Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fox body spanked my DD...
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
awd4kicks
So I was headed out for some grub and went by a rag top fox body pulling slowly onto the road. Just as I had hoped, the traffic light gods brought me to a halt at a fresh new starting line. In the rear view I could see why the Stang was moving so slowly. As he hit bumps in the road his entire front end would bounce around as if he had no shocks on his lowered steed. I chuckled and thought this could be a nice kill.

The stang pulls up along side, we swap glances and I recognize him from a previous meeting. He shows no extra interest, nor do I. As the light goes green we both roll off the line from idle, but both of us are actively increasing our accelerations as we listen to the other. Before you know it we are both full out side by side in first. His torque and my long spool give him a bumpers lead so I'm in the gear till red line and go for second. GGGGRRRRRRIIIIINNNDD! Shiznit! By the time I got her in second I had fallen back to his rear bumper and spooling was reinitiated. When I got up to speed I was a half car back but finally keeping pace. I slammed third with much better execution and I poured all the coal I had on my DD 4-banger. At first it appeared that there was no gaining on him but as the boost came on I started to move forward in my power gear. Then ....
The race was over for safety sake because of the mobile pylons that we had come up to... @#$@%#^! I stayed in it to even us up and mouthed the word 'DAMN' to him. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders. I did the same and scooted off in my shame....

Oh well I was happy that I didn't fall to much behind going from a dead idle start with a V8, but I wont let that happen at Slo Pony day! biggthumpup.gif
JMoushon
Shifting is a female dog. Solid near-kill. I'll go get him!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.