Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2005 SCDC - November 6th!!!
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Pages: 1, 2, 3
awd4kicks
SCDC - Sport Compact Drag Challenge

Sunday November 6, 2005
Cordova Drag Strip
NOON to 4:00 PM
Gates open at 11AM

Get the feel of street racing with all the safety features only found at a true drag strip. This event will be a fun and friendly drag competition for all racers. With a Test and Tune style layout, you can run grudge matches or whoever you happen to line up against. No long lines, lots of serious gear heads, and tons of quarter mile passes in a safe & legal environment! All cars and motorcycles welcome.

$50 prize for quickest *street car
$50 prize for quickest *race car
$50 prize for winning bracket racer

Racer Entry Fee (If registered in advance): $35.00
Racer Entry Fee (at gate): $40.00
Spectators/Crew 16 and over: $10.00

You can preregister at Winners Circle on Prospect Rd.in Peoria, IL

Or online here at SCDC Registration
Check to see who is preregistered here at SCDC Racers
For more information on Cordova, visit CordovaDrag.com

*Fine Print: Our basic definition of a race car is any tube frame vehicle or one with an 8 point or greater roll cage. We reserve the right to make this decision based on each individual car's set-up. There will be no special lane reserved for anyone. All cars will race side by side the way it was meant to be! Elimination runs will be held between all brackets for those that want to participate. Cash will be given out the day of the race. A $10.00 fee will be required for each additional race vehicle entered by the same racer.
awd4kicks
I cranked a bit of life into the 4G64 the night before I left for IN at midnight. I still have a lot of work and some tuning, but at the risk of sabotaging the outcome I plan on making this event. Can I get a Halaluja!!!

So is anyone else from DSMCentral going to make this event?!?
mitsu90
I'm gonna try to make it, thats if my talon stops having it's hissy by then
turbohcar
If mine can stay off the jackstands for more than a week, then sure!
99Spyder
I will be there spectating!
black92_tsi_awd
I'm in!
awd4kicks
Pre-Registration is in order fellas. Get on It. You are going to see some of the fastest street DSM's you've seen in a long time. I might even be able to make a slow showing as well.
turbohcar
Mind if I pre-register after Wednesday? Rob and I shall do our best but no promises the way things are going.
awd4kicks
I have extended the gauntlet of friendly competion at SCDC from some of DSMCentral's best to Twin Turbo and Showalter on Cii. Both low to mid 11 second cars. Let's get it together fellas. There's enough potential to make one Helluva show.
BudmannG
Hey guys I would love to go and participate. But not to sound ignorante on the subject, But........ I am wacko.gif ! Now my Q. what do I need to do or have to race. I have wanted to do this for a LONG time. And this will be the first time on a track. Got the butterflies just talking about it. So could someone let me know, and please take it easy on the ignorante. I just don't want to show up and not be able to race because of something stupid.
turbohcar
A helmet, long sleeve shirt, and a pair of jeans would be a good dress code. As far as car requirements, whatever you need to make a couple of good runs and any spare parts you need.
BudmannG
I will be there for sure.
black92_tsi_awd
What turbohcar said ^...like an idiot I wore shorts one day, they frown on that!

Don't worry about the "butterflies", they go away after the first run. I've been going to the track for 3 years and still have butterflies before the first run of the day.

Don't forget your datalogger...it's a good opportunity to see how your car is running. Bring some $$ for race gas, in case your car is knocking and you want to spike the tank a little.
JMoushon
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Oct 24 2005, 09:08 PM)
I have extended the gauntlet of friendly competion at SCDC from some of DSMCentral's best to Twin Turbo and Showalter on Cii. Both low to mid 11 second cars. Let's get it together fellas. There's enough potential to make one Helluva show.

We need to seriously evaluate who we invite for friendly competition. Marcus, I thought the idea behind these events was to make us look good! Hell, if Rizzo shows, that'll be 1400+hp between the three cars. That's not fun, that is potentially embarassing. Ought to be neat to watch though.
awd4kicks
It could be, but I hope there will be two-four local street DSM's that may be able to give them a run for their money. I've watcthed both TT and Showalter pull down 11's a number of times and they are both incredible. Rizzo has had DSM luck this year. We will see how it all comes out in the wash, but don't throw in the towel for the other DSM owners just yet James.
Booztd 3
QUOTE (JMoushon @ Oct 25 2005, 08:26 AM)
Hell, if Rizzo shows, that'll be 1400+hp between the three cars.

biggthumpup.gif

thats kinda funny when you put it that way.....

BTW moo, I have a hilarious pic of you giving laura the shocker from the wedding
JMoushon
QUOTE (Tw1n Turb0 Z @ Oct 25 2005, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (JMoushon @ Oct 25 2005, 08:26 AM)

Hell, if Rizzo shows, that'll be 1400+hp between the three cars.

biggthumpup.gif

thats kinda funny when you put it that way.....

BTW moo, I have a hilarious pic of you giving laura the shocker from the wedding

Awesome!!!!!

There was much shocking going on that day, I was proud to be an active part of it.
Make sure the boys show for the event.

Marcus, I am by no means losing faith, but as you well know, those are some formidable cars. I gots all the love... Get your bitch broken in and tuned, make sure the other key players show, and it'll be a great day.
awd4kicks
[quote=JMoushon,Oct 26 2005, 02:46 AM] [QUOTE=JMoushon]
...those are some formidable cars. ...and it'll be a great day. [/quote]
Besides it being the Sport Compact Drag Challenge, that's why these fine import owners have been invited. biggthumpup.gif
eclipgst
Im sure I wont be as fast as alot of people but i will be there. biggrin.gif
awd4kicks
Pre-Register
awd4kicks
QUOTE (eclipgst @ Oct 27 2005, 02:12 AM)
Im sure I wont be as fast as alot of people but i will be there. biggrin.gif

You are the core and the majority. Without you we are a bunch of wanna-be's or over-zealous, money burning mod purchasers.
akamiami
somebody help me out with a power transister and a BISS and I'll do my best to get there!
eclipgst
I was going to say the same to you Marcus, how odd is that? dry.gif ohmy.gif

Oh and Gross you had better get your lazy ass to this shindig and at least race the fujuckin evo! Or do you want everyone to laugh at you? Because thats what they are doing! THEY ARE ALL GOING TO LAUGH AT YOU!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
eclipgst
Im Registered smile.gif
BudmannG
QUOTE (akamiami @ Oct 26 2005, 11:01 PM)
somebody help me out with a power transister and a BISS and I'll do my best to get there!

I have a brand new biss. You just have to buy the o-ring.
Oh Yeah! And I'm registered too.
Rizzo
just registered! Car is running good.

Do they sell 116 octane at cordova? If not I will have to get some from winner's circle this week.
Booztd 3
I would get it at the winners circle
black92_tsi_awd
Here you go: http://www.cordovadrag.com/pages/gas.html
BudmannG
Is there a car-a-van going? Or are you guys going to meet somewhere before the drags?
JMoushon
This sounds like it's shaping up to be an awesome event.

I feel bad because I didn't realize it sooner, but this Sunday is the little girl's 8th b-day, and with the party and all I doubt I'll make it out.

To that end, if anyone wants to video the event, I'd gladly pay for a decent copy of the action.
black92_tsi_awd
I'd also pay for a video copy if someone make one.
mitsu90
if I can find a sitter for my boys I will be there with something alittle more repectible than the auto TSI
99pontiac155
i only run 15.5s in my car and i am registered.. i just have one simple question.. why is the entry fee 35/40 bucks and the pursh only 50 bucks?? i am not complaining or anythng. just wondering..

the import eater will be there!
Speedracer
QUOTE (99pontiac155 @ Oct 31 2005, 09:39 PM)
i only run 15.5s in my car and i am registered.. i just have one simple question.. why is the entry fee 35/40 bucks and the pursh only 50 bucks?? i am not complaining or anythng. just wondering..

this is just for fun. like the last big drag event of the year
MidwestDSM
If I can get a Nissan from work I will go, but I have no will really to go run one of my Hando/Acuras at the track and run 15s.
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (99pontiac155 @ Oct 31 2005, 09:39 PM)

Probably because it costs big money to rent the track! Marcus has to cover his a$$ with the entry fees.
99pontiac155
ok, i dont wanna sound like a jerk or anything i was just wondering.. do u have to have a import to join the club or not? i am a car customizer.. well kinda.. just startin out..

oh just to let you guys know.. u might wanna watch my RTs. they are gettin pretty damn good. last one i had was a .000 i will ever n show u the time slip if u wanna see it..

well see u at the races.
awd4kicks
SCDC is looking to be a Great event this year!

The potential match-ups of high hp cars that have been signing up is salivating. We also have cool older muscle cars like the 68 Baracuda that will be something to see. Not to mention the chance to watch Darryl Hudson run his 9 second beast if he gets it back together on time!

Just imagine the possibilities from:
Showalters 10-11 second Integra
Natedoggs newly improved GT35 AWD Talon
TwinTurboZ's incredible 11 second 300Z
Spy's beautiful GT35 EVO
Ryan Saggs Mach1 Stang
Rizzo's BUILT Civic
Akamiami's legendary GSX
Showalter's 12 second 1990 Integra
Mitsu90's new AWD toy
Black92_TSi_AWD
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Plus all the runs your car can muster!
black92_tsi_awd
I feel honored to be listed with that caliber of cars! biggthumpup.gif

So that means I'm either halfway fast...or you ran out of names to list! biggrin.gif
awd4kicks
You have been hitting the track as hard as anyone lately Black92. Low 13's are nothing for us to turn a nose up to either. biggthumpup.gif
JMoushon
QUOTE (99pontiac155 @ Nov 1 2005, 08:31 AM)
ok, i dont wanna sound like a jerk or anything i was just wondering.. do u have to have a import to join the club or not? i am a car customizer.. well kinda.. just startin out..

oh just to let you guys know.. u might wanna watch my RTs. they are gettin pretty damn good. last one i had was a .000 i will ever n show u the time slip if u wanna see it..

well see u at the races.

What club are you talking about?

Kudos on the RT.
Booztd 3
im officially registered, lol
99pontiac155
[quote=JMoushon,Nov 1 2005, 04:45 PM]

well see u at the races. [/QUOTE]
What club are you talking about?

Kudos on the RT. [/quote]
the DSM club thingy
99pontiac155
yea, i am just goin cuz i dont wanna have cabin fever for like 4 months so when cordova closes i can say , yea i raced.. i cant wait now.
yea my car runs 15s and i can run 15.8s all day.. i am takin a quess i will be the losest car there... but watch out for the bracket race...
black92_tsi_awd
Hey 99pontiac155
Nothing wrong with running a car in the 15's. I spent a couple years (and a lot of $) trying to get my truck to go faster. Started with 16.5's and got them down to 15.2's, had a blast doing it!! And you're right...bracket racing evens the playing field.

If your going to hang out on this board, I have one warning: Once you get a taste of a DSM on boost....you will be converted! biggrin.gif
99pontiac155
just dont laugh at me.. or i will have to tree u.. smile.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Your on! biggthumpup.gif
99pontiac155
should i write ur car sucks on my back window now or lata?
lol
black92_tsi_awd
laugh.gif

The smack talking begins....guess I should drag my truck out of retirement so the race is fair!
99pontiac155
its all in good fun..
ur truck runs 15.2 i run 15.5s.. it would be close.. i say we bracket race.. i would so beat u.. ph34r.gif biggthumpup.gif
i cant wait..
ahh
fuckin like its like 5 days away!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHH
i should build i time machine.. to get sunday here quckier
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.