Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The little Audi that could....n't
natedogg
post Feb 20 2005, 01:55 AM
Post #1

Zen Master DSM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

After calling it a night with the rest of my DSM brethren, who had all (including myself) collectively decided the weather was too nasty for "spirited driving", I head on may way home from Peoria. As I approach a certain structure utilized for crossing water I notice some fanshy smanshy HID headlights rapidly approaching from behind. I hold pace and find its a new Audi S4 (stock by the looks of it) with what looked to be a full complement of passengers itching for some competition. I let them know I'm ready and willing by downshifting and blipping out in front of them, just so they can fully understand the size of the wing they are dealing with here.

The Audi pilot takes the challenge and comes up on me full speed just as I'm downshifting to 2nd. The Spy-coined "Dutch run" if you will. He passes as I press the go pedal. As the turbo spools and the revs hit their sweet spot I realize he is no longer pulling on me, but alas my headlights remain the same size in his rearview mirror, just as he comes up on a car in his lane requiring him to apply the binders. I, gentleman competitor that I am, graciously apply my binders as well and allow him the open lane in front of me.

After a mile or so, we free ourselves of traffic, and downshift to 2nd next to each other. I point forward, indicating that I will give him the bust, since I have the passengerless weight advantage. He bites...and my yellow rice mobile bites back. He gets a split second jump on me to start the competition, but I'm sitting in my sweet spot and the go pedal doesn't disappoint. I pull even with him by the top of second. A quick flick of the wrist and a few thousand RPM into 3rd, puts him a solid car behind me. Nearing the red, I effortlessly flick her into 4th (Oh I wish I could swap the Evo drivetrain into my Talon) and pick up another couple of carlengths. We both stay in it through my 4th and then I tap the brakes to let him know its all over. He knew that he had been fairly and soundly beaten.

He comes up next to me and gives me a wave as I pull off onto a side street on my way home. I guess the Evo just couldn't go home without some kind of action tonight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kapoosh
post Feb 20 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #2

DSMCentral Freak

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

ahha that was me! I just bought her today! I knew you would win but i had to atleast give it a shot.

I'll come back for more when i get some things done.

+Quote Post
natedogg
post Feb 20 2005, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Zen Master DSM

That's a sweet car Kapoosh. I've always had a thing for S4's.

And I'll be waiting... biggthumpup.gif

+Quote Post
kapoosh
post Feb 20 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #4

DSMCentral Freak

Member No.: 339

ya it's blue

+Quote Post
turbohcar
post Feb 21 2005, 12:24 PM
Post #5

DSM Tech Wizard

Member No.: 214

Well now. Finally a formiddable opponent for the Evo. Sounds like that race would have been a lot closer had the Audi lost some weight.

--------------------
"I hear he tunes the space shuttle also...and that thing is fast"

+Quote Post
natedogg
post Feb 21 2005, 12:28 PM
Post #6

Zen Master DSM

I just did a little reading up on the new S4. 340 ponies but its a heavy sonuvabitch. Nearly 4K pounds! Nevertheless motortrend stopped the clocks in 13.4s@105mph with it. Even with the obvious weight advantage, I'm pretty proud of my little yellow ricemobile. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:24 PM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions