Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Spy TA is getting a bite to match it's bark, Though it's bark is getting meaner too
awd4kicks
post Apr 24 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #1

DSMCentral Godfather

Group: Admin
Member No.: 26

So the other day I was riding shot-gun in the fire engine red LT1 bird of the Spy guy. We were getting a feel for the power gain netted by the much needed long tubes just installed. We heard that the knock sensor must be upgraded to an LT4 unit to avoid phantom knock from noisy headers and the newest dyno sheet reflected this. There is definitely an improvement already, but the knock sensor and a tuned chip should bring this naturally aspirated eight slugger together.

While cruising in our near-by state we happened across a well known DSM. This guy is known for his binary linguistics and for bringin home the babes! Beyond his celebrity status among the DSM locals and ladies we also knew that he is running an EVO III 16g at 20 psi with nearly no knock through the expertise of his binary dirived tuning abilities.

Once in sight and greetings made at 55MPH or so we motioned a test run with the TA on three honks. HONK...HONK....HONK and the TA lurched forward on the start of a WOT run. However, our conterpart held up so our pilot let off the throttle and fell back. As we appeared to be backing up next to the DSM, he launched his attack! Ahhh those DSMs are sneaky bastages! The fire under the TA was relit and chase insued with a 2-3 car deficit already in hand. The rest of third was expired and all of forth was used up with no visible gains or losses. then fifth was placed on the the front line of this fight and the TA actually began to slowly real in the AWD DSM! With road running out the run was cut short as both drivers applied the binders. Whew...It's always nice to see a DSM in front of a big V8...I love watching the black smoke billow out of the giant tail pipe of the crazy rich DSMs! biggthumpup.gif

Well we were happy we didn't lose any ground to the potent DSM, but would rather have been able to reel him in sooner with the current mod level on the TA. So we motioned for another run. This time our trusty DSM tuner was behind us when we called him to task. He graciously slid over into the open lane and proceeded to nail it as he came up ...and on by. Well, we were waiting to do the three honk start, but there's no time for that now and the go pedal was drop to the floor board. Again we started with the 2-3 car defecit and punched through the gears letting them run as long as the pilot dared. 3rd...4th....5th..... WOW! No gain! Again no loss but the defending DSM held us off once again as the race was once again shut down with lack of room.

So all in all I think the NA TA did rather well considering how fast a DSM being force feed 20psi with an EVO III can be. Sure we had our excuses with 350 extra pounds of riders and uneven starting points, but I'm impressed the TA was able to hang. To put this in perspective my 14b AWD never had any trouble killing off the LT1 F-bodys when I was only G-teching 14's and lower. We were doing quite a bit faster than that! wink.gif

Good times...Thanks for the runs DSM guy! We need to start even in the future though. laugh.gif

--------------------
In Loving memory of David T Crebo
Greatness comes from the most unexpected places!
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:00 PM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions