Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: white rice strikes again
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
akamiami
rumor has it that a local Honda enthusiast has a hard-on for DSM's and he's busily dismantling the folks on the east side of the river. This crevetucky customs co-founder has sucessfully put the hurt on a grey turbo dsm in the pekin area recently. I was informed that the dsm driver had a 'white man's afro' and that it was embarrassingly slow. C'mon guys, all the shit talking we do on here and we can't even manage to take down a single riced out integra? Weak.
awd4me
i saw a grey dsm sittin outside someones house a few days ago.....had exhaust but i'd never seen it out before so i cant say if its slow or not...
Justincredible
tell him to look for a white talon when in pekin....I've yet to be able to scare up some good competition. and im sure moushon would show him a good time too.
Rollout
lol u guys might be running from my hatch when im done.... ph34r.gif
Justincredible
QUOTE (Rollout @ May 20 2004, 11:23 PM)
lol u guys might be running from my hatch when im done.... ph34r.gif

will that be before or after your running from the bank and the credit card companies, cause they wanna collect all the money it takes to make a honda fast?
xian 1g
<yet to have respect for hondas>
i used to live in peoria.. all my friends that throught they were fast painted flames on their hondas.
in champaign, they're all flames no race'o bucko. pussies.
send that pos honda to champaign..
the mafia here is looking for some rice to eat on at the next local who should we knock off meeting.

sorry, i'm still bitter that my dsm was too busy eating batteries so when i was back in p-town i was driving my s-10...

i think my battery has enough juice to make it out to the local drag strip, long enough to eat a honda that i'm frigg'n lighter than.
awd4me
the only place around here that i've found to look for races is the pekin riverfront on the weekend....theres normally people down there everynight but the weekends have been pretty full...
xian 1g
i assume you must be talking about the pekin in missouri that's near the missouri river because i drive past the pekin illinios river front all the time and have never seen any cars there. only boats... on the river.
SCCA Stang
sorry, i'm still bitter that my dsm was too busy eating batteries so when i was back in p-town i was driving my s-10...

even that though should be enough to take down a measly riced out honda
awd4kicks
PLEASE! There are slow DSM's out there. Funny enough it always seems to be some stock turbo, or worse yet non-turbo DSM that a person will beat at one stop light and all the sudden ALL DSM's suck and they are slow. I think we have enough firepower locally to knock down MOST, serious street cars. There are always faster cars but those are pretty rediculously built bad bitches.

Stop picking on the newbies and pour guys that just want to be in the DSM group. Come find some well built DSM's that are just drooling for a cute little prey packed with fool-hardy optimism like you Honda boys!!!!
Benny Z
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ May 21 2004, 08:35 AM)
Funny enough it always seems to be some stock turbo, or worse yet non-turbo DSM that a person will beat at one stop light and all the sudden ALL DSM's suck and they are slow.

the same can be said for the reverse scenerio.
JMoushon
I'm not sure if we are thinking of the same person, but the only white 'Teg I can think of in Pekin is a GSR, CAI, header, exhaust, kitted, rims, etc. I put it in the same category as the blue Prelude. Pretty car. Not a race car, but pretty nonetheless. I had an opportunity to chat the owner up in Vancouver last weekend. In all honesty, I didn't even think to see if he wanted to race. Not that I believe his car to be slow, but c'mon, think realistically. I have, in the past, had a stop light gran prix with this car, somewhere in Guatemala I believe, and at the end of first/beginning of second, it was over. Through our conversation, I was not under the impression that this guy would be one to talk smack, he actually seemed really cool. On the other hand, if he does have a hair up his a$$ to pick on DSMs, tell him to get a bottle and pack a lunch, cuz the line forms to the left. If I run into him, I'll ask about the grey turbo. He drives by my house at least five times a week, I'll try to catch him. Worry not, DSMs will be well represented in the far east (of central Illinois). cool.gif
awd4kicks
QUOTE (Benny Z @ May 21 2004, 02:47 PM)
Funny enough it always seems to be some stock turbo, or worse yet non-turbo DSM that a person will beat at one stop light and all the sudden ALL DSM's suck and they are slow.

Touche...however most DSM guys I know dont go around bragging about beating hondas. I actually don't even look for hondas to race, but I don't mind putting the hurt on one if he happens to be all rev happy and full of bravado.

I actually like to use the DSM as an underdog and look for cars with twice the cubes and some form of egotism represented on their car. So all in all I think the reverse does happen, but for the most part Hondas only get the DSM hammer when instigated by said Honda owner. Nothing personal in any case.
Coiled
Is this the white integra we're talking about? I saw it this morning...m4d tyt3 y0!
Rollout
[quote=awd4kicks,May 21 2004, 09:14 AM] [QUOTE=awd4kicks,May 21 2004, 08:35 AM]
I actually like to use the DSM as an underdog and look for cars with twice the cubes and some form of egotism represented on their car. So all in all I think the reverse does happen, but for the most part Hondas only get the DSM hammer when instigated by said Honda owner. Nothing personal in any case. [/quote]
Deffinitly with you there, nothin like kickin the shit out of somebodies american muscle pride, bye bye camero!

I have encountered a few "hondas" that would surprise you though, a few of my friends drive hondas/acuras, a blown rsx, all motor teg gsr, b18c hatch, the rsx is by far the fastest obviously... they all put down times of around 14.1 at the track (this was before the rsx was blown), id think the rsx is prlly down in the mid to low 13's now w/ 250 hp
natedogg
QUOTE (Rollout @ May 21 2004, 09:37 AM)
I have encountered a few "hondas" that would surprise you though, a few of my friends drive hondas/acuras, a blown rsx, all motor teg gsr, b18c hatch, the rsx is by far the fastest obviously... they all put down times of around 14.1 at the track (this was before the rsx was blown), id think the rsx is prlly down in the mid to low 13's now w/ 250 hp

Is that considered fast in the world of Honda's? Oh right, 'fast' is a relative and subjective term. biggrin.gif
natedogg
QUOTE (Benny Z @ May 21 2004, 08:47 AM)

So you are representing the slow non-turbo Honda in that reverse situation? As in losing to a 20 year old 140 hp Porsche 944? tongue.gif j/k

Don't worry I won't give up your 'secret'. You may surprise a few people yet. wink.gif
Rollout
QUOTE (natedogg @ May 21 2004, 10:07 AM)
Is that considered fast in the world of Honda's? Oh right, 'fast' is a relative and subjective term. biggrin.gif

lol you said it
Benny Z
QUOTE (natedogg @ May 21 2004, 10:11 AM)
Don't worry I won't give up your 'secret'. You may surprise a few people yet. wink.gif

i was really quite happy with how "secret" it was kept. i know a lot of people knew, but not the people i specifically was trying to keep it secret from. (read, dsm central tongue.gif )

oh well, the cat's out of the bag now.

it'll be interesting to see how this goes. i know i won't be beating the "big boys", but i'm hoping to be at least competetive none the less.
awd4kicks
I was wondering about that still being considered secret!?! wink.gif

Anyway I for one, appreciate your method of modifications and the race founded reasons for them.
Benny Z
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ May 21 2004, 11:40 AM)
Anyway I for one, appreciate your method of modifications and the race founded reasons for them.

thanks... biggrin.gif

it's coming right back off after the 30th. rolleyes.gif

i figured this would be the most cost effective way to be competitive by the 30th, since i don't want to go out and rack up a ton of debt.
awd4me
when do you drive by the riverfront in pekin? because the last couple of fridays and saturdays there have been around 20-30 cars down there.....people normally show up about 10-10:30.....gimme a call sometime if you want to know if theres people down there and i'll let you know...or just stop by! 241-4644
xian 1g
when do you drive by the riverfront in pekin? because the last couple of fridays and saturdays there have been around 20-30 cars down there.....people normally show up about 10-10:30.....gimme a call sometime if you want to know if theres people down there and i'll let you know...or just stop by! 241-4644

thanks, but prefer going to kentucky and missouri... The river there is nicer... some times canada has a real nice crowd too. I think you are wrong. NO ONE EVER GOES TO THE PEKIN RIVER FRONT. That would be illegal. there are nice legal drag strips in kentucky and missouri, hell even some in illinois.
MidwestDSM
QUOTE (Benny Z @ May 21 2004, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (natedogg @ May 21 2004, 10:11 AM)
Don't worry I won't give up your 'secret'.  You may surprise a few people yet.  wink.gif

i was really quite happy with how "secret" it was kept. i know a lot of people knew, but not the people i specifically was trying to keep it secret from. (read, dsm central tongue.gif )

oh well, the cat's out of the bag now.

it'll be interesting to see how this goes. i know i won't be beating the "big boys", but i'm hoping to be at least competetive none the less.

biggrin.gif LOL I didn't tell anybody
ranta18
Sometimes you guys make me wish I would have kept my slow NA Honda together so I could make you eat your words tongue.gif I think you'd be suprised how little I spent on it. Hell, I got the car for $1100. Getting good wholesale prices helps too.

I admit most Hondas are very slow. Most all 4cyl imports are. What makes them fast are motor swaps and turbos. Thats what kids don't understand.

Me and Kris were talking about this and he was asking why I'm making my car track only because its just a Honda and won't be the fastest thing out there. Not everyone is about being the fastest. Do I think I'll have the fastest car in the area with a Honda? And a NA Honda at that? No. I just want to go the fastest I can NA and Honda.
JMoushon
Dollar for dollar, the factory turbo cars are, IMO, a better starting point. I love my Honda hatch, but race my DSM. And yes, most 4cyl cars are dead slow. I would have to say, though, that DSMs on average, are far quicker.
natedogg
Seems there's a few too many Honda guys on DSMCentral. tongue.gif
JMoushon
Hey!! I made sure to mention that I felt the DSMs were the faster car. Just because I luv my hatch... I have to represent both sides.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.