Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1G 6-bolt 4G63T engine
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Parts-FS
piening2150
has intake/exhaust manifolds, some accesories, and flywheel. it is a turbo motor but it does NOT come with a turbo. i even have the reciepts from the installation for 3 year/ 75000 mile warranty but i don't know if this is of any use since i can't show you the car it came out of. head and block still look almost new! $4000 invested, looking to get $1500 OBO. located in Toledo, Oh 43613. thanks.
piening2150
$1300 OBO.

The Iron Goat
You need to list what special features were featured with this rebuild to make it worth that price. The base engine would only warrant $300-$400, so it's a little steep of a price to be asking. It may well be worth it, but I just don't know what this rebuild involves.
mitsu90
is it a stroker??
turbohcar
If it's a Jasper remanufactured engine, it's been rebuilt to stock specs with stock equipment. And no, it wouldn't be a stroker. Jasper is quite renowned for their good warranties on their engines but some might say that their quality is a bit lacking. In my opinion, I've never had any experience with them so take it how you like.
piening2150
more info on jasper remanufactured 4g63t. note the price of $3300+300 core. this is before shipping both ways is figured in. I don't know where you are getting rebuilt motors for $300-$400. around my area, i haven't even found a decent junkyard motor (something with less than 40-60k on it) for less than $1000.

a link about rebuilt vs. remanufactured: http://www.jasperengines.com/about-reman.htm

UPD-MITSU 2.0L(4 CYL DOHC 16V)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
***Fuel injection O-rings are not included with this unit.
OVERSIZED CAMSHAFT MAINS: This eliminates virtually all valve train
noise. The camshaft is spray-welded and the weld is ground down to
match the O.E.line-bore and oil clearance specifications
LIVE RUN TESTED-Oil pressure, compression and vaccuum measurements are
made to ensure unit meets OEM specifications.
O.E.M. TENSIONER -Ensures highest durability and quality.
GRAPHITE COATED PISTONS:graphite is a natural lubricant which helps
prevent dry start up and piston scuffing.
GRAPHITE HEAD GASKETS:Pliable material that does not tear when casting
expand and contract. Graphite gaskets transfer heat evenly and will
not deteriorate around water passages like Kevlar gaskets do.
VITON VALVE STEM SEALS:This material meters oil from the first running
of engine. Its design is extremely resistent to heat, oil additives
and abrasions.
MOLY RINGS: Reduces friction for higher durability through reduced
cylinder wall wear.
NEW VALVE TRAIN-Only 100% new valves and valve springs are used in
this engine to ensure durability and quality.

Notes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product summary: MPFI, Turbocharged, DOHC, 1997CC, Block Casting #4G63, 16 Valve, 6 Bolt Flywheel
W/WATER PUMP
W/O TIMING COVER
CORE ID=4G63 STAMPED ON FLAT SURFACE LEFT SIDE MIDDLE OF THE BLOCK

Core Policies:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For full details of the Core Policies, click here, or call Jasper Engines & Transmissions at 1-800-827-7455.

Pricing and Availability:

The Price Is: $3318.00
Core Deposit For This Unit Is: $300.00
Skid Deposit For This Unit Is: $15.00
Sold On An Exchange Basis w/Jasper Receiving Old Unit As A Core.
The Iron Goat
QUOTE (piening2150 @ Dec 15 2005, 09:19 AM)
I don't know where you are getting rebuilt motors for $300-$400. around my area, i haven't even found a decent junkyard motor (something with less than 40-60k on it) for less than $1000.

I didn't claim that you could get a rebuilt motor for that price. I said the base engine was worth that much. You can get blocks/heads all day long for that price. That's all I was saying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.