Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1997 Eclipse RS Ready for turbo
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Cars-FS
NR_dsm
Hey everybody... I've got a 97 Eclipse RS that I'm selling that is all but turboed. Yes, it does have the slow 420A but that's okay it's still fun. In the last four months I've bought wheels for it, new tires for those wheels, completely rebuilt the suspension--minus the bushings--and finished up getting it ready to turbo charge. It's got basically everything all ready for turboing it electronically and mechanically except for the motor itself. Here's the link to my ad I'm running off my club's website: <a href="http://www.neglectedrespect.com/forsale">http://www.neglectedrespect.com/forsale</a>.

It's real real clean and fun as all hell to drive with that tein suspension and tenzo wheels. Just give me an email from the ad, and we'll work stuff out if you're interested.
The Iron Goat
So it's "ready" as in "the stock rotating assembly has been replaced by something that can handle the stresses and necessary compression produced by a turbo?"
And what of the ECU? Has it been replaced or do you have an aftermarket performance unit installed? If not, then that car is very far away from being ready for turbo.
NR_dsm
I said simply that it was ready for turbo... not ready to push 15lbs of boost. and if you turbocharge a 420A and you're not running the hell out of it there aren't any necessary ECU upgrades or anything. All i'm saying is that this car is a step closer than another one you might find if a turbo'd 420A is what you're going for. The internals are still bone stock but with a turbo kit alone 6lbs should be plenty comfortable. price is on the link http://www.neglectedrespect.com/forsale and the location is in champaign, il. again, email me if you have any questions. there's a link on the bottom of the for sale page to my email.
The Iron Goat
I'm confused. If the engine and computer haven't been upgraded, how is this car one step closer to being turbocharged? Is there an intercooler installed somewhere in that upgraded suspension or something?
natedogg
I think he just saying that it has everything it needs to bolt on the turbo, as in a turbo manifold, a turbo down-pipe, IC piping, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.
kup125
QUOTE (The Iron Goat @ Oct 15 2005, 12:47 AM)
I'm confused. If the engine and computer haven't been upgraded, how is this car one step closer to being turbocharged? Is there an intercooler installed somewhere in that upgraded suspension or something?

well its close it has a boost guage lol
The Iron Goat
QUOTE (natedogg @ Oct 15 2005, 08:21 AM)
I think he just saying that it has everything it needs to bolt on the turbo, as in a turbo manifold, a turbo down-pipe, IC piping, etc.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah... I wasn't think about exhaust. I'm just trying to clarify exactly what stage the vehicle is in. I should have looked at the link before I posted, but I'm so used to having necessary details listed here. My apologies for being a smart ass. tongue.gif
rednblackdsm
Ok. This is my buddies car and it is very clean and yes it is ready to be turboed. It has many of the things needed to have it turbocharged. On a 420a you dont have to any mods to the ecu because of stock internals it only can push 8 psi intercooled. Sorry all of just cant be like the big bad 4g63. smart asses.

Boost pressure
8 PSI
Internal engine modifications not required
Power Output@ crankshaft 250 to 275 HP
1/4 mile performance (on street tires, not slicks) 13.7 seconds @103 MPH (-2.3 seconds vs. GS-T

but yet can be close.
The Iron Goat
QUOTE (rednblackdsm @ Oct 16 2005, 11:12 PM)
Sorry all of just cant be like the big bad 4g63. smart asses.

13.7 seconds @103 MPH (-2.3 seconds vs. GS-T

but yet can be close.

Look, this all started out of a concern for someone providing false information. That has been proven to not be the case, so get over yourself. Yes, this car is ready to slap a turbo on, but please don't act like we're asses just because we went with a stronger platform.

I would also argue the ET time you posted as being similar to the 4g63T. Dollar for dollar in mods to the base engine, you'd never come close to keeping up. If someone thinks this would be a cool or fun project, more power to them. I'm not trying to keep your car from being sold. I'm just letting the people that might not understand the differences know what exactly is going on.

Good luck with the sale and have a nice day.

Hugs and kisses,

Goatsy (only you are allowed to call me that)
natedogg
QUOTE (rednblackdsm @ Oct 16 2005, 11:12 PM)
Ok. This is my buddies car and it is very clean and yes it is ready to be turboed. It has many of the things needed to have it turbocharged. On a 420a you dont have to any mods to the ecu because of stock internals it only can push 8 psi intercooled. Sorry all of just cant be like the big bad 4g63. smart asses.

Boost pressure
8 PSI
Internal engine modifications not required
Power Output@ crankshaft 250 to 275 HP
1/4 mile performance (on street tires, not slicks) 13.7 seconds @103 MPH (-2.3 seconds vs. GS-T

but yet can be close.

You are welcome to come here and advertise your buddies car, but calling established members smart asses (even though some of our asses are quite smart wink.gif ) when your a newb to the board isn't the best idea. Good luck with the sale.
NR_dsm
Thanks for the luck... Sorry for all the hysteria and confusion my car seems to be bringing up. I didn't know it would create such a mess. Car's still for sale and regardless how slow it is in a straight, it's quick as hell around the turns and great fun to drive. It's also still for sale so visit the link above and check it out for me.

Thanks everybody!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.