> GSX vs Turbo civic
SCCA Stang
post Jan 31 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Eats and sleeps DSM jargin.

Group: Members
Member No.: 150

hey all....

here we go ladies and gents. buckle your seat belts for the first kill in the Mutant GSX since the install of the FMIC and the SAFC II.

it all started one day after school about a week ago. I was cruisin around the tollways at about 60 MPH, when a red civic passes me. at first glance I thought that it was a riced out civic just like 98% of all civics out there. The only thing that turned my head was the unmistakable sound of a atmosphericly vented BOV popping as he shifted.......

At that time I reacted with a downshift to 4th and a small pull ahead to acknoledge that I took notice..... I continued to toy with the small sport compact as we continued to exchange turbo spool sounds and BOV phssssshes like wispering sweet nothings in each others ears. Traffic was too congested to really get it on yet and my exit was coming soon.

As we approched my exit, I got over in the far lane and left my turn signal on for a longer than usual time period showning the whistling civic my intentions of turning, he followed suit by jumping across two lanes and falling in line with me for the ramp.

As I was in mid stream in the ramp I started looking for a hole in traffic to merge to, to my surprise..... there was no traffic!!!!!! Lets Get It On!!!!

before I had the chance to wave him on to give him the jump, he had already jumped across the triangle shaped painted lines and had taken a free jump.... I promptly downshifted to 3rd and dropped the hammer.

3rd gear: I was able to reel him in by about 5K and we ran neck to neck throughout the remainder of 3rd.

4th gear: I was unable to gain much ground in the first portion of the pull, but at the top of 4th, I found myself about 1.5 to 2 cars in front of the little red car.

5th gear: I found myself streatching out my lead to better than 6 cars as the little civic was reaching the upper limits of the poor little cars top end; I also found myself reaching about 130 on the ol speedo.

about then I see the lights of the civic drop off as the pilot of the well performing civic gave up on the chase.

I have to give props to the pilot of the little car that thought he could for such a strong run for a civic.

--------------------
You CAN sleep in your car, but your CAN NOT race your house!!!
-------------------------------------------------------

Double Decker spoilers are uber ricerlicious!!!!

user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:27 AM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions