Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Evo VIII
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Cars-FS
Shaun@AMS
well i have decided on something, even tho im most likely gonna lose my liscnece for 3 months i still want an evo, and i will buy one. ill pay what i must to drive it, i landed a decent job making decent money so to hell with it im buyin one. anyone seen any used ones for sale around central illinois? i dont wanna deal with EVOM because most of the ones selling are highly modified or too far away, but if i have to i will travel but only as a last resort. so help a friend out, if you see one lemme know please.

thanks in advance guys!
99Spyder
Saw a yellow 03 at the Uftring Automall in EP two weeks ago. Unless that is the one that Tw1n Turb0 Z bought last week...
TotalEclipse97
there's a silver 03 in mahomet....low miles...good price
Shaun@AMS
there a new 06 MR at the dealer in champaign biggthumpup.gif too bad its 36k blink.gif

im interested in the one in mahomet, might have to drive out there to check it out maybe saturday? you available to help with directions then?
natedogg
It must be an '05 cuz the '06's will be Evo IX's and they haven't been released to the public yet.
TotalEclipse97
i will be for a little while

i have to make catering deliveries to the U of I at 7-9am 12-1 then 3-4 then i work at Za's 430-9

so pick a time and gimme a ring
kapoosh
QUOTE (natedogg @ Oct 14 2005, 06:41 AM)
It must be an '05 cuz the '06's will be Evo IX's and they haven't been released to the public yet.

???

http://luxurymotors.com/inventory_detailed...ANCER+EVOLUTION

http://luxurymotors.com/inventory_detailed...ANCER+EVOLUTION

Those are both 06's, one regular ix and one mr....
natedogg
Huh. I guess I just haven't seen any at the Mitsu dealers around here yet. I don't live in Chicago.
kapoosh
well i saw those over there yesterday, but are there any major differences? All i noticed was the thing(hole?) on the front bumpers....
natedogg
From what I remember, there is a slight turbo difference resulting in more mid-range power and better low end torque as well as some gearing changes in the 5 speed transmission. Body-wise it looks more or less the same except for the front and rear fascias.
Booztd 3
QUOTE (99Spyder @ Oct 13 2005, 08:49 PM)
Saw a yellow 03 at the Uftring Automall in EP two weeks ago. Unless that is the one that Tw1n Turb0 Z bought last week...

Sure was biggthumpup.gif
Booztd 3
QUOTE (natedogg @ Oct 14 2005, 12:48 PM)
From what I remember, there is a slight turbo difference resulting in more mid-range power and better low end torque as well as some gearing changes in the 5 speed transmission.  Body-wise it looks more or less the same except for the front and rear fascias.

I think at most the 9 was making 2-3 more hp/tq than the 8. Not much of a difference at all for the cost sad.gif

Edit.....Here is teh results....

Kazz5
Wow, look at that early torque leap ...

... but it IS two different vehicles so ...
natedogg
One difference I forgot to mention is the 9 has MIVEC for whatever its worth. Overall, I agree with TT. The 8 and 9 are not very different at all power-wise and looks-wise. Now, if they stick with the concept design on the 10 that will be a huge difference in a few years.
Kazz5
... I COULD just keep putting the miles and pitmarks on my front fascia and replace it with the IX version ... Hmmmm ...
MidwestDSM
can you get the loan/do you have a cosigner? If you just started your job and don't have good credit/alot of money down, it might be tough to get financed.

Just my 2cents.

Also, if you are serious about getting one in the very near future, call me, I might be able to help you out.
Shaun@AMS
well on my way back from bloomington tonight i stopped by mahomet to check out the silver 03 and they were closed but i did get to check it out on the exterior, looks pretty good, tomorrow me and my father are going there to further inspect it (miles, price and all that good stuff) so hopefully we can get it for a decent price and i may just be bringin it home soon!
MidwestDSM
QUOTE (Broken Smile @ Oct 14 2005, 06:52 PM)
well on my way back from bloomington tonight i stopped by mahomet to check out the silver 03 and they were closed but i did get to check it out on the exterior, looks pretty good, tomorrow me and my father are going there to further inspect it (miles, price and all that good stuff) so hopefully we can get it for a decent price and i may just be bringin it home soon!

you could just call and get the miles and asking price. No point in driving all the way there if they are buried in it.
Shaun@AMS
9xxx miles, $22,900 is the asking price, found this out earlier, so we'll just see if dad wants to help me get it, thats why im takin his ass over there lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.