Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Carbon Fiber hood
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Parts-FS
MidwestDSM
For sale is a carbon fiber hood for a 92-94 DSM. It is kinda jangled up a bit, and needs to be re-apoxied on the underside. I could do this for the buyer if he wished. Priced to move, $75 obo.
I am located in Normal, IL.

I will have pictures of the hood and damage up asap.
DSM5
I'm interested in this, very interested. What would be the price of fixing it? I also would like pics. Also I could do a local pick up very easily.

EDIT: Would I need hoodpins? Or is it OEM with the latch?
awdnot2
Do not use the OEM latch on anything other than the OEM hood.
MidwestDSM
QUOTE (DSM5 @ Mar 31 2005, 10:50 AM)
I'm interested in this, very interested. What would be the price of fixing it? I also would like pics. Also I could do a local pick up very easily.

EDIT: Would I need hoodpins? Or is it OEM with the latch?

It comes with hoodpins. I will post pics as soon as I can get a digital from one of my roomies to take them.
DSM5
Cool.
akamiami
Consider it sold. I can paypal you the money and pick it up next time I'm in the area. I really dislike the scoop on analube's cf hood.
DSM5
QUOTE (akamiami @ Apr 1 2005, 08:25 AM)
Consider it sold.  I can paypal you the money and pick it up next time I'm in the area.  I really dislike the scoop on analube's cf hood.

Hey buddy, I was here first. tongue.gif

As soon as I see that it will work fine and is in good enough condition, I have the cash, and the transportation to pick it up.
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (akamiami @ Apr 1 2005, 08:25 AM)
Consider it sold. I can paypal you the money and pick it up next time I'm in the area. I really dislike the scoop on analube's cf hood.

hey kris,

If you pick this up.... I would be interested in the one on analube. Let me know price.... I will pick it up while I am home on leave... If the PRRRIIICCCEEE IISS RRIIGGGHHHTTT !!!!!
MidwestDSM
hood is sold.
DSM5
QUOTE (MidwestDSM @ Apr 1 2005, 07:52 PM)
hood is sold.

To who?
SCCA Stang
hey kris,

did you buy this hood???

if so, I sent you a pm
akamiami
Yeah, I'm still waiting for a paypal address to send payment to. I'll most likely be keeping the current hood on analube too though. it's too beat for anyone but me to want, and that's coming from me, so you know it's got to be ugly.
eclipgst
hey **** hole that was my old hood and its not in that bad of shape.
DSM5
I want a CF hood, someone sell me one!
MidwestDSM
QUOTE (akamiami @ Apr 6 2005, 03:13 PM)
Yeah, I'm still waiting for a paypal address to send payment to.

PM sent
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (akamiami @ Apr 6 2005, 03:13 PM)
Yeah, I'm still waiting for a paypal address to send payment to. I'll most likely be keeping the current hood on analube too though. it's too beat for anyone but me to want, and that's coming from me, so you know it's got to be ugly.

Kris,

I have seen your hood.... It's not that bad... I would be willing to take it off your hands
akamiami
schweet

Dude, it's bad. It's got 4 hoodpins holding it on for one and I've been using it as a parking lot frisbee when I get bored. That hood has taken a severe beating over the past 6 months so if you haven't seen it since then I'd give up on it. Plus I'll keep it for a track only hood since it does serve a functional purpose. (siphoning the rainwater down into the engine bay to keep the manifolds cool)
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (akamiami @ Apr 7 2005, 10:18 PM)
schweet

Dude, it's bad. It's got 4 hoodpins holding it on for one and I've been using it as a parking lot frisbee when I get bored. That hood has taken a severe beating over the past 6 months so if you haven't seen it since then I'd give up on it. Plus I'll keep it for a track only hood since it does serve a functional purpose. (siphoning the rainwater down into the engine bay to keep the manifolds cool)

ok..... The last time I saw it was in september........I have not seen it since then...... Thanks for the advise.... I will find another one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.