Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chevy 350 feeler
DSMCentral > Classifieds > Parts-FS
black92_tsi_awd
In the continuing effort to clean out my garage, shed etc....

I offer up a complete (intake manifold to pan) 4 Bolt Chevy 350 engine to see if anybody is interested. It came out of a pickup.

I've degreased it and pulled the pan and a maincap off. Everything looked pretty good. If anybody interested, I'll pull the heads and check to see if it's been bored etc.

I can provide pictures.
AWD DSM 1
What year? Carb or FI? How much?
turbohcar
ROB! This better not be going in the 3S!
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Dec 6 2005, 03:28 PM)
ROB! This better not be going in the 3S!

Hmmm.... never thought about that.... rolleyes.gif biggthumpup.gif
Max Diesel
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Dec 6 2005, 02:42 PM)
In the continuing effort to clean out my garage, shed etc....

I offer up a complete (intake manifold to pan) 4 Bolt Chevy 350 engine to see if anybody is interested. It came out of a pickup.

I've degreased it and pulled the pan and a maincap off. Everything looked pretty good. If anybody interested, I'll pull the heads and check to see if it's been bored etc.

I can provide pictures.

What do you want for it? Dont' care about the condition as long as the block is ok.

Thanks!
black92_tsi_awd
I'll do some digging and find the block serial number, I looked it up on the internet when I got the engine, I just have to relocate it. I'll try to pull a head off tomorrow and check it out further.

I'll also post up some pictures.

Thanks
Max Diesel
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Dec 6 2005, 07:28 PM)
I'll do some digging and find the block serial number, I looked it up on the internet when I got the engine, I just have to relocate it. I'll try to pull a head off tomorrow and check it out further.

I'll also post up some pictures.

Thanks

If you can look at the back of the block, see if it has "010" in the casting.

Thanks!
black92_tsi_awd
Yep "010", on passenger side of engine.
Max Diesel
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Dec 6 2005, 07:39 PM)
Yep "010", on passenger side of engine.

4-bolt, 010. How much you want??
black92_tsi_awd
Max
Let me pull a head and make sure it's not bored .060 over or something stupid like that.

I should be able to dig into it tomorrow.
Max Diesel
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Dec 6 2005, 07:55 PM)
Max
Let me pull a head and make sure it's not bored .060 over or something stupid like that.

I should be able to dig into it tomorrow.

Sounds good.

Thanks!
AWD DSM 1
I'm interested in what you find also.
black92_tsi_awd
AWD DSM 1, I didn't forget about you buddy, you spoke up first.

Well, I pulled a head....it's got .060 pistons in it so it's been around the block. Boy that was a bad pun! wacko.gif

There doesn't seem to be any bore ridge and the bores look pretty good. They might be ok with a quick hone to seat some new rings.

Either of you guys still interested? If so, I'll pull the other side to check the bores. If not, I understand.
Max Diesel
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Dec 6 2005, 09:02 PM)
AWD DSM 1, I didn't forget about you buddy, you spoke up first.

Well, I pulled a head....it's got .060 pistons in it so it's been around the block. Boy that was a bad pun! wacko.gif

There doesn't seem to be any bore ridge and the bores look pretty good. They might be ok with a quick hone to seat some new rings.

Either of you guys still interested? If so, I'll pull the other side to check the bores. If not, I understand.

Still interested..
AWD DSM 1
Ehhh... I don't need anymore projects right now. Have at it Max!
black92_tsi_awd
Max
Here's some pictures: 350 Block

There's a little surface rust in 2 bores.

Since you were just interested in the block, is it worth $50 to you for the shortblock?
Max Diesel
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Dec 7 2005, 06:23 PM)
Max
Here's some pictures: 350 Block

There's a little surface rust in 2 bores.

Since you were just interested in the block, is it worth $50 to you for the shortblock?

What's the casting number on the heads?

Does the crank have a wide or a narrow casting mark on the first journal?

Thanks!
black92_tsi_awd
Head casting number 333882

Crank casting number 3932442
Max Diesel
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Dec 7 2005, 10:03 PM)
Head casting number 333882

Crank casting number 3932442

Sounds decent. Let me get with my dad. This will be the base for the back-up engine for his bracket car.

Thanks!
black92_tsi_awd
Cool...

If he wants the heads too, make me an offer for everthing. If I can find it I'll though in an HEI distributer that I got with the engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.