Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 90 GSX vs. mid 96 lightning
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
street_dreams_dsm
well, even though the 90 is not finished, and untuned i went ahead and raced this lightning. its a 351ci w/upgraded injectors, exhaust, and cam. the 90 took off a lot harder than i expected, broke loose a bit and fishtailed, then took off and spanked it. i know its not much of a race, but its my 90's first race and i'm proud of it
2angelboyz
good job on the win biggthumpup.gif
mitsu90
nice kill biggthumpup.gif they will get better with a good tune
asiankid91
nice, whats done to your 90??
street_dreams_dsm
i just made a "garage" for it
http://www.dsmcentral.com/invision/index.p...CODE=12&CID=190

as of now the 90 has 550cc injectors, 2g mas air, 2.5 exhaust turbo back, AFC II, spec stage III clutch, balanced shafts removed. as far as the turbo, its a 14b with a 7cm hot side, ported with 34mm waste gate. tubular O2 housing, manual boost controller.
right now i have less than $1000 in the car including buying the car ($500) biggthumpup.gif check out the garage to see how i did that

the stuff i still need to do... I have a big 16G cold side i'm rebuilding, PLX wideband needs installed. FMIC, and just a few little things i need to patch up.
turbohcar
I hope you have a logger for that beast.
street_dreams_dsm
i got a logger and the wire harness, but i've been having troubles installing the software
mitsu90
you have a nice ass 1g
street_dreams_dsm
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Nov 26 2005, 11:13 AM)
you have a nice ass 1g

Ty, the paint isnt as good as it looks in the pic, but i'm repainting it next spring once i get my 2g on the road again.

check it out http://www.dsmcentral.com/invision/index.p...CODE=12&CID=189
turbohcar
LOL, most of us here are used to Spy's long drawn-out fairytales.
93Cobra
just out of curiousity do u not like the way a 2g talon looks like
turbohcar
No, I'm talking about the ones where you end up with my girlfriend in the end! dry.gif
street_dreams_dsm
QUOTE (93Cobra @ Nov 27 2005, 02:14 AM)
just out of curiousity do u not like the way a 2g talon looks like

pretty much, i really dont like the look of the 95s front end on either a talon or eclipse, even though i perfer the rear of a 95 eclipse over a 97-99. i was going to change the rear wing to a eclipse too, but after i had the eclipse rear on there it ended up lookin good to me. and the side skirts on a 95-96 talon look the best in my opinion, theres more of a curve to them so i kept them on there too. but as far as the stock talon tailights... i hate them...
93Cobra
I dont mind them I actually kinda like the look now I do agree with you on the front end part and side skirts I just like the akward look of the rear ends
awd4kicks
Good Kill Street Dreams. This spring you need to take that thing to the track and see what you can pull down. It sounds very promising!

BTW - I think you have for DSM's than even Spy has had at one time...DANG! You could start your own DSM salvage yard out there. biggthumpup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.