Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 007 takes loss in 3/4 mile race!!!
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
awd4kicks
So my freshly detuned 007 Talon took a loss last night on the valley roads at the foot of the Swiss Alps. It was spy against spy as my 14b bitch got passed before the end of the 3/4 mile mark.

More details to follow...
awd4kicks
Detuned from the BR500..sorry for the confusion.
natedogg
Time for a rematch against the Evo, Spy?
Justincredible
QUOTE (natedogg @ Jun 4 2004, 05:40 PM)
Time for a rematch against the Evo, Spy?

raises hand. oooh ooooh I do I do. I could use a good putting in my place.
JMoushon
Can we go from a roll? I'd lika a piece of the freshly tuned pos. ph34r.gif
JMoushon
More like summerchestcoldboy. However, DayQuil does not dull the reflexes. Should I be skeered? Maybe I should get some NAWZ!
awd4kicks
Ok here's the rest of the story....

About 18 hours after I got my 14b back on the car and running, Spy and I had our DSM's flown to the Swiss Alps for a little drag comparison. For fun and logging purposes Jbone was riding shot gun with me.

The talon is feeling and looking good with the semi-fresh black leather interior and a nice upgraded sound system that Jbone hooked up for me. cool.gif

So anyway after a nice meal we all roll out to a deserted road hidden in the valley of the Alps. We lined up in a rush to keep any unwanted attention at bay. Spy screams 'We'er going on 3-2-1-GO....ok 3-2-1...' and I dumped the clutch in a little anticipation of the 'GO' wink.gif I made my initial jump out in front and didn't know where Spy was nor did I take the time to think about it. 7K came up QUICK and I slammed 2nd with no issues. Next came the HP telling 3rd gear and I waited for Spy to come by. I climbed all the way through third and could begin to hear Spy comming on but saw nothing. Forth fell into place and let her eat for all she had. As forth wound out Spy began to come by. As he evened up with me I glanced at the speedo to see we were at 120-125 mark. It appeared that Spy's car was flying pretty good at around 130 or so as he shifted to fifth and I followed suit. The Spy pulled at least another car out in front and then we got on the binders. Whew...that was fun and not bad for not racing much less launching AWD within the past six months or so... biggthumpup.gif

Before we loaded the cars back-up into the transport plane we marked off our total race at around 7 thenths of a mile! Wow...I couldn't believe my 14b held off the 16g, front mount equiped race car for both the 1/4 mile and the 1/2 mile!!!! Still Spys car was right there and then by me at the 125 mark and took me in the 3/4 mile!

A very good match and an incredibly fun race. Well worth the time and expense in flying to a neutral country for some good racing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.