Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCDC Results
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
hammar
What an excellent day. Ran a new personnal best (11.19@124), broke the tranny, still drove it home. A Hammar hat trick!

Thanks Marcus! Excellent day as usual!

Hammar
black92_tsi_awd
Ran a new personal best also, 13.288 @ 101.8.
Got a new best 60' also 1.780

Got 13 runs in! It was good to meet alot of the guys and put faces to screen names.

I got trans issues also...2nd and 3nd syncros are wasted. Had problems all day getting it into gear.

It was a good time Marcus, thanks! biggthumpup.gif

Chris
99pontiac155
my car was all over the fuckin place.. got there and was runnin 15.7s and when eliminations started ( well right before i did a time run and some how ran a 15.60) but oh well my light sucked ass first round. i had a .100 light.. i was doin hella good on the lights today to..never had anything about a .100.. so i was kinda pissed.. oh well.. i enjoyed myself
THANKS MARCUS!
i will so be there agian next year and hopefully i will be in the 14s.

best of the day
15.62 at 88.9 MPH!
Hult250R
Excellent Meet, Didnt really get a chance to match faces with names but It was an excellent time, All except for the fact the DSM ran like a DSM...
Oh well, Better luck next time!
BudmannG
Guys, I had a f*cking blast today even though the Eagle didn't want to fly. I got to meet alot of people and some I didn't, and sorry that I didn't get to.
Marcus, I am glad to have meet you today and I just wanted to say thanks for making this happen.
My best 60' was .443 biggrin.gif
My best run was 14.769 sad.gif
My top speed came on the last run I made. I finally hit 95 mph dry.gif
Now mind you these are all different runs. The 60' was my second run of the day, Don't know how that happened. I was running way to lean when I got there.
Other than that I had a great time and would LOVE to do it again. Sign me up now Marcus, LOL.
I also have to thank asiankid and ncgalant for all there help today. I very much appreeciate all the tuning that ncgalant did on my car.
Speedracer
best one so far
i ran a 14.7@95.4mph new best!
people that i went with who ran blazing fast times
showalters 90 teg ran a best of 12.8 before graff broke the shifter
showalters 97 teg ran a rediculous 11.0
sick day that was well worth the trip and money
Booztd 3
11.7@116mph......let out in 4th cuz the car got squirly

I ran a 1.60 60ft and then the clutch decided to puke.....

I did a 30 second long burnout in the box....

I have an awesome picture that the track people took, with me about lifting the front tires..
Booztd 3
BTW.........GETTING DOWN WITH IT!

Speedracer
QUOTE (Tw1n Turb0 Z @ Nov 6 2005, 10:23 PM)
11.7@116mph......let out in 4th cuz the car got squirly

I ran a 1.60 60ft and then the clutch decided to puke.....

I did a 30 second long burnout in the box....

I have an awesome picture that the track people took, with me about lifting the front tires..

thanks for the burnt clutch smell till galesburg! it really helped me stay awake laugh.gif
turbohcar
Great time Marcus! Sorry the intercooler didn't work out. Your day will come buddy.

For me, it was the first time ever drag racing at the strip, first time ever launching an AWD car, and my only goal was to break 13 seconds.

The last (fifth) run of the day I ran a 13.925@97MPH with a 1.9 60ft. My reaction was sucking it up all day lingering around the .400 range though. During that run I beat one of the guys I came with, the turbo Suby Forester wagon. Although, I can't say that I beat him fair and square, he missed a 1-2 shift and had been running faster times all day.

Thanks NCGalant for your tuning advice. Despite the MAF hacking, it's still running incredibly rich but, there's not much I can do until I get a new fuel system. I had a great time and I'm ready to go back next year!

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showphoto...&cat=500&page=1
Booztd 3
I think everyone should watch me ALMOST shit my pants...

www.fccustoms.com/Extras/takeoff.wmv
jvb6806
QUOTE (Hult250R @ Nov 6 2005, 08:48 PM)
Excellent Meet, Didnt really get a chance to match faces with names but It was an excellent time, All except for the fact the DSM ran like a DSM...

and i would bet you are talking about me. HUGE thanks to the guys at IMS for taking one of their own cars off the trailor to haul my POS back to morton and house it at their shop untill i can get out there later this week with my own trailor (PS if anyone in B/N has a trailor i could use tomorrow it would be apreciated smile.gif)

to make a long story short the car was slow and broke after about 5 runs. i pulled consistant 1.90 60' but my high 13's were not acceptable. i figured out my fuel pressure was 10psi too high i corrected it and started to retuen and one run later i had a small arguement with my shift fork and i now drive a 1 speed.

so yeah the day sucked for my car but i had a good time. met some cool people and it is always fun to go to the track.

i am about to make a new thread about the shift fork so if you have any input on the subject please post there.
turbohcar
I've got a two wheel dolly Jim. All you need to do is disconnect the main driveshaft at the rear end and bungee the driveshaft up. PM me for more info.
BudmannG
QUOTE (jvb6806 @ Nov 7 2005, 02:06 AM)

and i would bet you are talking about me. HUGE thanks to the guys at IMS for taking one of their own cars off the trailor to haul my POS back to morton and house it at their shop untill i can get out there later this week with my own trailor (PS if anyone in B/N has a trailor i could use tomorrow it would be apreciated smile.gif)

to make a long story short the car was slow and broke after about 5 runs. i pulled consistant 1.90 60' but my high 13's were not acceptable. i figured out my fuel pressure was 10psi too high i corrected it and started to retuen and one run later i had a small arguement with my shift fork and i now drive a 1 speed.

so yeah the day sucked for my car but i had a good time. met some cool people and it is always fun to go to the track.

i am about to make a new thread about the shift fork so if you have any input on the subject please post there.

I think I still have some clutch forks layin around. I will look for them after work today.
Hult250R
QUOTE (Tw1n Turb0 Z @ Nov 6 2005, 10:43 PM)

Whered you get that pic at?
I seen em takin pictures but where are they posted??
jvb6806
QUOTE (BudmannG @ Nov 7 2005, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (jvb6806 @ Nov 7 2005, 02:06 AM)

I think I still have some clutch forks layin around. I will look for them after work today.

shift fork not clutch fork. thanks though.
Booztd 3
QUOTE (Hult250R @ Nov 7 2005, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Tw1n Turb0 Z @ Nov 6 2005, 10:43 PM)

Whered you get that pic at?
I seen em takin pictures but where are they posted??

They were actually walking around with the prints already developed. That pic is a nice glossy 8x11 I have sitting at home now smile.gif

They would snap the pics, go develop them, and then find the people in the pit area. Then you could buy the pics. It was 20 bucks but it was a hell of a pic
natedogg
Wish I could have been there. Some last minute problems and miscommunications popped up. My fault for not finding the problem sooner though. Oh well, I've got a big winter project ahead of me that should lead to a fun car for next spring.
99pontiac155
does anyone know what the cuda ran that was there? i left at like 230ish and didnt see him run.. i bet he would hae ran a solid 9 second run
BudmannG
Here is my 60' run just in case there is a non believer out there. The worst run of my day also. I am 9895.
kapoosh
that 60 foot time HAS to be a mistake. That must be like physically impossible.
black92_tsi_awd
No offence...but that's got to be a timing error. Darryl's race car run 1.4's I think.

Beleive me, Cordova has it's share of timing errors!
Booztd 3
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Nov 7 2005, 03:37 PM)
No offence...but that's got to be a timing error. Darryl's race car run 1.4's I think.

Beleive me, Cordova has it's share of timing errors!

yep, thats definately a timing error..........i guarantee you werent launching as hard as i wasn, lol biggrin.gif

they were having an issue with the left lane last week, it was reporting REALLY low MPH's for some reason at the 1/8th
BudmannG
Come on guys you couldn't let my balloon float a little longer before you burst it. Just go ahead and shoot it out off the sky, laugh.gif !

My best 60' is 2.163
99pontiac155
left right
car #007 car#138
RT-.965 rt- -.153(red)
60'-3.126 60' -2.517
330'-6.942 330'-6.690
1/8-9.70 1/8-10.15
mph-90.41 mph-71.31
1000'-11.97 1000'-13.14
1/4-13.845 1/4 -15.70
mph-119.19 mph-88.11

MARGIN OF VICTORY FOR 007?
by .7381

lol
i was ahead til about 1000 foot and then he passed me.. i felt kinda good smile.gif
kapoosh
what were you racing?? a 3 sec 60' time and still running high 13's is pretty impressive smile.gif
BudmannG
No he was the one that red lighted, laugh.gif !
jvb6806
and a 13.9 at 119. i would bet that was spy's evo.
BudmannG
If I remember right it was spy.
kapoosh
leave it to spy to take an awd car and net a 3 sec 60' time. No wander you didnt break 11's! smile.gif
hammar
QUOTE (kapoosh @ Nov 7 2005, 08:48 PM)
leave it to spy to take an awd car and net a 3 sec 60' time.  No wander you didnt break 11's!  smile.gif

Teh tailhappy V8-7 pwnes you!

(I'm still surprised I lost a topend race to an AWD and then things turned around from the dig. Who'd a thunk it!)
99pontiac155
i think the closest race of the day was me and a V6 SHO ford taures

me.
---
RT-.057
60'-2.49
330'-6.701
1/8-10.16
mph-71.66
1000'-13.16
1/4-15.74
MPh-87.30

him
-----
Rt-.261
60' -2.477
330'-6.68
1/8-10.10
mph-70.26
1000'-13.06
1/4-15.51
mph-92.71

margin of victory

it was fuckin close!

did anyone avge a .068 light?
I DID!
count in the red lights i avge a -.061
Speedracer
that was definetly spy, the numer on the evo was 007. and he spun the rear tires badly everytime he would have had a decent launch
turbohcar
I'd like to have that problem ^^^ blink.gif
awdnot2
Congrats to Susan for winning the bracket challenge!!

I ran a new personal best in 3000 with a 12.979@107.34
AWD DSM 1
Have you done anything more to the 3000? I look forward to making it next year!
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (AWD DSM 1 @ Nov 8 2005, 10:28 AM)
Have you done anything more to the 3000? I look forward to making it next year!

Put a baby seat in the back....it made Darryl's car run faster! biggrin.gif
awd4kicks
The Sport Compact Drag Chanllenge continues to be a success here at the end of 2005!

I can't thank you all enough for your participation! We roughly had 30 racers and about as many spectators. The staging lanes were always open. No accidents occured and a good time was had by most everyone.

A special thanks goes out to Spyder99 for haulling my Talon all the way to Cordova and back for nothing more than practice. I also need to thank him, NCGalant, his girlfriend, Spyonu2007 for helping check folks in at the gate. Spy and Turbohcar also helped my find my massive boost leak, ending any thoughts of racing.

With the good weather, knowing my engine and turbo were still in good shape...helped the day turn out great!

The $50 Fastest race car was entered and won by a single Plymoth Duster
Showalter won the $50 fastest street car award with his 11.28 @ 117 1997 Integra
Our own Susan Hudson won the $100 bracket eliminations the the 3000GT

We will be scheduling two more events for next year. For now plan on another Slo Pny Drag Day and of course DSMCentrals SCDC! Warmer dates to be announced in the near future.

I look forward to more people taking advantage of this good time in the years to come. For every racer it's like owning the race track for $35 to run as you please! biggthumpup.gif
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Nov 8 2005, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (AWD DSM 1 @ Nov 8 2005, 10:28 AM)
Have you done anything more to the 3000?  I look forward to making it next year!

Put a baby seat in the back....it made Darryl's car run faster! biggrin.gif

I've actually got a couple I can put back there.... biggthumpup.gif
turbohcar
Marcus, I kept feeling that breeze you were talking about on your legs just before you found the split intercooler. Your BOV gives off so much air when it's actuated, that's why I thought it was leaking prematurely. BTW, what size intercooler pipe are you running? If it will fit, I may buy those couplers for the GM MAF from you since you're going to the 3.5 inch sensor if thats allright.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.