Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats a Stock ls1 Run?
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
Justincredible
ls-1/6 speed

you know the vette motor that also made its way into some f-bodies.

whats it run stock quarter mile. competent driver.
Turbo Tension
are you fucking stupid? LS1s have been being tested in magazines and on internet sites for the last SEVEN YEARS.

HOW THE **** DID YOU MISS THAT?!
Justincredible
do me a favor. re-read what section of the site you just posted in.......then you might understand.
Coiled
I would think for the LS1 to run anything it would need to be in a car. That said if you talk to people that own the Vette's and F-Body's they run 12's right from the factory at least this is what i've been told so many times. rolleyes.gif

That said are a 13 second car with a competent driver. They respond great to mods though.
Justincredible
QUOTE (Coiled @ Jun 15 2004, 02:18 PM)
I would think for the LS1 to run anything it would need to be in a car.  That said if you talk to people that own the Vette's and F-Body's they run 12's right from the factory at least this is what i've been told so many times.  rolleyes.gif

That said are a 13 second car with a competent driver.  They respond great to mods though.

LOL. yea I looked and saw a lot of 12.9-13.2's. hmm. not bad.

Troy~ that is what I have learned today.

next question. Whats 1.5-2 carlength lead in a quartermile?
Larz
Some sources say as high as 14.0. Others as low as highs 12s. Depends on who you talk to. I got into an arguement about it with a camaro driver before. He swore to god he ran 12s with an LS1 and exhaust. I thought it was bullshit.
Coiled
It's all about traction with them, the motor has a very nice powerband, I would think that anyone that runs 12's straight out of the box with one is at the track a whole lot. Stock dyno #'s are right about 300hp again talking to the owners of them you'll hear 315-330.
Justincredible
FWD??? yes..... exactly. the mind control is working.
wntsom4
I used to own a 95 T/A and it had a LT1 which I know is not as good as the LS1 but the first time I ran was 14.7 with a full tank of gas and a stereo system.
Justincredible
QUOTE (Coiled @ Jun 15 2004, 02:26 PM)
It's all about traction with them, the motor has a very nice powerband, I would think that anyone that runs 12's straight out of the box with one is at the track a whole lot. Stock dyno #'s are right about 300hp again talking to the owners of them you'll hear 315-330.

So realistically one would hope to muster a 13.4ish?
Coiled
My friend got a 14.3 out of his I made a pass and got a 13.9 out of it, 13.4 seems like a very realistic number. And yeah some guys run 12's with them from the factory. Sunday there was a guy with a ws6 running I saw him make some 13.6 passes at least times in that area at 106mph. His was modded somewhat, he was lacking the traction like most of the rwd v8 suckas.
Turbo Tension
ALL STOCK 405hp ZO6 ran 12.00@117mph on ET Streets

1 tenth is like, not even a whole car length. I was maybe 3 carlengths behind a car that ran an 11.8 to my 12.6 @ Gateway a year ago.

EDIT: AND I DON'T CARE WHAT SECTION YOU POSTED THIS THREAD IN, IT'S JUSTINRETARDED FOR YOU TO NOT LOOK AT THE INTARWEB dry.gif
Coiled
Z06 is not teh ELLIS JUAN!!! It's the ELLIS SECHS!!!! Now post the pictar that you need to post!
xian 1g
JUSTINRETARDED

that's a first... lol.
Justincredible
QUOTE (Turbo Tension @ Jun 15 2004, 03:06 PM)

1 tenth is like, not even a whole car length. I was maybe 3 carlengths behind a car that ran an 11.8 to my 12.6 @ Gateway a year ago.

EDIT: AND I DON'T CARE WHAT SECTION YOU POSTED THIS THREAD IN, IT'S JUSTINRETARDED FOR YOU TO NOT LOOK AT THE INTARWEB dry.gif

shut up damn it. your just mad my car runs like it should and yours doesnt. tongue.gif
Turbo Tension
QUOTE (Justincredible @ Jun 15 2004, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (Turbo Tension @ Jun 15 2004, 03:06 PM)

shut up damn it. your just mad my car runs like it should and yours doesnt. tongue.gif

oooooooooooooooook rolleyes.gif
awd4kicks
Wow...what a big deal about nothing! Netter stop being an a$$.

The majority of LS1 F-bodys will run anywhere between 13.4-13.7 depending on the driver and what day the car was built. wink.gif 6-speeds are usually faster and Camaros seem to edge out the TA's because they are lighter. HIGH 12's are fairly easy to reach with a few hundred dollars in mods on an LS1 F-body as Coiled stated.

The way R&T's Ram Air TA was running sunday I'd hope it was stock or the humidity was kicking his butt too.
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (Larz @ Jun 15 2004, 01:22 PM)
Some sources say as high as 14.0. Others as low as highs 12s. Depends on who you talk to. I got into an arguement about it with a camaro driver before. He swore to god he ran 12s with an LS1 and exhaust. I thought it was bullshit.

it depends on the driver, the elevation, the mods, the fuel, the humidity, the air temp and probably half a dozen other variables...

so if you had 60 degrees with no humidity at sea-level, a profesional driver, limited tire spin, and premium fuel, it may run 12's out of the box
Turbo Tension
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jun 15 2004, 09:01 PM)
Wow...what a big deal about nothing! Netter stop being an a$$.

if I can't molest boys in person I will do it over the intArweb!
Coiled
The R&T's ride has some stuff done she didn't sound stock, more than likely exhaust and lid. He wasn't getting traction for squat, looks like he had some suspension work as well the front end was coming up hard on his car. I really hope it was the humidty and heat that was making my car stink like a big turd.
MidwestDSM
QUOTE (Turbo Tension @ Jun 15 2004, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jun 15 2004, 09:01 PM)
Wow...what a big deal about nothing!  Netter stop being an a$$.

if I can't molest boys in person I will do it over the intArweb!

why oh why did I sign a lease with this man... unsure.gif
lawngsx
I have a friend here at school that has a 00 Z28 factory freak. When he got it, he throw on some drag radials and ran 12.3's. He then put on a set of LG Motorsports long tube headers with the stock exhaust, lid, and street tires and ran 12.1. A couple of guys around here with vettes though put down pretty consistent low 13's as stock.
Larz
QUOTE (gsxracer80 @ Jun 15 2004, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (Larz @ Jun 15 2004, 01:22 PM)
Some sources say as high as 14.0.  Others as low as highs 12s.  Depends on who you talk to.  I got into an arguement about it with a camaro driver before.  He swore to god he ran 12s with an LS1 and exhaust.  I thought it was bullshit.

it depends on the driver, the elevation, the mods, the fuel, the humidity, the air temp and probably half a dozen other variables...

so if you had 60 degrees with no humidity at sea-level, a profesional driver, limited tire spin, and premium fuel, it may run 12's out of the box

Some car manufacturers also make their numbers not as good as reality for the insurance purposes of the buyers. Just a rumor I heard. I doubt it's true.
hammar
QUOTE (Coiled @ Jun 15 2004, 04:34 PM)
The R&T's ride has some stuff done she didn't sound stock, more than likely exhaust and lid. He wasn't getting traction for squat, looks like he had some suspension work as well the front end was coming up hard on his car. I really hope it was the humidty and heat that was making my car stink like a big turd.

We've got some video of me leaving that 'bird at the light big time, with my mighty 185/60/13s even. His big problem seemed to be launch style. Smoking the tires through first = slow......
Coiled
He was def going for style I had one run like that against Josh (Blue GT) my 2500 rpm dump got me nothing but sideways and a 2.254 60'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.