Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Kill with the new ride..
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
madflava
This is str8ridin from CII...

Well, I've always liked IS300's..especailly when they came out with the 5-speeds. My hate for them started when I lost twice to the 5-speeds against my Maxima Auto..

Redemption begins.

Enter the scene: My 430 Benz. Leaving Chicago on LS south, taking it easy around the potholes and what-not, the car I used to admire pulls up next to me at one of the last few remaining lights next to the lake. I pretensiously keep looking ahead at the light and act like I don't notice this nice Lexus, but as the light turns green, I coulnd't help look as he chirped his rear tires and launched forward. So I got on it and caught up to him at the next light. We exchanged nods and smiles and then focused at the red light. I coyly turned the traction control off (damn Automatic) and waited for the light. He was holding his revs while I just kept my foot on the brake. The light then turned green, we both spin the rear tires, my 255/35 18's catch and we both launch. He inched ahead of up unitl 30 mph, then I proceeded to slingshot by him.

The last light before the highway starts catches us with a red. So we scrub off the speed and start again. Same story again.

But it got better after that. We were both headed south on the highway, and every open opportunity we got, both of us got on it and I kept embarrassing him over and over again. I love V8's...

Ah, it just feels good to finally beat a car over and over that has always beat me in the past.

smile.gif

Thanks for letting me share.
madflava
Sure, you have a NA car?
madflava
Whatever and whenver. You'll probably smoke me from a roll and stop. Let's play on the highway. My AMG intake and exhaust are on order and my rev limiter is about to be removed. Can you do 170mph? biggrin.gif
madflava
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Jul 28 2004, 12:26 PM)
In a dsm with stock gearing no. In the vr4 thats currently getting the new motor swapped in, 175 is just barely over what 4th gear yields. Nice car, though. I am still in the market for a 4 door, what year is the maxima?

It's a 97. The thread got locked because I've been a bad boy, but it's still up..

http://www.dsmcentral.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=2110

It's dying for a Stillen supercharger...

and Vr4's are BEASTS...

Reminds of the days of real sports cars.....Supra TT, 300ZX TT, RX7 and VR4...
turbohcar
Madflava, I saw the pics of your Maxima in your FS thread. Did you ever by chance have a run in with a DSM? More specifically a Red first generation FWD car? Early last year I was driving a 92 GST autostick and came across a Maxima similar to yours. This one was wearing stock appearing wheels without the window tint though. I specifically remember my jaw dropping open when that Maxima left my car behind like a three year old discards an abused play toy. Congrats on the new toy
madflava
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Jul 28 2004, 06:03 PM)
Madflava, I saw the pics of your Maxima in your FS thread. Did you ever by chance have a run in with a DSM? More specifically a Red first generation FWD car? Early last year I was driving a 92 GST autostick and came across a Maxima similar to yours. This one was wearing stock appearing wheels without the window tint though. I specifically remember my jaw dropping open when that Maxima left my car behind like a three year old discards an abused play toy. Congrats on the new toy

lol! I ran into a few dsm's...not sure if it was me, but I don't mind taking credit for it! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.