Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S4's back to life...
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
kapoosh
After spending the whole night trying to get the S to run well and more or less failing. I couldn't get the car to run right with any more than 14psi going at it. But being my last night in town i decided to cut her lose anyway smile.gif. I'll admit i was a little worried, making a show at the track with only 14 pounds of boost behind me could net me some pretty bad losses.....

As i pull into the lot i notice an array of mustangs and camaro's. I spend most of the night watching, debating if I should even try to run. Soon enough someone comes up and says the maroon 5.0 wants to run. I look over at it, looks decent, and sounds like it's going to rip my doors off.

Someone comes over and relays the message that car is capable of very low 12 second times. At that point i say what the hell, it might be embarrassing, but after all it IS my last night in town for a while.

We go out and line up with his passenger doing the count off. If you can call it that....it went more like 1...go. I'm in shock that these peope only count to 1 and not 3......His slick's grab hard....I launch hard knowing if i'm not ahead in 1st gear, i'll probably never be ahead. 1st gear i'm ahead a nose, I hit a perfect 2nd gear shift, look over and here a terrible noise as the mustang misses 2nd. He quickly gets it back in gear, but doesnt have enough power to close the gap...actually the exact opposite happens, i keep pulling. By about 120 i have atleast 4 cars on him.

At this point i'm happy and start to head back....but he has other ideas, he wants another try and boy does he look PO'd.

So i say my passenger will count off 1,2,3,go. He nods and gets set. After my many times here, i know to be very aware that i may get jumped off the line. So the count starts 1...2...3. and off he goes. I launch a split second after he takes off. 1st gear were dead even, shift to 2nd and his front bumper falls to my door, i shift to 3rd and pray i can hold on. 3rd gear he inches....but his front bumper is at my front fender.....hit 4th and I start to pull again and shut down a little over a 100.
So the S4 pulls through one more time.......

S4-2, 5.0- 0
mitsu90
nice biggthumpup.gif
akamiami
anytime a mustang loses to a turbo car it makes me smile. bravo!
kapoosh
yes sir.
kapoosh
sure did, thats why i was little worried when he looked PO'd smile.gif
kapoosh
Well theres 2 maroon 5.0's. One's REALLY fast, then there's this one, which i dont know much about....I will say i impressed myself though.

I can't wait till i get the boost turned up!
haunter
QUOTE (kapoosh @ Sep 26 2005, 03:47 PM)
Well theres 2 maroon 5.0's. One's REALLY fast, then there's this one, which i dont know much about....I will say i impressed myself though.

I can't wait till i get the boost turned up!

why so that she can break again biggrin.gif

just kidding, nice kill!
kapoosh
the car breaking was the best thing that could've happened to me! It should be pretty sturdy now....i've upgraded everything smile.gif
kapoosh
good to hear....i'll be back for more once i get the boost up and a decent tune.

Right now the car has
Slightly larger turbo's (stock housing, RS4 internals)
full exhaust
intake
RS4 clutch

Thats really it for the main stuff, small stuff here and there, but thats it.

Still not a rocket my any means, but definately quicker than it was.
awd4kicks
SCDC for short guys...and he better be there along with everyone else biggthumpup.gif
kapoosh
i should be there. I live in chicago now for school, but i'll try to make it back. I definately want to run it before years end.
Kazz5
Great job! I'm gonna have to get back to work on her it seems ... =)
kapoosh
my stories 150% accurate and i'll be back this weekend if he wants another shot....
kapoosh
and the 1st race is on video....
kapoosh
give me a date, friday or sat? I prefer saturday, but since people think i'm lying i'm sure i can find a way to make it either day.
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (kapoosh @ Oct 5 2005, 05:45 PM)
and the 1st race is on video....

is it in digital format, I wanna see the video, sounds like a real good race!!
kapoosh
I dont have it, a guy i know that has a supercharged cobra was taping most of the races and i know he sat on the side of the road and taped the 1st race. I watched it right afterwards. I can work on getting a copy of it when i'm back in town.
kapoosh
So i guess the part of the story i left out was...is that i let off because i was not comfortable at those speeds on that road. So technically the 2nd race was cut short because i shut down before he wanted too. Maybe he believes he would've pulled back and passed me, who knows...maybe he's right. I doubt it, but maybe.....
kapoosh
i've seen someone get a nice ticket on that road, i can't afford tickets anymore smile.gif

There wasnt really any lieing going on though. Just a miscomunication. I thought i was clearly pulling, obviously he had other ideas. That's fine we'll just do it again!
natedogg
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Oct 5 2005, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (kapoosh @ Sep 26 2005, 10:48 PM)
i should be there.  I live in chicago now for school, but i'll try to make it back.  I definately want to run it before years end.

Kapoosh... Are the events that you described accurate? There seems to be some descrepencys with your report and that of the other pilot. The other pilot is not happy... Actually, thats putting it mildly. He is quite certain that the events unfolded abit differently than you described. You may want to revise your story, for the sake of self preservation. (If you were less than honest with the events as they unfolded, to the best that your memory can describe.)

I like you, and have enjoyed our races. I have seen you progress from a slow lexus commuter to a pretty diveresed driver, flexing both your rwd and awd cars... Id just hate to see your name changed to Kasplat.

So you're saying this guy would actually consider doing physical harm to another just because that other possibly lied in a kill story? What is this, 5th grade? I can't keep track of how many times you've fabricated portions of (or entire?) kill stories. biggrin.gif
haunter
QUOTE (natedogg @ Oct 6 2005, 03:13 PM)
So you're saying this guy would actually consider doing physical harm to another just because that other possibly lied in a kill story? What is this, 5th grade?

no kidding, we have the same type of people here which is why we don't hang out with them much
kapoosh
I never lied in the original story, i just didnt give a reason as to why i shut down in the 2nd race. Didnt think it was really necessay, but hey what do i know.

Cars running better now anyway, i'd love to see what would happen....
natedogg
I wasn't trying to imply that you lied kapoosh. Just that someone is taking this stuff way too seriously if they want to hurt someone else if they did hypothetically lie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.