Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WS6 T/A vs. 14b AWD
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
turbohcar
'02 LS1 WS6 TA 6-speed vs. 14b@16psi 5-speed AWD Talon

As luck would have it, one of my friends called me up to tell me that he was "borrowing" a Silver Sasquatch WS6 Trans Am 6-speed for the day and would have to be returning it the following morning. He also made the comment that my car "smelled like cow manure" and I retorted with, "well yours tastes like chicken". From that point, it was set. He met with me at a designated, deserted stretch of highway with the objective being to see who could get to Thanksgiving dinner in California the fastest.

Start was from about a 3mph roll. Both drivers rolled out of the clutch in order to keep grandma's teeth from chattering. First came on pretty easy, kind of like a two dollar whore. Side by side we were, teeth clenched, both cars hungry for mashed potatoes and gravy. Little to no wheel spin from the TA or the Talon. 16lbs came on late, like it always does, too little too late. At the top of first we were still door to door, time to shift, immediately I drop back. This dropping back feeling is strangely familiar to what it feels like right after I eat yams.... all mushy in the back end. My front wheel at his back wheel and we're still battling like two drugged up competitors of the UFC. The TA is literally pulling up gravel and spitting it at the Talon, laughing at my weak attempt. I can hear his loud cackle over my exhaust "the stuffing is mine rookie!". I can't help but be mad, stuffing is my favorite and this tool is going to eat it all if I don't get there first. Second pulls hard, we stay the same, neither of us giving up an inch of ground. By now I'm sucking in exhaust fumes and choking on the oil. Shift to third, he gains about the same amount. My front bumper at his rear bumper now and we're both still pulling like two freight trains fighting for one piece of track. How can this be? I'm not going to make it to Thanksgiving in time. This two bit stock TA is going to have me for dinner! Halfway through third he backs off, deciding that this strip of raceway ends a bit sooner than he'd like and I do the mandatory "you just won but I'm going to fly by you anyway" pass. Our exit for Cali was coming up quick anyway so I ducked into the right lane and made my exit. Someday......someday I'll be a Jedi Knight and be able to sit at the big kids table at Thanksgiving! You're mine next time TA.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
JMoushon
A couple more psi and you're there! Good write-up. LS1 cars are damned fast from a roll, and to pace one like that in an AWD is nice.
SCCA Stang
nice write up turbohcar..... I have to agree with JM about those LS1 cars... damn fast from a roll
turbohcar
Thanks for the nice comments guys! I would push it a couple more psi on the stock turbo but the stock injectors are already seeing 110% duty cycle so I'm not going to try it until I upgrade the fuel system and get a tune down. It's currently running on the stock fuel map of WTFR (way too fricking rich) and without any form of fuel control other than the hacked MAS. Soon to come, lower IC pipe, Supra sidemount, GM MAF, and a larger volume fuel system. I promise you this, I will be beating these wretched LS1 cars by next spring.
mitsu90
nice run biggthumpup.gif
JMoushon
2 words: race gas.

Toss in some 110, bump your boost a couple psi, and you'll be all over that car.
BudmannG
Is it just me or anyone else hungry? laugh.gif Nice right up turbohcar!
mitsu90
QUOTE (BudmannG @ Nov 23 2005, 05:01 PM)
Is it just me or anyone else hungry? laugh.gif Nice right up turbohcar!

I know I could use something to eat, got a fast ass car a few weeks and haven't had a bite to eat yet sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.