Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2003 Mitsu Evolution
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Cars-FS
natedogg
With a little one on the way, the possibility of buying a pretty good chunk of land in redneckville, and some fun yet possibly expensive project plans for the Talon, I think it may be time to liquidate one of my toys.

2003 Yellow Mitusbishi Evolution GSR. AWD turbo 4 cyl. All the factory goodies they came with in 2003 including the power sunroof. 36.5K miles. Handles better than any car I've ever driven.

It's in good shape inside and out. A few chips in the hood and a small tear on the driver's side seat from normal wear. It's always been turbo-timed. It was broke in on conventional oil and has run on Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic ever since, changing the oil every 3000 miles. Its always had 93 octane premium in the tank. It gets detailed once a year every spring and is regularly washed and waxed. It is running GM syncromesh in the transmission and has had the tranny gear oil, xfer case gear oil, and diff gear oil changed every 15K miles. Accessory belt changed at 30,000 miles. Both outer tie rod ends replaced and car aligned at 30,000 miles.

All the mods are listed in the garage as well as some pics of the car, but in case you're too lazy to check them out I'll list them here as well. It has run a best of 13.1 @ 103 mph on a cool tractionless night at Cordova.

http://www.dsmcentral.com/invision/index.p...&CODE=12&CID=25

Kenwood CD/MP3 player
B&M short shifter
Blitz turbo timer
free mods
Greddy Type-s BOV
Open element K&N intake
Braided SS clutch line (restrictorless slave cylinder)
EBC green brake pads (less than half pad left)
RMR 6 puck clutch

Tires:
Hankook W400 performance winter tires (currently mounted)
Kumho Ecsta MX's (come with purchase of the car)

I'm looking for $22,500.

Will consider trades for full size trucks.

I'm located in East Peoria. Post here, PM, or email me at natedogg661@yahoo.com if you are seriously interested. Tire kickers and joy riders are not welcome.
AWD DSM 1
sad.gif
akamiami
at least you're keeping the talon biggthumpup.gif
Kazz5
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
natedogg
I would keep the Evo and sell the Talon, but the Talon isn't costing me a payment every month. Plus there's no way I'd ever get back all the money I put into the Talon. The only way to even come close would be to part her out, and I can't bring myself to do that.
akamiami
yeah, but if you keep the talon, you'll just be trading one payment for another as you won't be driving it as often (or will you?).

plus, you'll continually keep paying for performance parts, broken parts, and whatever other crap happens to come along.

you might as well just concede defeat, sell both cars to me for a reach-around, forget about ever having a fast car again because now you're a daddy with grown-up responsibilities and just go silently into middle age until you hit your late 40's and buy a vette like the other mid-life crisis douchebags who think people look at a guy driving a car like that and think anything other than 'yeah, he probably has to pay for sex too'. Leave the fun stuff to the immature assholes who refuse to grow up despite their age. tongue.gif
natedogg
QUOTE (akamiami @ Nov 11 2005, 10:07 AM)
yeah, but if you keep the talon, you'll just be trading one payment for another as you won't be driving it as often (or will you?).

plus, you'll continually keep paying for performance parts, broken parts, and whatever other crap happens to come along.

laugh.gif

How would this be any different than keeping and modifying the Evo? Same money spent on fixing stuff, modifying stuff, and more down-time due to such, plus a monthly car payment to boot!
akamiami
don't you know? evo's don't ever break like DSM's do. you could sell the talon parts or whole car to pay off the evo.

but, if you're intent on selling it.....if you rattle can it black you could ask 24K easy. hell, any other color than yellow and you could get 23,500
natedogg
QUOTE (akamiami @ Nov 11 2005, 01:38 PM)
don't you know?  evo's don't ever break like DSM's do.  you could sell the talon parts or whole car to pay off the evo.

but, if you're intent on selling it.....if you rattle can it black you could ask 24K easy.  hell, any other color than yellow and you could get 23,500

Or I could sell the Evo and use what money I don't have to pay back to the bank to buy a truck outright and have no financial obligations whatsoever. biggthumpup.gif

There's no way the Talon or its parts would bring in enough to pay off the Evo. Trust me, I've thought this through from every conceivable angle. Its not easy for me. sad.gif
akamiami
yeah, now that nate has bailed on the evo bandwagon I feel less cool too. have you considered turning tricks to keep your evo? Just putting the offer on the table.
/
I've got a buddy with a truck who wants an evo again so I'll mention it to him as well.
natedogg
I usually turn tricks for free, but maybe I should start charging now. Spy and Goat are gonna be disappointed.

Thanks for the references guys.
Kazz5

you might as well just concede defeat, sell both cars to me for a reach-around, forget about ever having a fast car again because now you're a daddy with grown-up responsibilities and just go silently into middle age until you hit your late 40's and buy a vette like the other mid-life crisis douchebags who think people look at a guy driving a car like that and think anything other than 'yeah, he probably has to pay for sex too'. Leave the fun stuff to the immature assholes who refuse to grow up despite their age. tongue.gif

dry.gif
The Iron Goat
QUOTE (natedogg @ Nov 12 2005, 09:29 AM)
I usually turn tricks for free, but maybe I should start charging now. Spy and Goat are gonna be disappointed.

Thanks for the references guys.

DAMMITT! One guy speaks up and ruins it for all of us! Thanks a lot, Miami sad.gif
turbohcar
Goat, this would be a good one for you to get back into DSMs. Convince the wife it's a "family oriented" vehicle because it's a four door!
black92_tsi_awd
Yeah ^^^^^ what turbohcar said.

Ever try to get a baby seat in the back of a Talon... biggrin.gif
The Iron Goat
No, I haven't, but the way things are going, Nate may have to soon! tongue.gif The EVO is definitely on my "sometime" list, but it just ins't doable right now. That is, unless, the mighty Natedogg would offer his own version of Spynancing ph34r.gif
natedogg
No can do on the Spynancing. I'm going to have to make sure the truck I buy is either a club cab or has one of those buttons that can turn off the passenger side airbag. Wierd the things I have to consider now. unsure.gif
Kazz5
Hey, it's not ALL bad - had to leave a car I LOVED and still do ... and got into my Evo ...
natedogg
Officially for sale.
haunter
until you hit your late 40's and buy a vette like the other mid-life crisis douchebags who think people look at a guy driving a car like that and think anything other than 'yeah, he probably has to pay for sex too'.

you would drive an Evo over a C5/6?

My dad might be intersted nate but its a bit out of the price range I think...............

and he doesnt like yellow, if it was blue he would prolly go after it for sure
natedogg
QUOTE (haunter @ Nov 16 2005, 01:25 PM)
until you hit your late 40's and buy a vette like the other mid-life crisis douchebags who think people look at a guy driving a car like that and think anything other than 'yeah, he probably has to pay for sex too'.

you would drive an Evo over a C5/6?

My dad might be intersted nate but its a bit out of the price range I think...............

and he doesnt like yellow, if it was blue he would prolly go after it for sure

Like Miami said...spray paint, works wonders biggthumpup.gif
koolade9
kris referred me over, just sent you an email...
natedogg
Emailed ya back.
natedogg
Price drop. Now asking $22,500. I'm also going to be putting the stock exhaust back on.
mitsu90
damn still not in my price range sad.gif
natedogg
Car now has stock exhaust back on it. The 3" exhaust will be sold separately. Looking for $500 obo for the exhaust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.