Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> cylinder head options, who has what
treydawgs4g63T
post Aug 19 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #1

Post Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 556

Ok, i am rebuilding a cylinder head for a fellow dsmer and was wondering who has experience with what valve train components...

We are aiming towards using the Brian Crower kit off www.extremepsi.com and a set of brian crower 1mm over size valves (intake/exhaust)...
anybody use this setup before or use any of the parts singally?

or what other setups have been used by you elderly dsmers..

--------------------
"One of the most Crazy and Undecisive Members in central Illinois"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dualdj1
post Aug 25 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #2

DSMCentral Freak

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8,716

Yeah Crower is definately high grade.

As far as the head work, your basic deburring/pocket porting and gasket matching is the best for most people. It smooths out the airflow with minimal amount of work. My dad has been doing this type of work for years, and is basically all we ever do with our NA race motors. You can go more in depth and really polish up stuff, but that's really only when you want to maximize your flow, and dollars to hp it's not worth it. That's only for the high end racers with high budgets.

I'm sure my dad would do the head for a good price if you'd like. Not sure if he has the tools to grind the seats and such for DSM heads, but I would guess so since he's at a chrysler dealership. Give him a call if you're interested, and just tell him Jason referred you. He's in Fairbury, but I'm there about every weekend, and could take it over to him. Gerry @ Petersen Motors: 815-692-3287.

He did the heads on my stang, and had both done in just a couple nights, including assembly.

--------------------
1978 Mustang II King Cobra
89 5.0HO, Stock Short Block, Ford F303 cam, 1.7:1 Crane Roller Rockers, Holley 650 Doubler Pumper, MSD 6AL, Pocket Ported stock heads, Hedman Long Tube Headers
5 spd Manual
Full roll cage, 9" full floater w/Currie trac lock/373 gears, RCI Fuel Cell
Project Page: http://www.brandttuning.com/projects.htm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 04:46 PM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions