Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For Sale Thread Rules
natedogg
post Oct 17 2005, 08:06 AM
Post #1

Zen Master DSM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

We've had a few FS threads on here lately that are missing necessary information or have been hijacked or thrown off topic. I think its high time we established some FS thread rules. I'll sticky this in the Cars FS forum, but it will also more or less apply to the Part FS forum. Mods please edit or add anything that makes sense.

To seller:

1. Please include year, make, model, mileage, color, general location, and asking price.

2. Please include some form of contact information. Be it email addy, phone number, or a PM inbox with room to spare.

3. Please make sure the post content pertains to sale.

4. Please list all modifications. This is a performance site...we're interested in this stuff!

5. Please update the thread whenever something changes (ie. the car sold, new modification, etc.)

6. If at all possible please include some detailed photos. You may be surprised at how far photos go in helping you sell your car.

7. If possible post photos of time slips if you have taken your car to the drag strip. Obviously, this is up to the seller's discretion.

8. If you don't at least follow rules 1-3, don't be suprised if your FS thread doesn't make it past moderator review.

To everyone else:

1. Please be contientious in your responses in the thread. Any form of criticism will be deleted. If the seller is looking for constructive criticism, he will ask for it. Otherwise, assume he is just trying to sell his car.

2. If you have a problem with the seller's asking price, keep it to yourself. Its his car, he can ask what he wants for it. Its up to the seller and his need for sale, what price tag he wants to put on it. Here in the US we are lucky enough to live in a free market society!

3. If you have personal previous experience with the FS car, please feel free to post it. If you have heard of another with previous experience with the FS car (good or bad), please keep it to yourself.

4. Please keep the for sale thread on topic. Examples would be questions about the car and the car's history. We like to joke around on here and a little off topic joking is usually tolerated, but if the seller makes it clear that he wants his FS thread to stay strictly on topic, all off topic content will be deleted.

For good examples of what FS posts should look like, look at any of spyonu2007's FS posts.

Most of this stuff is common sense, and I don't foresee any problems, but have a read-through and let us know if something doesn't make sense. We're flexible.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jakesgsx
post May 23 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #2

Beginner

Group: Members
Member No.: 888

Hey Nate, do you know of anybody or a good place that has a 2.4L 4G64 6 bolt short block for sale? I am going to be rebuilding a engine this coming fall at good ol' ICC. My plan it to get a 2.4L 4G64 6 bolt short block and put a 4G63 2.0 head on it. I know that it has to be a specific year to do the 2.4L w/ a 2.0 head, but I don't know that year, so I need to do more research. biggrin.gif
-Jake
'99 GSX

+Quote Post
99Spyder
post May 23 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #3

Web Administrator Yo!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 376

We are now trying to keep our buying and selling on DSMCentral Exchange

On Exchange right now akamiami has a G4CS 2.4 liter block for sale. Here is a link.

--------------------
Fast & Furious on the outside...DSM under the hood!!!

+Quote Post
natedogg
post May 24 2006, 06:57 AM
Post #4

Zen Master DSM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

What he said. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jakesgsx
post May 25 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #5

Beginner

Group: Members
Member No.: 888

ohmy.gif its already sold...

+Quote Post
99Spyder
post May 25 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #6

Web Administrator Yo!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 376

It was still live when I linked it... Perhaps this Exchange thing is working!

--------------------
Fast & Furious on the outside...DSM under the hood!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 11:25 AM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions