Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Smoked an LS1, smoked by a cobra and more!
kapoosh
post Oct 9 2005, 10:37 AM
Post #1

DSMCentral Freak

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

Went out last night in ancticipation one race which i did get to and i'll post about at th end of this.

My night started with an LS1 auto Z28 with bolt on's claiming a 12.6. For the last 2 months all i've heard from this kid was how bad he was going to beat me when i got my car back.

Unforunately rumor got to him within the last few days that he might be in over his head.....

First we decided to go from a roll from 15mph or so. I started 2nd gear because i'm stupid and i wanted to see how cocky he would get if he pulled. I also decide to go off his hit. So he punches and so do I, he jumps a car ahead and stays there. I'm not pulling an inch or losing an inch. I stop at about 120 he keeps going then shuts down.

Next thing i know, i was told I just i got smoked by 4.5 car lengths and that maybe i was in over my head!! So we head out to a little strip to go from a dig. Me with a passenger him alone. We go off aa 3rd cars honks. Perfect launch nets me 2 cars in first gear. 2nd gear pulls me another 2 cars, 3rd gear ANOTHER car, 4th gear i'm still inching away, and shut down at about 130.

He wants a rematch, says he didnt hear the horn.

Line up again with him counting off. on go, i launch hard, too hard.....the car just spins, i move maybe 10 feet in first gear. He's half a car ahead in first gear. Hit 2nd and i'm a full car ahead, slam 3rd and i'm 2.5 cars ahead, hit 4th and i'm almost 3 cars ahead.

12.6??? ya right smile.gif

Next was in the infamous venemous. 03 cobra with a lotta mods.

From a dig, 3.2.1 he goes, then i go (don't know why I even attempt to wait for the "go"). He's a car ahead in 1st, shoots fireballs hitting 2nd, while pulling another. Hit's 3rd and pulls another car, 4th gear another car.

I got smoked smile.gif but it's also supposed to be a 500HP car. Expected loss and a cool guy.

So next is the race that everone was waiting for. It seems i was expected to be a no show. 45 minutes after i get there (he was at a "football" game.....) He finally pulls in, it looks totally different then it did last time. Someone came prepared. Slicks, skinnies, rear exhaust section removed. He says since it's cold he's going to see how well it sticks. So he leaves....for a long time...way longer than it would've taken just to see how sticky the track was. He comes back and acts like i'm not there waiting....

So i walk up and ask, our we going or what? He says sure we can go, but i need to get gas..... All these preparations and he forgot to get gas??? So he leaves, the video men leave. literally a minute later i leave to meet him at the track. hmm.....he made it to the track before me, not even sure it's possible to get gas that fast.

Who cares though, it's a race for fun right? We line and go on my passengers count. I decide ahead of time to leave on 1 instead of go. Damn it, he STILL leaves the line before me! This time too much traction! I bog, then the front lifts as the turbo's kick in....1st gear his front bumper at my front door, 2nd gear CRUNCH, he misses 2nd. He's a car and half behind. I think the race is over, he can't make up that kind of ground, he doesnt have the power.....All of a sudden his car comes to life, the headlights lift....high. He blows by me like i'm standing still.....he's about 2 cars ahead...and he STOPS pulling. I actually start creeping back on him. The 1/4 mile is over, he's almost 2 cars ahead.....

Line up one more time. 1st gear, i'm half a car ahead, 2nd gear he pulls HARD, ends up a car ahead, and sits a car ahead the rest of the race. I'm a little PO'd and suspicious.

We get back to the lot and people are watching the video tapes, i'm just kind of watching, listening to what people have to say (let me tell you, this race drew QUITE a crowd). I overhear the driver of the 5.0 talking to another mustang owner, the only important line of their converstation...."I sprayed in 2nd".

If you want to spray, spray, but don't deny it......I never called him out, it was a race for fun, and i had a lot of fun that night. Not worth fighting over....probably better he won anyway, after the way he set up his car, if he lost, he would've probably been pissed.

This post is WAY too long!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
awd4kicks
post Oct 9 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #2

DSMCentral Godfather

Group: Admin
Member No.: 26

Good racing action Kapoosh. Don't worry about the stang. Most can be beat N/A, but you throw a lot of bottle at them and they are nearly bulletproof till they blow.

--------------------
In Loving memory of David T Crebo
Greatness comes from the most unexpected places!
user posted image

+Quote Post
SCCA Stang
post Oct 9 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #3

Eats and sleeps DSM jargin.

Group: Members
Member No.: 150

I think I would accually be disapointed by my run if I had showed up with a bottle on a car with twice the cubes against a car with turbo only and only won by one car length.

I know that I was way disapointed when I won that race against the '67 350 SS Camaro. I only beat him by a couple of cars. should have smoked him.
Then again, I didn't launch hard that day (trying to keep the trani from fraging cause I was 1 day from leaving for Iraq)

I think if I had launched I would have been way happier with the results.

--------------------
You CAN sleep in your car, but your CAN NOT race your house!!!
-------------------------------------------------------

Double Decker spoilers are uber ricerlicious!!!!

user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:26 AM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions