Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1996 EAGLE TALON TSI(AWD)
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Cars-FS
jerm18
I'm selling my 1996 eagle talon tsi(awd) ,99xxx miles on it,5-speed,leather.The car is pretty much a rolling shell as I speak.IT will come with full gab 8 way adjustable and 4 way adjustable in the front struts that retail for 1475 new.Also the rear diff in this car has some work done to it. Poly mounts,power steering pump,alt,cas,starter,axles,complete 6 bolt with the b/s removed,arps,new head gasket and intake manifold gasket,Car blew a 155 or higher on each cyl.This car is set up for a 6 bolt already so no cutting or wiring.Here are the parts you will need....Tranny and transfer case,manifold and turbo,ecu,fuel pump,2g maf,intercooler and piping.I have a 1g bov and some piping I was gonna make work that I'll throw in too.I know where you can find every part for this car,I just don't have the money for it right now.IT does has a dent in the quarter panel but I was already told that it would pop right out. If your interested make me and offer,also looking for trades...Thanks Jeremy

Pics..... http://www.dragsource.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7240
jerm18
If anyone is interested My cell is (641)7998361,My name is Jeremy.also the price is 2500 o.b.o...Or willing to trade for a 1g...Thanks
BudmannG
Could I please get some updated pics? As you already know I am very interested.
How did you blow the turbo on it? And what size Turbo was/is it?
Do you have any mods done to it sense you had it running?

And just so you know, I have not done anything with the tranny yet on my car. So it still makes a grinding noise in 3rd, 4th, 5th while driving down the road. So it might need a new tranny.

So this is what I have to offer you:

91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
I will put my car back to bone stock.
And throw in a 90 tranny with the car. (You have to install it!)

Now the ball is in your court.
BudmannG
ICGerms
QUOTE (BudmannG @ Dec 31 2005, 07:32 AM)

That's a good-looking car...I've always liked the blue color on 1Gs.
BudmannG
Thank you!
jerm18
So is the tranny shit then? Or is it the clutch,pressure plate? IS that the only problem? Also is there any pics of this drag shell you speak of? Let me know...
BudmannG
The tranny will probably need to be worked on. That is why I was going to throw in a good tranny with the deal.

I will not put up the drag car as part of this deal! But there are pics in my garage. The reason for this? The drag car will run and just needs to be put together.

Now we have been going back and forth like this sense you put this post up. I will shoot you my final offer.

91 Eagle Talon Metallic Blue
Black or yellow gauge faces (your choice)
Sun roof
Rear wiper (needs to be put back in)
CD player
Faze Boost gauge w/carbon fiber pod
6 bolt Cyclone Engine
2G mafs with yellow Dejon intake pipe
MBC set at 16psi
550 Injectors
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump w/rewire kit
5 Knob Apexi AFC
Oil catch can
And if you even want them, I will throw in the wheels. As I am ready for a new set any ways.
90 tranny to replace the tranny that is in the car (you have to install it).
I will also throw in all the interior extras that I have.
I will throw in an extra hood same color as car. Has a couple of scratches but no paint fade.
And you can have all the a/c stuff that I have also. I took the a/c out of the car, so if you want a/c you will have to put it back in, or sell them and get some money for it.

This is my offer! Everything works on this car except the A/C, I took it out of the car. And it runs like a dream, and purrs like a kitten!

I would still like to see updated pictures of the car and engine bay. I would also like to know what turbo is on it, and how did you blow it?

Now your turn.
jerm18
Well i haven't got pics yet but i did tell you it has cloth and the turbo seals were junk so i took it off,Also it looked like something was sucked up and bent the blades before i installed it.I got it from a friend to just try to start the car. IF we do this how will you get my car?? Do you have a trailor? I'm wantign this to happen I just need to know some details...Thanks Jeremy
BudmannG
Tell me when and I will get a trailor. Just let me know!

I will make a call about the trailor now!
jerm18
Alright sounds good.Whenever is fine...Except for sat and sundays i work.
BudmannG
OK, I have a trailor lined up, now all I have to do is put a thermostate in the father in laws truck. And I also need to clean out my personal possesions from my car. Might be Thurs. or Fri. before I can make it up. PM me an address so I can look up directions to you.
Thanks man and looking forward to meeting you!
jerm18
Thats awesome man.I'm looking forward to meeting you. I hope u have better luck with this car,I love the thing but its just too much time and not enough money for me.I pmed you my addy..Thanks Again Jeremy
BudmannG
Hey I am going to have to put the stock gauges back in it. You know the black faces. I don't have the yellows completly done yet and the are still in test mode. I have to change some colors on them.
What I am trying to say is, Will you be happy with the stock black gauges?
jerm18
Yeah thats fine...ITs no big deal.
BudmannG
Cool the car is cleaned out as we speak. Ready to go! I just have to get the tranny and fix the truck, But it's all good!!!
jerm18
Alright sounds good.Just let me know when and were set! Thanks
BudmannG
I am loading the car tonight. I should be on the road by 4 am, and at your house by 8:30-9:00 am. I will call you when I get to your town so you can expect me.
BudmannG
asiankid91
so sad to see it gooo wink.gif
BudmannG
I almost started to cry, I probably will tomorrow. LOL! I have had this car for 6 going on 7 yrs.
asiankid91
yea man i no how it is lol u will be ok haha
TURBOWHT
here is a video of the part out for you.

http://media.putfile.com/BAD1PARTOUT
TURBOWHT
heres another video of that car when it was running with the old motor. the first race was some gtp thinking he was so fast, he would only race for 50 bucks though.

second race is some heavily modded sti. raced for 200 bucks and ended up bogging the car off the line and had to play catch up.

http://www.dragsource.com/index.php?navselect=videos click the white car video
jerm18
Hey,Hope you enjoy the car...best of luck to you.I cleaned the 1g,pulled all the stickers,looks pretty damn good.thanks again
BudmannG
I made it home fine with the car in one piece! I haven't had time to look at it real close. But I am very pleased to have the car! My girl loves it also, So that means I wll be able to spend more money on it.

Thanks again Jeremy, and have fun and enjoy the 1G. You need to log the car and tune the safc before you run WOT!! This is for your best intrest!
BudmannG
QUOTE (TURBOWHT @ Jan 5 2006, 02:48 PM)
heres another video of that car when it was running with the old motor. the first race was some gtp thinking he was so fast, he would only race for 50 bucks though.

second race is some heavily modded sti. raced for 200 bucks and ended up bogging the car off the line and had to play catch up.

http://www.dragsource.com/index.php?navselect=videos click the white car video

Dead link for me!
BudmannG
The car does run,But has 160,160,100,160 compression...It runs like total shit

Hey Jeremy why didn't you tell me about this? I had to find this through different sources. I'm not real mad because I expected something like this. It was just to good to be true. A 1G AWD for a 2G AWD.
It's all good I will just fix it! Thanks for the nice ride though!
jerm18
Well The reason i didn't was because i was told they blow lower compression when the motor hasn't been ran through the heat cycle....The car ran fine for the 2 days,If it would have never ran i would of told you.Just try to take care of the misfire thing before you go tearing it down.Wasn't trying to screw anyone over.Sorry man
BudmannG
I didn't say you were. It's all good man! I love the car no matter what. I have always wanted a 2G and now I have one. Thanks and no hard feelings man.
jerm18
Just figured I would update this...I changed the tranny in the talon,The new tranny you gave me was crack all the way around the bell housing.I changed that no big deal.Car needed a new slave cyl changed that.Shifts perfect.Also did you have problems with the gas guage and oil pressure not working half the time? They kick in every now and then.I think i'm just gona replace it.I'll post some pics up tonight.I cleaned everything.The interior looks almost as good as the old 96 talon.
BudmannG
The oil gauge is not hooked up. And the fuel gauge goes to empty on a full tank. I think it has something to do with the fuel pump housing. And I did just get done messing with the gauges.
Sorry about the tranny man, I thought I picked out the best one. I am glad to hear you got it fixed, and running well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.