Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running Down A Silver Bullet
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
Kazz5
spy - where the hell is your write-up? I've been waiting to read it all damned day.

Basically, this red demoncart comes screaming up, locking up its brakes trying to stop next to me at a stop... at the tree this morning - I'd made a quick run to the strip this am you see and this guy apparently had to.

Anyway, traffic being what it can be at the strip on an early morning it wasn't the fairest start on this first run but I believe I may have gotten a drop. The winter all-seasons still being on and little rubber on the strip there was some awd shriek and launch. Looked in my side view to find him. He stayed there 'til 3rd gear and was about to take me in 4th when ... um, the track ended - 1/8th mile track I guess.

We ran the loop 'round and got an almost-stopped start. Tremendous awd shriek and launch once more (Poor winter tires, dammit - although it all seemed to work well). This time he was in the other lane. I couldn't see the bastard 'til 'bout the end of third gear. Then in 4th he took me. That's that.

I'd shifted in the high 7s the first time and shifting is difficult at those Rs with my transmission for some reason so the second time it was around 7 or just over with better shifting results.

I understand that red beast has had some tuning since Marcus' last write-up but that's all I know. Mine's still awaiting 3"DP, test pipe and O2 housing - but she looks and drives faster w/the springs and sway. Time for some boost leak checks, etc as well. *Laugh*

Anyway, nice runs - better than any AM caffeine.

Now, for spy's write-up in his inimitable style...
akamiami
hahah - demoncart is right! and driven by the devil himself!
xian 1g
silver bullet and no mention of strippers, what the hell?
Kazz5
QUOTE (xian 1g @ Apr 27 2005, 04:23 PM)
silver bullet and no mention of strippers, what the hell?

I guess I'm not familiar with the Silver Bullet you're referring to - the demonspawn called my ride a silver bullet so I ripped off the reference. Trust me, if there were strippers involved and they weren't skanky like the ones at __________ and _________ and ________ I'd be the first to know!
xian 1g
kazz,
your a bloomington boy right? i met you once right? am i not on track here????

silver bullet is a champaign strip joint....

the war is on.

<cough charlie gross>
natedogg
Your big bad tuned, sprayed v8 want a piece of my little four-banger? How about my other little four-banger?
JMoushon
Or just his little banger?
akamiami
nah, the sedan definately isn't worth your time spy. It'll be a good while before that car deserves ANY respect for acceleration and by that time I'm sure you'll be looking more towards taking on aNAlUBé directly with dat der hopped up el-tee fo. nate and kazz are the kings of evo-land, no doubt.
Kazz5
My mouth only runs when the moronic run theirs in my direction or that of my front door.

And yes xian, Peoria. Everyone drop by and be bored to tears some time.

And thanks for the promise of the rematch spy. I suppose by the time I'm ready in a week to two it will only take another 2 months for you to be ready enough again? I understand the laughing gas is standard for you now, but it's odd I didn't see you until you had it installed oh hiding-in-the-weeds-san... how long did you camp right there hoping I'd pass by on my morning jaunt? *Laugh*

j/k - I love you man!
natedogg
QUOTE (JMoushon @ Apr 28 2005, 06:48 AM)
Or just his little banger?

Ahh yes, my lawn mower, or grass cutter, or bush trimmer as some may say. Thank you, grasshopper. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.