Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> cylinder head options, who has what
treydawgs4g63T
post Aug 19 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #1

Post Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 556

Ok, i am rebuilding a cylinder head for a fellow dsmer and was wondering who has experience with what valve train components...

We are aiming towards using the Brian Crower kit off www.extremepsi.com and a set of brian crower 1mm over size valves (intake/exhaust)...
anybody use this setup before or use any of the parts singally?

or what other setups have been used by you elderly dsmers..

--------------------
"One of the most Crazy and Undecisive Members in central Illinois"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
awd4kicks
post Aug 24 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #2

DSMCentral Godfather

Group: Admin
Member No.: 26

QUOTE (treydawgs4g63T @ Aug 20 2009, 04:50 AM) *
Ok, i am rebuilding a cylinder head for a fellow dsmer and was wondering who has experience with what valve train components...

We are aiming towards using the Brian Crower kit off www.extremepsi.com and a set of brian crower 1mm over size valves (intake/exhaust)...
anybody use this setup before or use any of the parts singally?

or what other setups have been used by you elderly dsmers..

I've been running a high flow ported head with bigger valves for years. I've rebuilt it numerous times and even replaced my own home ported one with professionally ported head. Then I had that head O-ringed and rebuilt with Forced Performance valve springs and titanium retainers. (I think their stuff is Crower at FP) I used to always build my heads with Ferrea or whatever those expensive ass valves are called. This last go-round I used a different brand that I bought from winners circle. All those components have worked fine with my stock cams, my FP3 cams (Nearly square lobes) and now my HKS 272 cams.

With all that said I don't know if it has given me enough of an edge if any at all for the THOUSANDS of dollars that I have spent on the upgraded heads. In fact my ported head is great for high rpm, but it may be part of the reason it takes so long for my turbo to spool up.

Good luck. Crower is good stuff.

--------------------
In Loving memory of David T Crebo
Greatness comes from the most unexpected places!
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 08:44 PM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions