Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blue lude goes down
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
Speedracer
i have not had an actual race in a long time, probably since cordova. anyway, i'm on a highway on myway back home today with two friends in my 00 mitsu eclipse gt. i'm just cruisinf along at about 70. when all of the sudden this bright blue prelude come flying up on me, he had to have been doing at least 100mph. i know this lude quite well. it used to be on one of my best friends dad's car lot in morton. it is a 02 i believe. it had some white 17"s on it, h22a, an axleback exhaust, an aem CAI, and a double decker wing. oh, can't forget the altezzas! i think it has an aftermarket front bumper, too. so this kid that bought it come flting up on me like crazy. this kinda pisses me off all by it's self. plus i've been wanting to race this kid since he got the damn car. all i ever hear he does is talk about how his car is the king shit of all car, and how he'll race anybody for money anytime. and right, at the moment that he starts screwing with me on the highway, i knew i had to put this kid in his place.

so this kid just wants to start racing right now. but, there is like five cars in front of us. the kid just flys through all of them. thoughts in my head at this time, "don't let him get away!" so we drive at about 85 weaving in and out of traffic. finally about a mile and a half away from my exit there are no more cars in front of us, no cops, just me and him. i drop down to third going about 75mph. not sure exactly what gear he dropped to, but i'm almost positive it was third, going to same speed as me. i look over at him and he looks straight at me. i look back at the road and i hear his exhaust note and i'm sure he's full on it. it only took about a thousandth of a second for me to do the same. he pulled for only that thousandth of a second. and after that he just faded back. and i know he was on it cause exhaust was so damn loud and annoying! i ended off at about 110-115mph. it was a great rush, and i felt pretty accomplished to have beaten it.

the best part is, shortly after he bought the car, someone keyed through the paint and into the metal of the drivers door "bitch" and underlined it. i could read it perfectly everytime i looked over at the car! -kyle
ncgalant
Always feels nice to kill a ricer. To bad the only ricer I've ever taken was an eclipse.
resalturbo
is that the blue prelude that was for sale forever in morton for like 20,000????
if so then i dont think there is anything done to the motor at all???
Speedracer
QUOTE (resalturbo @ Apr 4 2004, 02:02 PM)
is that the blue prelude that was for sale forever in morton for like 20,000????
if so then i dont think there is anything done to the motor at all???

it was like 18k, it only had about 20,000 miles on it, too. the only motor work it has is a CAI. if you wanna call that engine work, escpecially since he bought the car like that.
JMoushon
Smoked that same car on Parkway in Pekin about five days ago. He stayed with me til about 60, because I never even downshifted from 3rd. All it took was spool time, as soon as I hit about 15psi, I started pulling away like mad. In reality, I really like the car, it is gorgeous. Granted, I've never seen it really close to see any problems, the closest I've been is next to it on the road. It would be a good idea for him to stick to the show circuit, and if he feels the need to race, N/A Hondas and the occasional SN-95 Mustang GT Auto should be about as ambitious as it gets. And if he really does talk about racing for money, let me know where he'll be, that is some action I would love to get a piece of.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.