Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Worst shop to fix your car, worst shop and best shop
marksgsx
post Dec 24 2004, 10:16 PM
Post #1

HONDA KILLER

Group: Members
Member No.: 400

What is your worst shop that you took your car to fix? mine is http://www.extrememotorsports.com/ mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
they took one year to complete my engine and i have to correct their mistakes. three engines almost one year each time.work was done sloppy,parts missing wiring in the wrong place,engine oil leaks,slower than stock.they have no ASE certified mitisubishi mechcanics.didn't tighten down the flywheel and it destroyed the clutch and flywheel.spent over $10,000.00 and got no where. if i had the money i would sue these people and take them to court. If you wish to have work on your vehicle done correctly and excellent people to deal with and very knowledgeable,then i would suggest that you go to www.jacksonautomachine.com for the best shop. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
jvb6806
post Dec 25 2004, 12:26 AM
Post #2

DSMCentral Freak

Member No.: 351

back when i had the 240 my dad had the brakes replaced at a shop near his work and then i needed to take it in to get my clutch replaced and we took it to a differnet shop near my house where my parents had been taking their cars for years. when he finished the clutch job (i later found he didn't replace the TO bearing or the pilot bearing) the guy called my father and said that my brakes were shinney and glazed from high speed braking from over 75mph amd driving through puddels with hot brakes. and they all needed to be replaced with new pads. my dad was pissed and started bitchin me out, i was 17 at the time. i went into the shop and talked to guy and told him that they were shnew brakes and that was why they were shinny and he said that they showed signes of highspeed braking and needed to be replaced anyways... and stuck with his sotry. needless to say i dont' even stop at this guys shop for gas anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JMoushon
post Dec 26 2004, 01:23 PM
Post #3

Post Master

Member No.: 32

Not a very nice thread.

--------------------
2009 Scion Tc
1994 Del Sol Si
1991 Talon TSi AWD
1990 Mustang GT FOR SALE!!!

+Quote Post
awd4kicks
post Dec 26 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #4

DSMCentral Godfather

Group: Admin
Member No.: 26

It is very unfortunate that you have gotten a run of bad luck. It sounds like it has turned around for you though with the post for Jackson Machine.

We appreciate the new link to Jackson here, but I still have the highest respect for Extreme Motorsports. I don't know them personally, but Have met Sean and his wife while following alot of their ups and downs through the years. If it were not for Extreme Motorsports and a few other old time DSM establishments we would not be where we are today with the level of parts available and the performance these things can churn out.

I don't expect a specialized shop to necessarily have an ASE mechanic on the payroll and it wont change the fact that things go wrong. Sh!+ happens and theres just no way around it some times. I know that from both sides of the fence.

--------------------
In Loving memory of David T Crebo
Greatness comes from the most unexpected places!
user posted image

+Quote Post
Super16G
post Dec 27 2004, 09:25 AM
Post #5

DSMCentral Freak

Member No.: 24

What happened to my post?

Admin: edited for content. "bowl of dic$up"

+Quote Post
shorty
post Dec 27 2004, 05:45 PM
Post #6

Info Seeker

Member No.: 333

I had my 4g motor "built" at a local shop. They told me 3-6 weeks. They had it for 8 months. I got it back, drove like 500 miles, spun a bearing. Got it back and it was pouring out oil, they didn't put new oil seals in the oil pump. Got it back again, still leaking oil so i took it back. They told me it was fine so on my way home it jumped time, bent all the valves and crashed the new je pistons. That sucked. I was so pissed i sold the car.

+Quote Post
Super16G
post Dec 27 2004, 07:04 PM
Post #7

DSMCentral Freak

Dave Buschur SUCKS!

+Quote Post
Larz
post Dec 28 2004, 06:53 AM
Post #8

Person of Wisdom

Member No.: 197

Anyplace that I have had to sign a waiver I have had problems with. Simple poopy, too. Like tire rotation. How do you screw something up? A chimp could do it. A lot of rotary rebuilders offer limited warranties on their engines. I won't go to a shop to have my engine rebuilt without some garuantee on their work. If they don't offer that, then they don't have confidence in their abilities, and therefore, neither do I.

--------------------
Somebody make the pain stop. They won't let me go.
user posted image

+Quote Post
xian 1g
post Dec 29 2004, 02:20 AM
Post #9

Eats and sleeps DSM jargin.

Member No.: 268

A lot of decent points have been raised in this thread. I have the benefit of sitting on both sides of the fence...

I agree to a certain extent about the garuntee on work.. but it depends on what the work is, and what the driver does.

a lot of people want to pay the least, buy a used stock motor, but want it to be garunteed to run 24 pounds of boost down the strip.

Simple put, they don't want to pay 5 grand for a stage three built motor, that is garunteed to take what ever you can throw at it at the track, and instead, they want to pay 8 hundred for a motor... and then have it replaced when they crank the boost above what it should be.

also, about waivers... it is sad that in this time and age, companies have to have wiavers to protect themselves. but, the truth is, is that with out waivers, a lot of good work, and honest business would lose out from the guy who is willing to drive his car and not check his oil. the guy who is willing to beat the snot out of his car at the track, but doesn't know the first thing about maintanance.

when dealing with modified cars it gets real scary real quick. a bad fuel pump, clogged injectors, or debri in the lines causing a lean / knock condition... blowing a motor.

to sum it up, i have sat on your side, and i agree with some of your concerns. I also sit on the other side, though. and when I put all cards on the table it comes down the vibe i read from the person and situation.

--------------------
game over.

+Quote Post
MidwestDSM
post Dec 29 2004, 02:47 AM
Post #10

Post Master

Member No.: 151

^ lots of good points

+Quote Post
ncgalant
post Dec 29 2004, 01:09 PM
Post #11

Post Master

Member No.: 182

So far the only place I've taken my car to have it worked on that didn't screw something up is Meineke. Those guys are the BEST. I'm not a big fan of badmouthing shops other than maybe in person, so I'll leave it at that.

--------------------
GVR4 866/1000 = the perpetually broken car

+Quote Post
marksgsx
post Dec 29 2004, 04:52 PM
Post #12

HONDA KILLER

Member No.: 400

www.jacksonautomachine.com also used to build engines for seans extream race car. but no more for 2 years now.Also when extream had my car they switched my cylinder head without telling me.and didnt give me back my parts they took out of my engine that were still good.Another good shop is the mitsubshi dealer where i never had any problems or my friend working on it.

+Quote Post
Super16G
post Dec 29 2004, 06:56 PM
Post #13

DSMCentral Freak

QUOTE (xian 1g @ Dec 29 2004, 08:20 AM)
a lot of people want to pay the least, buy a used stock motor, but want it to be garunteed to run 24 pounds of boost down the strip.

Simple put, they don't want to pay 5 grand for a stage three built motor, that is garunteed to take what ever you can throw at it at the track, and instead, they want to pay 8 hundred for a motor... and then have it replaced when they crank the boost above what it should be.

I didnt pay 5 grand but I did go for the stage 3 and it got me 3 rebuild on that block me buying another block with a failure and then me trailoring the whole damn car to the waste of life and then to top it all off I called names and was abused by the guy in the mean time.After I drove all the way to OH I had to pay more just to get the damn car back from the pooper clown..... After this one started to fail we pulled it apart and noticed alot of silicone blocking the coolant pipe.Didnt look accidental if you know what I mean.....Did a bearing replacement as well as a couple of other tricks and sold the whole damn thing for less then half of what I spent on the whole deal......Sometimes going with the Bigger Better Deal is not always the best way. .. my .o2

+Quote Post
SCCA Stang
post Dec 31 2004, 05:27 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 150

I honestly think that my worst experience ever was at Landmark Dodge in N. Pekin... they swapped my intake manifold gasket with-out ch\anging the oil afterwards, got anti-freeze in the oil and then my truck spun a bearing. WTF!!! mad.gif

and yes, I did get an oil sample anylized by valvoline, they found a significant amount of antifreeze in the oil

well thats just the tip of the iceburg on that instance, but that's the furthest I can go w/out getting my turbo all spooled up....

--------------------
You CAN sleep in your car, but your CAN NOT race your house!!!
-------------------------------------------------------

Double Decker spoilers are uber ricerlicious!!!!

user posted image

+Quote Post
xian 1g
post Jan 1 2005, 02:17 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 268

super, i couldnt quite understand from your post. Did you buy the motor from a reputable dealer, or did you buy it from a person?

--------------------
game over.

+Quote Post
Super16G
post Jan 1 2005, 02:56 PM
Post #16

DSMCentral Freak

QUOTE (xian 1g @ Jan 1 2005, 08:17 PM)
super, i couldnt quite understand from your post. Did you buy the motor from a reputable dealer, or did you buy it from a person?

I bought the motor from BullSh!t Buschur......

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:37 AM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions