Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moooooo....
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
turbohcar
Well, I'm not sure this is what you're expecting from a "kill" story and thank God it doesn't have anything to do with a DSM but, oh well.

Driving home in the S10 from the old lady's house last night, I was thinking through the fight we had just had. I said some things that I didn't mean.... some that I did. Overall, just a crappy night. Came up to a stopsign about 1AM on a road that usually doesn't have any traffic this time of night. Last night was different. Up ahead I could see that there was a vehicle with it's hazards on in the middle of the road. Another car behind it was turning around in the nearest driveway and coming back towards me to the stop sign. I thought someone had been in a wreck or a car was broken down in the middle of the road. I disregarded it as nothing and turned left, instead of my normal route, and thought I'd go around it and forget about it. Driving down the detour, I noticed a car ahead of me with one headlight out. Again, I disregarded it as normal, clicked my dims on and kept going. Just as I passed the pididdle, I noticed a large black object in my path. Literally, less than a half second later I realized what it was. Here was an oversized Angus calf walking down the middle of Route 9 straight at me. In that split second I did my best to haul the Slut10 down from a 55mph boogie to zero in about a 15 foot space. Needless to say, S10: 1 Angus Cow: 0. Mind you, the truck has an exceptional ABS system on it and I still managed to apply enough pressure to lock 'em up from the time I stepped on it to the time I came to a stop. Lucky for me, I was unhurt, the air bags didn't blow, and it's just the truck that's really REALLY F'cked up. The cow however, was 50 feet across the road from where the truck came to rest and I'm sure, was ground beef. Looking back on it now, I'm very lucky that I wasn't in the Talon. Had I been in a DSM, I'd be in the hospital right now. I thought I'd share my heartache for my daily driver as I only have liability on it and I'm afraid it's going to the scrap heap. Laugh all you want but, it was like hitting a brick wall, but nothing a call to the girlfriend and a change of pants couldn't fix.
turbohcar
BTW, this likely means the Talon will become my daily driver...VERY soon. I don't like the idea of not having a backup, but it's all that I've got for now and being as close as it is, it's silly not to.
soccerdude61587
sucks to hear man. Atleast you're okay. Just keep your out for something cheap that needs fixed to have as a DD.
Taxiwardance
Damn, country living! wacko.gif Good to hear your Alright though. Hope to see that ride of yours on the road soon. Let me know if you need any help
93Cobra
what year s-10 you have and is there anything wrong with the motor
JBone
Hopefully you got a free side of beef. Sorry to hear though. If you are looking to make some money on the pickup, I have a 98 s dime that I have been looking for stock ZQ8 rims for. I am looking for the rims from the '95-98 era. If you got em, then you might have some money waiting for you.
mitsu90
ohmy.gif wow that sux ass glad your not hurt.

here is a smiley for ya tongue.gif
turbohcar
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Sep 11 2005, 08:28 PM)
Hope you and the misses work it all out, if not...

We've already worked it all out Dan, sorry bud.

Well, it's a 98 S10 5spd with a 2.2L in it. I'm not totally sure what's going to happen to it right now as I'm waiting for the farmer's insurance adjuster to call me back and let me know if I'm covered under their insurance. From what my insurance agent tells me (they're under the same company) their insurance should cover me. Fortunately, Bill Smith Auto Parts is a very giving company and they've offered me one of their service trucks to use until I get a working vehicle.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just thought it was quite fitting for my first post in the "kills" section. Hopefully there'll be one in there soon about a local T-Type Regal I've been wanting to match up with.
turbohcar
BTW, this means I'm looking for a car in the $4500 or less category. Something reliable, maybe like a 2G N/A Eclipse GS 5spd. And for those of you that are wondering, the truck does have the ZQ8 package with a factory 2inch drop, Camaro wheels, and a Camaro steering gearbox with 235/55/16inch newer Mastercraft tires I just put on last winter and a 3.73 rearend gear. It has the 2.2L motor in it and started after the accident. Brand new ceramic brake pads that stop you faster than a nun in bed with new rotors and packed wheel bearings. Oil always changed with 5w30 Valvoline and ACDelco filters since 80k (it's got 104k on it now).
turbohcar
Sorry guys, Country Companies just told me it's a STATE law that you cannot sell a vehicle less than 9yrs old back to the owner. It has to go to auction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.