Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I threw down with SloPny
awd4kicks
post Jul 13 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #1

DSMCentral Godfather

Group: Admin
Member No.: 26

So tonight the timing just happened to work out that I was on the same drag strip as the Slo Pny turbo Mustang. Hey what would you do? wink.gif

We played around a bit getting to the event, but when the real deal went down we had to go from a roll because his 2nd gear was out. So he started in 3rd and I had no better choice than to leave in 2nd at about 6000rpm. As we left, my second gear in prime power range and the Mustangs torque pulled even. That is until I had to shift to third where I lost at least 1-1/2 cars as the 302 ran into it's sweet spot. As my 3rd gear wound up I finally began to pace the Mustang at about 2 cars behind his rear bumper. I went to forth but just as power started coming on the Mustang's tails lights came on... Race over.

So in the end The Talon running at 21-22psi on pump gas with the water injection on to help save the engine, lost by about 3 cars from front bumper to front bumper with the SloPny Stang running a 5 liter with large turbo at about 8psi.

Considering I drove that same Mustang to 124mph at DSM Drag Day on the same tune that it was running tonight and my Talon ran 118mph through the traps on 24-25psi on the pump gas tune... I felt pretty good about the turn out. That Mustang is fast though. There was no chance of me winning tonight. It's only the 2nd real loss the Talon has faired in it's current state. The other being to Greg aka: Upnoveru's wicked C5 Corvette. The Mustang actually pulled more on me than the Vette, but I think I was running 24-25psi against the vette. Apparently the vette's power plant has changed since then as well.

Either way a good run and a great time.

--------------------
In Loving memory of David T Crebo
Greatness comes from the most unexpected places!
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kazz5
post Jul 13 2008, 10:06 AM
Post #2

Post Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 318

Wonder how much of that you'd have made up with an AWD launch!

Sounds like a beast you were trying to pull even with!

--------------------
... she likes bein' forced ...

+Quote Post
awd4kicks
post Jul 13 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #3

DSMCentral Godfather

Group: Admin
Member No.: 26

Yeah, it ran a best of 11.04 @ 124mph on DSMCentral Drag Day. He has since improved the rear suspension and will have a faster shifting transmission in it very soon. So, yeah it is a formidable beast. I just wanted to see how close 116-118mph looked compared to 124mph. wink.gif

I might get him out of the hole on the street, but the track his suspension will do wonders compared to AWD.

--------------------
In Loving memory of David T Crebo
Greatness comes from the most unexpected places!
user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 05:38 PM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions