Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Two N/A 1Gb Cars
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Cars-FS
turbohcar
These two cars have been at work for awhile now. More than anything, they'd be good for body parts or daily drivers. They are both 92 cars and have full interiors. They are kind of dirty on the inside but nothing Mom can't clean up.

92 Mitsubishi Eclipse Blue FWD 2.0L N/A Auto trans
Transmission is gone, engine is fine. Body is perfect, interior is a little dirty.
$400-500 and I'll tow it to my house if you like.
92 Eclipse

92 Plymouth Laser FWD Red 1.8L N/A Auto trans
Head gasket blew. Head needs decked and new head gasket put on. Body is perfect, interior is dirty. $100 and I'll tow it to my house if you like.
92 Laser
akamiami
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Jan 19 2005, 01:15 AM)
I'll tow it to my house if you like.

huh.gif
turbohcar
Sorry, I should have explained more but I was strapped for time when I wrote it. These two are at work. I don't actually own them, they're just sitting out back of the dealership. The blue one, I'm tempted to pull the motor and sell it to my parts distributor. If anyone wants parts off of one (as long as you would pay for the car and a little for gas) I'd be glad to tow it to my place (which is closer to Bloomington and more suitable for transactions) if you like. If I do decide to pull the motor on the blue one, any of it's parts would be for sale too. So, if you want any body/interior parts or need a daily driver and wouldn't mind a little work, this is what you're looking for.
90GSX
Damn if my motor on my GSX didnt need redone i would scoop up that laser so i can do a 1Ga to 1Gb conversion really cheaply. Have you thought about putting the tranny out of the laser and into the eclipse and selling it, probably would double your money if someone wanted to do the work.

For a cheap DD, the laser would be a steal, i had my 1.8 head decked cleaned and new valve guides and a new gasket all done for about 150 bucks, doing the work myself of course. I will keep my eye out for anyone interested.
turbohcar
I've thought about the tranny swap and the 1Gb conversion too. Right now, I've got plenty on my plate and don't really need something else. I'd have someone else pull the motor if I was going to do it that way. I just don't have time for all of it right now.
hysch
You guys that are close should snag the laser. For the price of a cheap head gasket set
and an afternoon you would have a running car that you should have no problem sending down the road for $500+. It's been my experience on the 1.8's that the head is ok, just slap a new gasket on and you're running for cheap.
Max Diesel
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Jan 18 2005, 07:15 PM)
These two cars have been at work for awhile now. More than anything, they'd be good for body parts or daily drivers. They are both 92 cars and have full interiors. They are kind of dirty on the inside but nothing Mom can't clean up.

92 Mitsubishi Eclipse Blue FWD 2.0L N/A Auto trans
Transmission is gone, engine is fine. Body is perfect, interior is a little dirty.
$400-500 and I'll tow it to my house if you like.
92 Eclipse

92 Plymouth Laser FWD Red 1.8L N/A Auto trans
Head gasket blew. Head needs decked and new head gasket put on. Body is perfect, interior is dirty. $100 and I'll tow it to my house if you like.
92 Laser

PM sent!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.