Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $$$$$$$$$$
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
mitsu90
another great kill

your stories are the best but you been slacking this summer not as many as usual
akamiami
Like the kill. It's the best when you beat a 'new' car I've always thought.

However, you just think making a dsm fast is easy becuase that's what you're familiar with. If you'd been into modding v8's for as long, you'd likely be scratching your head about how those damn 4 cyls can keep up. Modding every car takes time, patience, money, and knowledge. Or in Marcus' case, you can give a lot of all those ingredients and still have nothing to show for it wink.gif
JBone
QUOTE (akamiami @ Sep 7 2005, 05:00 PM)
Or in Marcus' case, you can give a lot of all those ingredients and still have nothing to show for it wink.gif

OH SNAP!!
dstock22
Another well written kill story. Great as always.
awd4kicks
True Dat Kriss! wink.gif Good or bad, I've never dipped into the credit to keep my DSM rolling. I drive em hard without the money to recooperate quickly. rolleyes.gif

BTW: excellent story ...better biggining than ever too. Interestingly I've always felt it was far easier to make mediocre power with the V8 platform. Or maybe easier could be redefined as the well known mainstream way of doing things. I also believe what is considered a medeocre power level in a DSM is far more than that considered medeocre in a V8. SOOO MANY 14 and 15second V8's it's refreshing to find fast ones! biggthumpup.gif
NOMIEZVR4
amazing! absolutly stunning....your stories are the BEST! Keep em coming..you have great talent for writing these things!

Nomie
awd4kicks
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Sep 8 2005, 04:10 AM)
Im still trying to figure out what exactly you just said ODT.

Too many adjetives in a row I suppose.

On average a lightly modified V8 running around central Illinois will lay down quarter mile times in the 13-15 second range. From my experience lightly modified DSM's in the same area will ring up numbers between 13-14 seconds. Not much you say, unless your the one behind! wink.gif With that said I have to agree the 90% win ratio for DSM's has got to be close.

Heck I don't remember loosing to any V8 from a standing start on the street. Any that did get by me, I was able to beat down more. Well I did loose to a Late model Cobra in the last part of a race (once). To think about it I don't think I've lost to any non V8's from a standing start save for a select few. Kris' lightened, big 16g AWD, The white checkered 3000GT, and a Honda CBR600. Sure I never picked on anything too stupid fast. biggthumpup.gif

Dig?
The Iron Goat
Great story....I think. I kind of passed out midway due to the enormous length of the post. Well, that, and I kind of got "excited" and that obviously caused severe blood loss to my brain. blink.gif You get the point.

Taking down an Fbody is something I've always enjoyed. I was talking to a buddy of mine that used to run demo derbies about my car. I was showing him this or that, and then the other thing. Says he, "That's all too complicated for me. I like to keep things simple with engines. I get confused with all that other stuff."

Now this statement may seem to be true if you didn't know this man, but I do. Says I, "WTF are you talking about, Bill? You're an A&P mechanic, and you've worked on turbine engines for the last 10 years!! How can this crap confuse you?"

And such is the case with many old school V8 boys I've ran into. The systems on our cars aren't that complicated, they're just different, and I think that tends to scare folks a litte. Just like any form of change. Well, I don't know how the hell I got on this tangent, but I think the main reason that people have been able to acheive things like 300whp with a 4banger is acceptance and flexibility. Lots of guys talked so much smack about the SRT-4 saying "It's still a Neon." True, but an incredibly adept Neon able to produce an obscene amount of power. We must stay open to change, and learn to embrace the new trends.

Um.........boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies,boobi
es,boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies,
boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies,boobies!!!!!!!!!!
turbohcar
I don't like just any boobies, I like the big, juicy, perky boobies!

Fun with big boobies!
The Iron Goat
Sorry about that. I had gotten so far off topic, I short-circuited into default man mode. Please, proceed.
JBone
QUOTE (The Iron Goat @ Sep 8 2005, 03:03 PM)
...and you've worked on turbine engines for the last 10 years!! How can this crap confuse you?"

And such is the case with many old school V8 boys I've ran into.

I echo that. I was watching an episode of Monster Garage last week. The midget team was taking a Huyabusa motor and putting in the smallest production car built (some car from England). Well, they also decided to turbo it with a GT35 turbo!!!

Only problem was that they didn't know how ANYTHING worked with a turbo. They were so scared of it.

Here's the kicker... so was the 'Great' Jesse James.

I thought WTF? It's so simple. Have I progressed that far in my knowledge that I know more in this field than others who have been around the shop WAAY more than me?

Sorry, I think I am contributing to the digression to another topic on this thread.

BOOBIES, BOOBIES, BOOBIES, TITTIES!!! WOO HOO!!!! I LOVE COLLEGE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR!!!!!
natedogg
QUOTE (JBone @ Sep 8 2005, 06:24 PM)
I thought WTF? It's so simple. Have I progressed that far in my knowledge that I know more in this field than others who have been around the shop WAAY more than me?

Doubtful. tongue.gif
haunter
Jesse James is mostly a motorcycle guy as far as building goes I thought, and he bought his fast cars............

bu tI may be worng, even so his one badass car is a big torquey V8
JBone
QUOTE (natedogg @ Sep 9 2005, 11:06 AM)
Doubtful. tongue.gif

You're so kind, Nate.

DICK
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Sep 8 2005, 06:48 PM)
Wow.... boobies for everyone...

( o Y o ) ( o Y o )( o Y o ) ( o Y o )( o Y o ) ( o Y o )( o Y o ) ( o Y o )( o Y o )

thanks spy, I like-a-da-boobies!!!!!!!!! biggthumpup.gif biggthumpup.gif biggthumpup.gif
AWD DSM 1
Boobies rock... biggthumpup.gif

until they sag.... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.