweat, and horsepower...
Without the first two, you can't get the last"

SOB Racing "Sitting On Blocks"

+Quote Post
natedogg
post Nov 8 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #20

Zen Master DSM

Hell yesss!! mad.gif biggthumpup.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 06:17 AM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions