Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 91 talon tsi awd
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Cars-FS
TURBOWHT

I am wanting 4500 FIRM. this is a steal. i have over 7000 in the car. ready to start a new project, and will be going to college.

I am selling my 91 talon tsi awd. I have tons of mods done, and im getting ready to go to college and am wanting to start a new project.
mods are.

* 6 bolt motor, 4 bolt rear end
* ams rebuilt tranny.
* 4 spyder center diff.\
* garrett to4E 6o trim, 100 miles on turbo.
* fp 2 cams
* internally gated
* sbr ported manifold, 200 miles.
* thermal 3 inch exhaust
* 3 inch downpipe
* starion FMIC
* hardpiping
* greddy type s bov
* act 2600 clutch
* fidanza flywheel.
* 2g mass air flow sensor.
* extreme motorsports air filter
* 680cc nippon denso injectors
* aeromotive fpr, stainless steal lines.
* eprom ecu, with stage 3 chip from keydiver. 5500 2 step etc, etc
* boost gauge and egt gauge
* s-afc 1
* hks type 0 turbo timer.
* 2g shift knob.
* new timing belt
* new timing belt tensioner
* water pump
* walbro 255 fuel pump( rewired)
* balance shafts eliminated
* slimline fan.
* egr blocked off

* all emblems have been taken off, really clean car.
*oil changes and fluids. i have always ran mobil1 10w-30.

now the not so good, the ac has been removed. and does have some rust on the drivers side quarter panel. and the hood has been primered black because it was fadded and scratched.

Im probably forgetting stuff, if i think of anything else i will add it. I also have pics of it, if you are serious and have money email me, if not dont waste my time. thank you derek
dstock22
Where is this car located, and what are you wanting to get for it. You have two different prices listed... $4,500 and $5,500.
dstock22
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Jun 8 2005, 02:48 PM)
not really a car for a beginner. No offense to either partys, but I have seen time and time again, individuals who buy certified rockets like this, getting WAY over their heads and selling it after they break it.

The price is 4500, its an absolute steal.
Just dont plan on not ever having to touch it.

If you are truely ready for, a the power and b the time to maintain her... I say go for it.

Hahaha, what would I do without you Spy. I'm guessing really the best car for me to get as a beginner to add onto and learn with would be that '90 GSX huh...
TURBOWHT
sorry, i was wanting 4500 for the car, i copied and pasted it from along time ago, and forgot to delete the old price.

as for the car, i really love it, super fast car. have so much time and money into it. i really dont want to get rid of it, but its really becoming to the point where its not my daily driver anymore. and i cant just keep it for a weekend worrior. im going to be starting college soon, im going to have to pay insuance for it, and its kinda stupid when you dont drive it. and will not have time or the money to keep it going.

as far as parting out, do you think i should. just put everything back to stock, then sell it cheap?
TURBOWHT
thanks spy. You really got me thinking. I could buy a beater then keep saving my money and put into the beast.
TURBOWHT
thats ok, i need to get one of my cars running, the car i drive now is a 89 the car that we shall not name accord, its a pile clutch slipps bad.

i need to get a motor for my 92 hatch so i can drive that thing around.
NOMIEZVR4
is this car still for sale?
turbohcar
If you need a motor for that hatch give me some specs and I'll see if I can find one. BTW, that is a steal for the 95 S10. Get rid of the 89 pile-o-crap and buy the truck. Good on gas mileage and still have plenty of room for a couple engine blocks in the back.
TURBOWHT
its a 5 speed 92 civic. i would like to just find a cheap d15 for it.

and no the car isnt for sale. I have came to the conclusion to keep it.
zishanmalik
As much as I respect Spyonu2007 opinion and more important his descriptive essays about street racing. ** You've got a gift in writing and should send your work to some magazines. I think SCC is hiring. **

And I think TURBOWHT put it best when he said "and will not have time or the money to keep it going."

With DSM's this is the reality of the situation. THINGS BREAK CONSISTENTLY and it takes a toll on the mind. How could someone expect to concentrate on anything when your DSM has a got a serious issue? Its great when the cars are running right, your running awesome 60ft. times wiping the floor with the competition, but where do you stand when something breaks?

SO WHY NOT GET OUT OF THE GAME WHILE YOUR AHEAD? Go on ebay and you can find plenty of people with DSM's that are modded and need new motors or something catastrophic enough to make them throw in the towel.

In the world of fast cars there are three factors. CHEAP, RELIABILITY, AND PRICE. Pick any two, but you cant have the third.

IF its cheap and FAST, its not REIABLE <<< WELCOME TO THE DSM
IF it fast and reliable its not CHEAP
If it reliable and CHEAP its not FAST

Its a fricken disaster, you begin to hate the car and when you dont have the money on hand to get it fixed, you wish it was gone. That time before its fixed, is similar to the depression in alcholic faces. I never owned a DSM, but I have friends who have owned so many, and thats why I waited till my pockets are ready. I am know in the market for a DSM.

BUT,..... thats because I just finished school and am looking to get a job where I can afford to maintain a DSM.

I know a threw you an offer about your DSM and this is not a ploy to get you to sell it again, this is sincere advise to a fellow a DSM enthusiast. Even if you decide to sell, I am already reconsidering my offer and going with one left stock and building it myself. Rather than one that has had its abuse at the strip/street, (not to say yours was).

I started this article desagreeing with Spyonu's latest opinion, but i am ending this with agreeing with one of his statements

Just dont plan on not ever having to touch it.

"If you are truely ready for, a the power and b the time to maintain her... I say go for it. "

again this is ONLY my opinion and I only ment it as sincere advise. SO if I said anything good its from God, and If I said anything bad its from myself, and I apologize.

CAN you afford to pay to play? .... ** financially and mentally **

Good Luck with whatever decision you decide to make. smile.gif
TURBOWHT
first of all i would like to thank spy for helping me decide to keep it. I think i would or really regretted it.

second, I know what owning a dsm is all about. i have had many maintence problems with mine, and its not going to get any better im sure. both of my brothers have had dsm's one made 550 hp and the other making 607, both without nitrous. So i know what happends. They both, got out of the car scene, and now have othe bills to pay and married and blah blah.

The only reason, i was thinking about getting rid of my car was because i just didnt have a daily driver and wasnt sure if i should keep going with the dsm. knowing that it would take tons of money to get somethign else to where my talon is right now would be nuts. so im just going to find a motor for my daily driver and get it going, then use my talon for a weekend worrior.
Max Diesel
QUOTE (TURBOWHT @ Jun 26 2005, 10:07 AM)
...got out of the car scene, and now have other bills to pay and married and blah blah.

Words I live by.

Glad you decided to keep it. If you want an AWD DSM DD I have my Talon for Sale. $2200! Don't need it now that I have my family car! rolleyes.gif
zishanmalik
If you want an AWD DSM DD I have my Talon for Sale. $2200! Don't need it now that I have my family car! rolleyes.gif

ROFL. MAX Diesel I emailed you about your car and you didn't reply back I figured someone had convinced you not to sell too ....j/k smile.gif

I am intrested in coming out to see your car.

Here is my contact info:
Zishan Malik
ZishanMalik1@yahoo.com

Give me a call or drop me an email.

On Another note, TURBOWHT, I hear where your coming from and good luck.
TURBOWHT
i want to make a 10 second pass by next summer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.