Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $$$$$$
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
JMoushon
I need tires badly...
eclipgst
jmoushon- I noticed a great response from my fwd when i put khumo supras tires and Kyb agx shocks. The tire were not that expensive they were only about 80$ a pop. The shocks were a little more but after putting those on it was like night and day. Just leting you know if you were in the market for some good tires.

Spy- Again always good to hear your kill stories. Go kill a mustang or two for me while my car is down. In fact ill give ya 5$ to let me run your dsm one time on a s.h.i.t. stang. I want to drive one that bad right now! This sucks
JMoushon
Intrax and AGX: check

205/55-16 Farm and Fleet tires: check

Will have at least better tires (not great, but better) for Cordova. Top end is killer. If I could hook up, I'd be deep in the 13s. Wishful thinking...

Roush Stage 2 no contest. From a roll, 10 plus cars from 30-130+, from a stop, he took me by about 5 out of the hole, and at about 90 I passed him like he was parked. By 120, he was at least 5 back. I gotta get a video of this, it's silly.

Got salty cuz I lost to a new Bullitt mustang, but his 315/45-17 G-Force TA DRAG RADIALS smoked me out of the hole so bad that although I pulled on him the entire way he still beat me by about 2. I would put that launch against an awd any day. I was amazed.

Lightning: Spy (225lbs) and my friend Brian (180) in the car with me, from a roll pulled on him from 20 -120. Silly top-end.

Feels good to be back...
JBone
Nice kill. I heard rumors bout this newly compressed motor. way to go J biggthumpup.gif
Coiled
QUOTE (JBone @ Sep 13 2004, 02:31 PM)
Nice kill. I heard rumors bout this newly compressed motor. way to go J biggthumpup.gif

You coming on the 19th for some action? ph34r.gif
JMoushon
Not sure if that was directed to me, but if so, yes. However, I am fairly confident that I am nowhere near your level. The way the car feels, I'd say she picked up .2 to .4 in et, and a couple mph from the 14.0 and 104 last trip. Not sure if good tires, even slicks, could make up the other .8 sec. biggthumpup.gif
Coiled
I need to beat as many dsm's as possible after Nate embarassed my arse last time. LOL

Hopefully the weather will be a little more in everyone's favor on Sunday though.
JBone
so far it doesn't look like i am going to be going to cordova. besides, why would i want to break my car? i am not exactly looking for another headache to add to schoolwork. I would love to see everybody's cars go, though.
JMoushon
Well, Marcus came over tonight for some logging, and the results were kinda crazy. If you look at my above posts, I talk about silly top end and how I was amazed at the power I was getting out of my new 9.0:1 engine. All of this holds true. Now it gets interesting.

We go to mid-Cambodia and do some third and fourth gear pulls. Still pulling as hard as the other night, but the logger tells a different story. A story about lots of knock and lots of timing being pulled out by the computer. And I thought she was pretty dialed-in before... We check the base timing. 12* BTDC. A full 7 degrees advanced from spec. Bad news, and a sure contributor to knock. So we go to loosen the CAS so we can adjust the timing, and well, it was literally hanging on the engine by a thread (or two). Barely on there, and definetely not tight. So we set the timing to a conservative 3.5*BTDC, retarded a bit to compensate for the higher compression. Next we replace the too-hot spark plugs with a fresh set of NGK-R BR7ES. All is well.

Back in Cambodia, we go to log once more, but there is a problem. It has been raining, and at 3200rpm the tires decide to spin. Lots. Cool. So we log in 4th. WOW! Strong. No knock until about 5500, where there is about 4-5 counts, and at redline it is about 10. My prediction, if I don't blow before Cordova, is now 13.6. Lovin it. Big thanks to Marcus. He's super-nifty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.