Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1G Headlight Ducts
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Parts-FS
black92_tsi_awd
After being suggested that I start making my headlight ducts available for sale, here it is:
1G Headlight Duct

I'm making the first one's available to DSM Central members for $50 plus shipping. I've got two ready for purchase.
black92_tsi_awd
Does $40 a piece get anybody interested?
AWD DSM 1
Nice looking piece, but I don't own a 92-94 dsm at the moment! biggthumpup.gif
turbohcar
I would if I had a 1GB! biggrin.gif

Make one for the 1GA and I'm in. If all else fails try Ebay and set your reserve at $40 plus shipping.
JMoushon
Kudos on bringing a product to market. Good luck!
black92_tsi_awd
Thanks guys.

turbohcar, I'll look into the 1GA and see what I can do. Could you send me some pictures of the headlight area, so I can see what's there?
MidwestDSM
good luck
turbohcar
Yeah, it's pretty difficult with the 1GA headlights. The mounts for the headlight pretty much block the entire hole you cut into. Don't know if this one will be possible without a fabricated air duct (to go where the stock intercooler is) and a front mount intercooler.
BudmannG
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Nov 1 2005, 09:21 AM)
Yeah, it's pretty difficult with the 1GA headlights. The mounts for the headlight pretty much block the entire hole you cut into. Don't know if this one will be possible without a fabricated air duct (to go where the stock intercooler is) and a front mount intercooler.

If you got flip ups I shot an idea to him for those. We are going to hash it out at SCDC. Maybe if we put our heads together we can figure this out.
black92_tsi_awd
Here's something I found on Ebay...food for thought. Not sure of the practicality of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-944...sspagenameZWD1V
dstock22
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Nov 1 2005, 01:39 PM)
Here's something I found on Ebay...food for thought. Not sure of the practicality of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-944...sspagenameZWD1V

That would be awesome if it worked well. Would look better with just 1 duct rather than two though imo.
BudmannG
The only thing I see that would be a problem, is that small opening. But if there was a way to scoop them down with the contour of the head light. You know down the back to the hole that's there.
I can see it in my head, Just can't explain it.
black92_tsi_awd
Ok...Bud and I looked at the possiblities of a duct for pop up headlight 1G's at SCDC. We came up with a couple of ideas and I think I can get one to work.

Sooo, anybody have a passenger side pop up headlight that they wouldn't mind loaning me for a while?? Doesn't have to be in the best shape, just something I can work with. I'll return it when I'm done.
BudmannG
Hey Chris I have one I can ship out to you today. Pm me your address and I'll try to get it out before noon.
black92_tsi_awd
Done....I'll post pictures when I have something.
BudmannG
It is shipped!
turbohcar
Like I said before, if you can fab one up, I'll be your first customer. That is of course as long as it lowers intake temperatures, and I'm all about that!
black92_tsi_awd
OOOHHHH, you wanted it to function?!?! ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Ok here the first attempt at a duct for a 1G with popup headlights. It's just mocked up in paper, but you'll get the general idea. I'm still working on the mounting tabs

See 1G Popups page

Constructive criticism is welcome... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.