Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a sensor
DSMCentral > Classifieds > WTB / GB
90GSX
I cannot figure out what it exactly does. The coolent system has 3 sensors on it (1 turn on fans, 2 gauge, 3??????) and ive gone to autoparts stores and i can find 2, one on the radiator, and the lower thermostat housing, but not the upper thermostat housing which is what i need. Went to the chrysler dealer and they cant get the right one either (they order mitsu parts) and was told they arent dealing with me anymore cause they are stuck with 2 sensors that arent right and that ive got a mitsubishi. Pisses me off cause if i line up an eagle talon and plymouth laser right next to it and popped the hood, they are all identical with identical parts. So needless to say when it comes time for me to buy a new car, im not gonna deal with them either.

But anyway, does anyone out there have a used sensor that i can buy off them? I hope they are the same through all the years, and my 90 just isnt an oddball on it. It screws in right next to the upper radiator hose on the thermostat housing, before the thermostat. Mine HAD a white plastic connector on it, and the "probe" to it had 2 steps if you can picture what i mean by that. The radiator sensor has 3, and the other sensor just has a 1 size probe to it. I can try to snap a picture of whats left of it tomorrow if anyone needs to see what im talking about. Thanks

Jason
wortdog
Actually, there are four temp sensors in a 1G. One for the gauge(lower T-stat housing), one for the ECU(lower T-stat housing), one for the fans(in the radiator), and one for the A/C system(upper T-stat housing).
90GSX
so i guess i need the one for the ac system?????
wortdog
Yeah, the A/C won't work unless this is plugged in.
KOU In3
Is this the sensor you're looking for?

Sensor

Can't seem to link the pic directly using the 'IMG' button. Sorry 'bout that.
90GSX
it says i dont have permission to access the page
Taxiwardance
If your talking of the white connector that screws in next to the upper hose on the neck i have a few laying around. You can have one if you need it. Where do you live at? Send me a PM.
Taxiwardance
It would be the only connector on #5 in this Picture
90GSX
Travis that is exactly what i need!!! Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.