Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smacked around by some MOPOWAR
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
smrtkd69
laugh.gif on my way back home from a cruise out of town. i am suddenly graced by a bright blue car riding my ass. i couldn't make out what it was for the life of me (tints, and wiggly sideviews) until it went to pass. it was none other than that force fed 2.4 srt4. i honestly had never played around with one and thought "not a chance in your fairy neon" BOY was i wrong dry.gif ! i ate his dust. TWICE. because i was not man enough to sit back and let him take me, i tried to pass him (2 lane road) and downshift 3rd (55mph) hit it, slam 4th were even now. and he just flew back up in front of me blink.gif ! with ease. ive since realized i have a serious boost issue as i can barely hit 10lbs, with an mbc cranked all the way up. explain that. LOL. anyways word of wisdom to all the other stockers dont underestimate the new spiced up neon, they are wicked from a roll.
smrtkd69
i never thought of that, but it makes sense, thx spy. i just got this one not to long ago and havent had the time to go over it well. but i got a couple other good intercoolers. so ill toss one up and see if it helps.
JMoushon
As well as checking for boost leaks, check to see if the ball in your mbc has fallen inside the spring. Happened to me, tough to diagnose.

SRT4s are quick cars, but you should be able to beat one with a bit of boost and a good exhaust.
turbohcar
Test for boost leaks, intercooler leaks, and all the good stuff. You can seal up the leaks in the intercooler around the piping with some JB weld. If the leak is actually in the fins, you're going to need an aluminum welder and the price jumps considerably. Keep us up to date.
smrtkd69
i dont have a complex nice ball and sping mbc setup, i have the 3 dollar ace hardware special, but yeah ive seen that happen once before. i thought i was the only one. but i am going to swap intercoolers and check for boost leaks using the boost leak tester i made, (thx vfaq) as far as exhaust and that srt4, ill be waiting till i find a job.
smrtkd69
im fwd! i miss my all wheel.
smrtkd69
sending pm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.