Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 66 chevy whole or in parts
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Cars-FS
TotalEclipse97
hey folks...when i was 15 i bought a 66 chevelle that need alot more work than i knew or will ever know how to do. basically it has sat in my garage for 5years. anyways i'm getting sick of seeing a failed project so i'm parting it out or selling the whole thing. basically i don't want it on my hands....i'm about ready to pay someone to junk it for me.

anyways...number one thing that's actually valuable is the 283 with trans or whatever...make me an offer. i doubt highly that i'll refuse it.

tell your friends, anyone that knows how to weld...anybody please...it's killing me

hit the cell 217-493-1705 for any questions, suggestions whatever
AWD DSM 1
How much work does it need (I'm guessing a LOT)? Pics?
badbu68
Want to trade for another dsm? What kind of condition is it in? 66 chevelles are my next in line after the 68.
scorp28
Just a little info for those of you that are not V-8 guys. 283's are virtually bulletproof. I had one many moons ago i a 79 Monte Carlo that was constantly driven hard and put away wet, and never had a problem with the motor itself. Many times it was driven with no radiator fan running due to throwing the belt. Basically it would eventually overheat and shut down. I would let it cool down, fix the belt and it would be good as new. When I finally got sick of throwing belts I sold it to a friend of mine and he fixed the belt problem threw it in a 66 stepside truck and the thing would light up the super 60's with a C-6 t ranny sitting in the bed. by the time he sold his truck the motor had about 65,000 miles on the rebuild and about 170,000 miles total on the block and crank and still ran as strong as brand new. Basically it was the most reliable engine that I ever owned.

Wish I had the money to buy it.
SCCA Stang
you have a pm
TotalEclipse97
my scanner broke down so i'll scan 'em at work tomorrow (friday).

mental image:

it's a 4 door (turn off)
interior is gutted
i have all brand new parts for all interior
bench seats are in remarkable condition
car hasn't started in 4 years
no power steering
trunk rusted out
new trunk pans (light surface rust)
typical rust for a 40yr old car...nothing that some bondo/fiberglass couldn't fix
if you're a real enthusiast...turning it into a 2 door wouldn't be the hardest hting in the world if you knew how to weld
TotalEclipse97

here she is....i've got a ton more pictures but my scanner is still down. i'm going to turkey run for the weekend but tuesday i'll deff. have more pics (interior or lack there of) (engine bay) all the good stuff.
TotalEclipse97
got someone comming by to pick it up in a week...sorry...unless he bails it's off the market
awd4kicks
Congrats! Sorry the 4-door thing killed it for me.
TotalEclipse97
odd....it almost killed me too ahah
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.