Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of the best DSM kill stories from the archives
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
awd4kicks
I rediscovered this story that I had read when I first found the chicago dsm yahoo.group which was known as egroups back in 2000. This story may or may not be true, but the detail and possibilities are intense and it reads just as awesome now as it did then.

Enjoy!

Date: Sun Oct 8, 2000 8:45 pm
Subject: Warstory: Sold my Soul - long eclipsegsx101@...
Send Email

I don’t usually write warstories because I don’t think everyone wants to read about me putting a the car that we shall not name to shame every time that happens, but this one is worth a mention. =)

All the hustle and bustle of LA life can sometimes get to you. More often than not, every little detail turns into such a competition. Competing for your parking spot, for a table at your favorite restaurant, for a promotion, and for that appealing blonde’s attention in the apartment across the way. But a little competition every once in a while is not necessarily a bad thing.

Saturday night driving along Pacific Coast Highway in California, you are bound to see some exotics. You’re likely to see a Ferrari, a couple Vipers, and a Porshe or ten as you make your way down the coast. Around 10pm the weather is feeling fair at 60 degrees. The A’PEXi front mount intercooler is loving it as we haven’t had very much cool weather here yet. My friend Luis and I are rolling in my 98 Eclipse GSX along the stretch of PCH between Newport Beach and Laguna Beach. It’s guys night out and we’re looking to do some beaver hunting. =P

While driving by the various clubs and bars, something draws my eyes ahead as traffic slows a bit. Parallel parked in front of a busy club there is a black car that is sticking out into traffic a little. “Great another idiot who can’t parallel park is slowing down traffic.” I can tell it is slammed - completely laid out, as the top of the car sits only about 3 ½ feet off the ground. Get a little closer... looks like a Lamborghini of some kind. Now I can see the placards on the back. That would be a Lamborghini Diablo VT to be exact - the 490hp V12 AWD version. It looks maybe a couple years old - a pre ‘99. My car has a 2” drop and I tower over it like I’m in an SUV.

As I slowly creep up along side the parked car, the pilot revs the engine. My buddy turns to me looking confused, as if to say, “Did he just do what I think he did?” So I speak up, “OK. Was I just revved on by a Lamborghini?” “Sure sounded like it... but I doubt it was meant for you.” I look into my rearview and the Diablo headlights pop up as he slips into traffic two cars back. Now my friend tells me, “Uh, that Diablo looks like he’s coming after you.” “Nah, there is no way he wants to race his $300,000 car against a 4 cylinder,” I assume as I feel a little uneasy. “Say, Luis... what does ‘Diablo’ mean again?” “It means ‘Devil’.” All right, now I feel much better.

A mile down the road, traffic clears and we are out of the city. The Diablo pulls up next to me in the right lane and gives the throttle a couple quick stabs. My heart stops. I have one of the world’s most powerful and exotic cars looking to race me. So WTF am I supposed to do here? That is damn skippy... for the name of DSM’s everywhere I attempt to break him off something awful. I stand on the gas and go for it. In unison, he does the same. From 35-65... staying with him... 65-80 getting pulled... 80-100 OK it’s all over. He got me. “Don’t feel bad man,” Luis is quick to console, “it’s a freakin Lam-Bor-Ghin-I.” “Bah! I’m only boosting 15psi ya sissy! I’ve got plenty left in this car.” Luis shakes his head from side to side, but holds on because he knows what I’m about to do.

We slow down for some twisties in the road. Perfect chance to crank it up to 20psi and set the AFC accordingly. After all, I do still have some VP C-10 race gas in the tank from the night before. The highway straightens out and I spool the 16G, reach back, and pimp slap the Diablo with the sounds of 20psi flowing through the BOV. He takes the bait and guns it. I go WOT and my car springs forward. We square off again from 35 on up to 100 this time with me gaining a car length gap on him. Wooo-haaa! The adrenaline is about to ooze out every orphus of my body.

We slow down and come upon the holy grail of AWD racers - a red light. Irritated at the fact that he just got pulled, he revs wildly at the light as he knows his 0-60 is nothing less than utterly devastating... but the sad thing is he doesn’t know mine is too. I think to myself could this get any better? Running a Lamborghini out on the coast of California with the ocean viewed distance, the moon out, and now I’m about to test the ol’ AWD out on this sumb*tch? Life is good. Luis pins his head against the headrest. I bring the revs up and the light goes green. My tires chirp ever so slightly as they put the asphalt in a roman-grecko-knuckle-lock. I hear his 335 size tires bite immediately as he scrambles along side of me. Our two cars roared at one another as we tore down the road. Just a few seconds later I’ve got at least a car length on him when he gives up at about 75mph and decides to distance himself a few cars back. I slow down to the speed limit and he still stays back. Obviously he’s not a gluten for punishment and he now knows his place. He doesn’t want to race anymore, and that’s cool with me because my leg won’t stop shaking.

A couple more miles go by and we come up to Laguna Beach. As we get back into the city traffic thickens and he falls back a dozen or more cars. I get ready to make a left turn and wait for a clearing in oncoming traffic to do so. As he goes by and I’m making my turn, he lets off a couple clean snarls of the V12. <Sigh>, parting is such sweet sorrow. Just another one of LA’s competitions at its best, I
suppose.

TJ
SoCal-DSM
The Iron Goat
It certainly gives someone that's down-and-out some much needed inspiration. wink.gif
haunter
new panties please
dstock22
Awesome. Very, very nice write up.
NOMIEZVR4
great story..but I think spy can do better..wink.gif

Nomie
TotalEclipse97
even though the mitsu won at the red light....i'd take a Diablo over a mitsu....just for kicks 'n grins
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (TotalEclipse97 @ Jul 10 2005, 07:59 AM)
even though the mitsu won at the red light....i'd take a Diablo over a mitsu....just for kicks 'n grins

I agree whole heartedly, but beating someone's $300,000 Diablo with a car 1/100th it's price is something that DSM's are best at.

Great write up.... props. biggthumpup.gif biggthumpup.gif biggthumpup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.