Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crower Valve Train
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Parts-FS
PHAT TSi
I've got a brand new in the box set of Crower Springs and Ti Retainers. I've decided to go to a dual spring set-up so I no longer need these. Taking offers right now. I want to move these fast.
turbohcar
Who told you that you need dual springs? Crowers should be fine for anything short of a 10k revlimiter.
awdnot2
Our crowers have kept everything in track past 10K.
turbohcar
There's some concrete proof right there ^^^^.

Crower makes top notch stuff!
turbohcar
Good question Dan, I honestly don't know. I would imagine the people on the EVO boards could help you more, or maybe even call Crower direct.

© 2004 Crower Cams & Equipment Co., Inc.
Phone: 619-661-6477 · Fax: 619-661-6466
PHAT TSi
I am switching to a dual springs because I plan on running some fp3x's or the fp2x's and I have talked to an FP rep and they highly recommended a dual spring over the crower because of the increased lift of the cams.
I am not sure if these will fit the late model 4g63 heads as stated earlier I would check on an Evo Board or get in contact with Crower.
awdnot2
Yup for the FP2 and FP3 you want double valve springs.
turbohcar
Are the FP cams that radical in terms of lift? I wonder why FP reccomends the dual springs and not any other camshaft manufacturers?
wortdog
Its not lift or revs that necessitates the dual springs, its the ramp profile. The FP3 and 4 cams open and close the valves VERY quickly so that they can hold them at maximum lift for as long as possible. That's why the cam lobes look so squared off on them.
turbohcar
Ahhhaahh, it's always nice to have an engineer on the board biggrin.gif
PHAT TSi
Now that we've established that I need the dual springs for the cams i'm going to be running who wants these? They are brand new in the box.
turbohcar
What's your asking price. I'm interested.
PHAT TSi
240 Shipped to you.
turbohcar
^^Decent price, cheapest I can get them is $275.
PHAT TSi
Yeah I could probably get more out of them but I am wanting to move them quick so i'll sell them cheap.
akamiami
crower only has one set of part number for their valve springs and retainers so my first guess is that they would work for evo's. I'd paypal the money right now for 200....
PHAT TSi
240 Shipped is already a steal and i'm not going to go any lower.
akamiami
I'll be in town if you want to sell for 200.

Here's a place selling them for 260 shipped new.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=147604
PHAT TSi
QUOTE (akamiami @ Nov 27 2005, 06:46 AM)
I'll be in town if you want to sell for 200.

Here's a place selling them for 260 shipped new.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=147604

Well see your proving my point. These are also brand new never used in the box for $240 shipped so your saving $20. Need I repeat NEVER USED, BRAND NEW.
mitsu90
QUOTE (PHAT TSi @ Nov 27 2005, 01:14 PM)
Need I repeat NEVER USED, BRAND NEW.

the day you bought them they became USED even if you never installed them
PHAT TSi
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Nov 27 2005, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (PHAT TSi @ Nov 27 2005, 01:14 PM)
Need I repeat NEVER USED, BRAND NEW.

the day you bought them they became USED even if you never installed them

Well if you want to look at it in that aspect, you buy is used. Companys have to buy from the manufacturers to keep an inventory so therefore anything that you are buying as new is truely used becuase someone before you ahs purchased the product.

Say you buy a pop from the gas station its going to be used because the gas station bought it from the bottling company and re-sold it to you, the consumer. So if you want to look at it that way everything is used unless you are purchasing directly from the manufacturer.

I haven't USED these, I have handled them though and they are sitting in the Crower box in my bed room. Now I am not going to take anything less than 240 shipped and I feel insulted by any offer lower than that. You can't find new/used crower springs and retainers any cheaper than this.

Sorry if I seem a bit hostile I do not intend to come off that way. I just dislike it when I get extremely lowball offers and a race proven product.
mitsu90
sorry to piss you off but thats just the way it works, not that your price isn't good just to some people they are not consider brand new, they are just never used.
PHAT TSi
Oh you didn't piss me off I was just stating my views on it, you can look at it however you want but they aren't used just merely handled in my opinion. I still think 240 shipped is an awesome deal. If I can't sell them then they will just sit on one of my shelves and i'll build a spare motor with them or what not no big deal to me i'm not in dire need of money just didnt really need them.
mitsu90
I don't agree with the way it works either, and your price is cheap biggthumpup.gif
PHAT TSi
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Nov 27 2005, 02:16 PM)
I don't agree with the way it works either, and your price is cheap biggthumpup.gif

Thanks and also thanks for the bumps. biggrin.gif
mitsu90
noproblem biggthumpup.gif
The Iron Goat
Also just to point out that when buying from an individual, you forfeit certain rights. I don't have as much legal leverage to go back on you if something's not right as I would with a retail store. There are many aspects that change when dealing with an person rather than a bricks and mortar store.
PHAT TSi
Well just like retail stores you have good ones and then you have some that just want your money. You take a chance whenever you buy anything over the internet wheteher its from an individual or a company. All are going to have their positives and negatives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.