Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warm-ups for Cordova
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
JMoushon
Got the fwd tuned in nicely, figured I would guage performance by running a car that has fairly consistent numbers. Enter one sweet blue 05 SRT-4. Nice car, and due to the fact that we went from a roll, no worries about driver error. We get into the middle of Colorado, and decide to go in 2nd from 30mph. He counts down, and admittedly, I jumped the gun. So I let off for a second, letting him catch up, and back into it I go. He had me for a second when I let off, but as soon as the lil 14b lit up, so did my tires, and that was all she wrote. I won't say that I smoked this car, but pulled consistently from 40 to about 120, ending with a solid two-car lead. I was happy, running 9:1 compression and only 15 psi, to keep up with a car known to run in the 13s, let alone beat him soundly.

Also had a run-in on the same stretch with a nicely modified awd, with a very 007-like driver. I was impressed, my lil car hung in there with tenacity, finally giving the run to the front-mount-monster as I went into fourth, after slightly pulling ahead a bit through 2nd and 3rd. I want an awd fourth gear.

Also, when the SRT-4 and I had our perfectly legal contest of acceleration, there was a Sonic Blue 04 Mustang behind us. I now see why he doesn't want to race from a roll. That car, 1 week ago, beat me by 2 cars, after beating me out of the hole by about 8. He tried to keep up with the turbo 4-bangers tonight, with no such luck. When we returned to rendesvous point, all he said was: "Damn! Those cars pull hard!" But he'll have the last laugh, I'm sure. He'll be present tomorrow, with 315/35-17 Drag radials ready to laugh me out of the dig. C'est la vie!
SCCA Stang
Also, when the SRT-4 and I had our perfectly legal contest of acceleration, there was a Sonic Blue 04 Mustang behind us.

perfectly legal, eh...... oh, I get it you rented a drag facility in Colorado biggthumpup.gif biggthumpup.gif biggthumpup.gif

Good Kill!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.