Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some recent activity
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
awd4kicks
Bizaro of my daily driven DSM...

After a little get together outside of Nebraska I was headed onto the express way. Low and behold a similar looking DSM was rolling hard right behind me. I proceeded onto the ramp with my foot a little deeper into the fuel, but kept things from turning into an understeer initiated ditch run. As I straightened the FWD out I unwound the 14b turbo through second and most of third gear with the other DSM licking his chops right on my can. I couldn't gain an inch so I let off a little to stay safe around the curve onto the expressway... Then it was on like Donkey Kong! I mashed the go pedal for all it had in third as I seen the other DSM's headlights pick-up and slide out the left side of my rear view. I knew he was coming around, but all I could do was grab forth and hope the little turbo would keep pulling. Without much hesitation I got a glimpse of my opponent. I could see it was AWD which is normally slower than FWD on a roll. That dude must be running a 20g I thought to my self as he pulled away accellerating at least 10mph faster than I could muster. By the time I topped out 4th I was a good 2-3 cars behind. His brake lights lit up the night air around his car and I slid back up next to him with a thumbs up. That was some good adrenalyn I had not felt in a while! A few more spirited pulls were made, but in comparison to this guys AWD and power I could only hang by a thread in the corners and nothing more.

Loud Dodge trucks...

On my way to work the other morning I found myself at a stop light with the headlights of a newer Dodge truck right behind me. I pulled away as the light turned green with the well known agility of the 4G63T. I kept the pace at a moderate speed just over normal though. The truck aparently felt this was inadequate seeing how he was still right on my rear bumper. With all other cars well behind us I see this guy slide into the fast lane and I hear this healthy V8 yelling as he flew by. I sat at my current speed remembering this particular truck I have seen many times tearing down P. Parkway and Universtiy with his exhaust screaming at speeds about one and a half times the speed limit. Regaining current concious thought, I thought 'Oh Hell No', this guys getting a little taste of speed the way a DSM does it. I grabbed a hand full of gear and mixed it with some pedal pressure to find him right back in front of me. I followed him through a right hand 90 and laid into it from second and into third catching up and pulling next to him before I pulled back and fell in behind. A few more jabs of the throttle for a hint of intimidation and this guy never went more than 5mph over the normal limit the entire way. It was hilarious! Originally I assumed this truck to be a 'HEMI' the way he drove it, but upon closer inspection it appears to be a normal Dodge Ram 4x4 with the big chrome stock wheels and an after market exhaust. Too funny.
JBone
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Dec 4 2004, 08:27 PM)
...but kept things from turning into an understeer initiated ditch run.

ROTFLMAO laugh.gif

biggthumpup.gif
natedogg
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Dec 4 2004, 08:27 PM)
...but kept things from turning into an understeer initiated ditch run.

The would-be third one of the night among us masterful DSM pilots?
xian 1g
you crazy high rolln' p-towners r sum suns uh biches
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.