Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 90 Laser RS Turbo
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Cars-FS
The Iron Goat
This is my old DD that quit working on me. It doesnt want to start, and I think it's a bad ECU. Other than that, the car ran fine.
Has new rotors/calipers in front. Rear brake setup is only 3yrs (5k miles- i was in Iraq) old.
Power steering is out due to a small piece of pressure hose bursting- easily replaced.
Interior is very clean.
Engine only has 110k on it; wasn't burning oil or anything.
Turbo -14b- only has 80k (replaced at 30k by dealership).
Most of the body is in good condition.
The front clip is cracked in a few spots.
The hood has a large rust spot from engine fire.
Tires have plenty of tread.

Best offer takes it. A new ECU, and it just might start up for you to drive it home.
soccerdude61587
142.50 and a spicy chicken sandwich
AWD DSM 1
Aww hell soccerdude, even I can do better than that! biggrin.gif

Goat - Care to at least give a range you were thinking? I'm interested, but hate to spyball you.
turbohcar
Is the no start condition part of the engine fire? or has everything been fixed since then?
ICGerms
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Feb 10 2005, 07:37 AM)
...part of the engine fire...

blink.gif
The Iron Goat
Oh, come on. You know everyone has had an engine fire at one time or another, Germs. biggrin.gif

To answer the question about the fire and not starting: no, they are not related. I nursed it back to health after the fire, and it ran really well, but I got a CEL for the MAS that wouldn't leave even with a new MAS. I think the fire may have caused the start of the problems with the ECU, and now it has given up the ghost.

I'm actually wondering if this isn't worth hanging on to for a little while. My AWD is in need of an engine rebuild -among other things- and I may need some wheels for a bit while it's down. However, cash is king.

$142.50 and TWO spicy chicken sandwiches perhaps........

I'd like to see at least $400-500 out of it. Someone could make that much parting it out easily.
AWD DSM 1
PM Sent!
MidwestDSM
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Feb 10 2005, 07:37 AM)
hehehe. Spyballin

hahaha I coined that word too biatch
ICGerms
QUOTE (The Iron Goat @ Feb 10 2005, 08:44 AM)
Oh, come on. You know everyone has had an engine fire at one time or another, Germs. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I s'pose that's true. Except mine was in a '81 Mercury Capri tongue.gif
Cyclone93
whats ur bottom dollar
ICGerms
You ever get those pics taken?
The Iron Goat
And........SOLD to AWD DSM 1!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.