Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 14th Annual DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
awdnot2
14th Annual DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

Presented by:
Buschur Racing and Dynoflash

Times, dates and schedules:

**Saturday, August 12th, open house, hangout and dyno competition at Buschur Racing, Inc., in Wakeman, Ohio. 9 am to 6 pm. Get there early last year there were about 500 people jammed in here!

*Sunday, August 13th. Gates open at Norwalk Raceway Park, Norwalk, Ohio at 8am. Track closes at 5 pm.
*Quick 16 qualifying at 10 am, 11 am and 12 noon.
*Time trials from 8 am until noon. When racing is completed time trials will begin again.
*Car and driver entry fee is $35. Spectator entry fee is $15. Kids 12 and under are free.
*FILL OUT YOUR TECH CARDS NEATLY AND COMPLETELY. Failure to do so will result in NOT receiving ANY prizes for your win!! Tech cards must be turned in at the head of the staging lanes before you make your first pass.
*Your class designation goes on the windshield followed by the number on your tech card. Class designations are listed in parenthesis next to the class names below. This is your class/car number for the day.

Classes , rules and lane assignments:

DSM STOCK APPEARING (DSA)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree.
-Full interior required. NO nitrous. DOT tires only.
-NO FMIC’s. NO external wastegates. NO sheetmetal intakes. NO Fugly modifications that won’t pass for darn near stock.

DSM ELIMINATOR (DSE) Sponsored by DSMTUNERS.COM
-This is for the more seriously modified DSM’s. Only rules are full interior, NO nitrous and NO slicks.

EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA)
-This for for EVO’s only. Car must retain the stock appearing intake manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo and 02 housing. You can upgrade the intercooler plumbing, FMIC, exhaust etc. For an example of a great Stock Appearing class car refer to our complete Stage 4 kit. Beyond that and you are out of the class.

EVO ELIMINATOR (EE) Sponsored by EVOTUNERS.NET
-This is for the more modified Evolutions. Sheetmetal intakes, huge turbos, headers and such are all legal. NO nitrous or gutted interiors or you are in the Q16 or bracket classes.

BRACKET 1 (B1)
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 0-12.99.

BRACKET 2 (B2)
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 13.00 and slower.

QUICK 16 (Q16)
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. NO tube chassis cars. You must qualify at one of the qualifying times to enter the class. 3 qualifiers will be given at 10 am, 11 am and 12pm. If you do not qualify you can enter in any other class your car fits into the rules for. If the car is gutted or has nitrous it will have to run B1 or B2.
black92_tsi_awd
Was reading that annoucement last night on Buschur site....

Was thinking about going, actually.
mitsu90
DSM STOCK APPEARING (DSA)
-Full interior required. NO nitrous. DOT tires only.
-NO FMIC’s. NO external wastegates. NO sheetmetal intakes. NO Fugly modifications that won’t pass for darn near stock.

would a GVR4 be able to run even though it's not a DSM?
turbohcar
Yes Mitsu90.

I didn't think they'd be having this due to last years troubles. Oh well, good for us! I'm definitely thinking about going for the DSA but I'll have to figure out how to get my back seats back in. I may have a decent shot as long as I've got the bigger turbo by then.

Marcus, if you're brave enough I'd go for the DSE class if I were you. I bet you'd fit right in too!
turbohcar
EVO ELIMINATOR (EE) Sponsored by EVOTUNERS.NET
-This is for the more modified Evolutions. Sheetmetal intakes, huge turbos, headers and such are all legal. NO nitrous or gutted interiors or you are in the Q16 or bracket classes.

I see what you're eyeing Dan. If you can get that baby to launch well you should be competitive as well.
AWD DSM 1
Too bad they got rid of all the 3/s classes. sad.gif
Hult250R
Ill be there again, Ive went the last 2 years, Wouldnt miss it for the world!
turbohcar
Do you usually stay in a hotel Hult or somewhere else?
The Iron Goat
This looks to be promising... I better get going hard and heavy on this thing.
Hult250R
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Dec 14 2005, 01:57 PM)
Do you usually stay in a hotel Hult or somewhere else?

Hell yes.. Best Western is DSM Headquarters!
Its a 3 day long Rock Star party biggrin.gif
awd4kicks
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Dec 14 2005, 07:39 PM)
Marcus, if you're brave enough I'd go for the DSE class if I were you.  I bet you'd fit right in too!

I appreciate the pre-props. I have to get this thing tuned and running well before I would make any claims of tackling that class. I do have full interior going for me though. biggthumpup.gif
turbohcar
Have some confidence buddy. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to tune that beast by next August. You'll be there.
awd4kicks
It's cool...I'm confident enough. I just like to use a bit more caution than the average bench racer. wink.gif
Chicago_DSM
I was so pissed a few months ago when they had the 13th shootout...It was raining and I backed out from the trip at the last minute...Doesn't matter anyway since it was right before I bought the 90awd I had

Maybe this year I will actually have a dsm to take out there tho wink.gif I hear the Best Western is the place to be tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.