Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New eclipses aren't to bad
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
ncgalant
I was out cruising with my buddy the other night after a trip to walmart. My usual boxes and crap were in the back along with some of crap from walmart. We're cruising along and see a new eclipse blow by us going 90 or so. I quickly make chase. I pulled next to him waiting for him to make a move. He punches it and were off.

Feeling quite sure of myself I left her in 5th and just went to the floor. Surprisingly enough from 90-120 I only pulled a car or so on him. Seeing a car come up I let off a bit to 100 or so, then realized I was going to have to pass. At this point he was back almost next to me.

Some 4th to 5th action put me up at 130 where my UICP blew off the throttle body. I believe some JB weld is in my near future.

I was where I needed to be so I just pulled over and put my car back together. I threw him a thumb up and he threw me a wave. That was when my friend said, "Umm, dude, that was a GS."

Sure I didn't downshift, but that thing was mean from a role.
Benny Z
trust me, it wasn't a stock gs.

we've got an '01 gs in the driveway...the thing couldn't move out of the way of an aproaching snail if it wanted to.
awd4kicks
The GS with turbo kit has been down for at least a week and is currently awaiting a transmission swap.
Benny Z
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jul 1 2004, 10:39 AM)
The GS with turbo kit has been down for at least a week and is currently awaiting a transmission swap.

go figure!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
awd4kicks
QUOTE (Benny Z @ Jul 1 2004, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jul 1 2004, 10:39 AM)

go figure!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

No kidding.. wink.gif

This guy blew his differential apart up at a Joliet event a couple weekends ago. Turbo kit through a stock fWD transaxle to front stickies does not lend its self to longevity. To help on the traction issue and help keep his diff. together we are adding a Quaif to his replacement before it gets installed.

Can't blame him for trying!
Taxiwardance
Damn 3g's what was he thinking? No i know the guy who's car is down right now. Not bad, nice setup, but he will be seeing the back end of an ugly talon soon enough! biggthumpup.gif Just as soon as i get my tranny put in! mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.