Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $$$$$$$$$
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
mitsu90
thats some good shit. great read biggthumpup.gif
JBone
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Sep 21 2005, 08:00 PM)
... So bring out the gimp! The gimps sleeping.... Well I guess you better go wake him up then!

Wow. Are you using the Pulp Fiction reference to state you are about to be raped F(airy) Body boy?
akamiami
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Sep 21 2005, 07:00 PM)
The list of dsm's that I will be beat by is at 3... perhaps more....

I'll do my best to add 2 more to that list.
mitsu90
QUOTE (akamiami @ Sep 22 2005, 12:01 AM)
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Sep 21 2005, 07:00 PM)
The list of dsm's that I will be beat by is at 3... perhaps more....

I'll do my best to add 2 more to that list.

same here the A/T talon will put up a good fight come next summer
SCCA Stang
I just thought about what you ask spyman.

I would have to say that my personnal K2K ratio has definately changed over the years.
When I was younger and still in highschool. I was beating almost everyone I came up against. Those were the days that my 305 sbc powered S-10 pick-up truck tore up the local tracks. straight line only, that damn thing wouldn't turn worth a damn. the front tires were always trying to slide when turned to the left or to the right. and of coarse the inside tire was always hopping around corners. but put me on a straight path with a green light and you were at my mercy. K2K ratio probably at a fair 3:1 wins verses losses.

Then I picked up a 93 Sunbird that had unrealized potential in the eyes of the previous owner, who had removed the stock muffler and called it a day.
I proceded to follow through by undoing what the previous owner did then starting over. full custom exhaust, cam, fuel system, .30 over bored 3.1 V-6 from a Z-24 cav and a piggyback chip to sum it all up. this setup backed with a re-worked trani for those crisp shifts and a limited slip dif was a magical setup that installed fear even in the eyes of otherwise proud Z-28 and T/A owners. I tried not to tear them up too bad. I would have to say that my K2K ratio was somewhere near 4:1 wins verses losses.

I then dicked around with my dodge trucks, a V-6 and then an R/T with a 5.9 V-8.
the R/T was good at turning beautiful new rubber into plumes of my favorite white smoke, but fast, it was not. the only time I won a race in that was when I was racing a obviously slower car such as V-6 camaro's/mustangs and pickup trucks.
K2K ratio fell into a deficate of around 1:4 wins versus losses.

after that came the DSM.... the beauty of AWD (no pun inteded toward Subaru). I love that car. at first my K2K ratio sucked until I learned to launch an AWD. my most embaracing event when I tried to launch at 3,000 RPM, the car fell flat on it's face and stalled. by the time I got the thing re-fired. the Civic was almost to the next light. Then I went to a farm party and the spyman himself coached me some on a couple of tuning pulls. I won a couple that night, and I lost a couple. then as my AWD launch skills were honed my ratio climbed to a point that I never seemed to lose. I was always taking on Camaro Z-28's, Mustang GT's, C-4 Vettes, Mazda RX'7s, Mazda speed Protege's, and More Civics than you see at a Nopi or Sema show. Like I said it was like I couldn't lose. My trani eventually saw more 5-6000 RPM AWD launches than it could handle. after the transformation to the current Mutant GSX I seem to drive a bit more conservative and taking on more digs from a roll than a stop. My ratio has seemed to suffer some, but with my trani still surviving, it seems, at least at the moment, to be worth the sacrific of my ratio.
a list doesn't exist in what cars I have beaten or have been beat by, but my ratio guessing some where around 8 or 10:1

Porche Boxter S
MazdaSpeed Protege's
RX-7's
Camaro Z-28's
Camaro SS's
one particular 67 Camaro SS 350
Trans AM's
Civics, Civics and more Civics
Acura's by the ass-load
Cavaliers
a couple of unknown GS-T's
a Minnisotan EVO
Mustang GT's
a couple of unknown GSX's
a laser turbo FWD
a couple of assorted pick-up trucks including the Ford Lightning and an SRT 10 Truck, a couple of Dodge Dakota R/T's, and a Hemi powered Ram.
SRT 4's
WRX's
BMW's
and even one Minnesotan STi

have all fallen victim to the Mutant GSX's AWD spear through their fragile little ego's

Yes I have been beaten, but mostly due to end-user headspace and the occational 1st to 2nd gear miss.

That is all I have for now,
I am sure that the list given is missing a few titles, but that'l do for now.

Ben
natedogg
Looks like Spy's on percoset again.

J/K buddy, good read! Try as I may, I doubt I can live up to that paragraph. There's always something faster.
awd4kicks
Wow...Thanks for all the confidence Spy! Let's hope I can live up to some of it biggthumpup.gif

It's true I don't give up very easy, and the echoing emptiness of my bank account is a direct reflection of that. I am currently in the reassembly process on the old Talon and am shooting for an October 16th Vicary day attendance. It will more than likely be a test and tune-in the new system, rather than a dessimate-all kind of day. That is assuming all this goes together and stays together through the break in period. wink.gif

My set-up is designed for higher HP's than I have ever driven before. Still this horspower is a compromise in comparison to some other drag stars in our area. This is a purposfull design in the name of balance and all around performance.

There will still be plenty of faster cars than me. There is more power lurking around this corner of time than I am designing for. Heck I can't afford any more power and keep it balanced. We always say speed cost money... Well I found out after your ready to pony up for high HP, shortening your turbo's spool time is exponentially more expensive unless you accept less HP. I have compromised and we will see how that works.

Marcus
90GSX
Well in my first official race in the gsx a couple nights ago, my k2k is 0:1. Lost to a mid 90s camero. mad.gif But trying to stay conservative for my first 500 miles and not race it, i guess that idea didnt last long. I can probably blame the loss to inexperence, and the fact i still need to check base timing to make sure the CAS is where its supposed to be, a boost leak check, and for god sakes get around to installing my MBC, as soon as my new datalogger cable arrives. I bogged the launch from the get go, my size 13 x wide work boot didnt help matters any. And the fact he was long gone before i hit any boost anyway. I may need to come to the next meet and get some lessons on how to drive my car. biggthumpup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.