Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 1g AWD 5sp
DSMCentral > Classifieds > WTB / GB
Chicago_DSM
6-bolt motor is recommended Hey DSM'rs...I live in the Chicago area and am looking for a 1g awd 5sp...I sold my last 90awd a few months ago and my deal to buy another one just fell thru sad.gif

So, I am back on the market, and so far have had bitter luck...I am cash ready and looking for a decent 1st gen...My requirements are:

- Not a Project car ...Has to have a motor/tranny/body/etc..Has to run!
- No major problems ...I don't want to deal w/ your un-finished repairs...I can't expect to find absolutely no problems, but I don't want to have to throw on a new tranny/head/shortblock/turbo...Minor things are reasonable
- 6-bolt motor is recommended
- Modded is ok ...As long as the car is not already in 11 second race car mode, some bolt ons or turbo swaps are ok...I just want to leave some room to do work myself
- 5sp working tranny! No auto's or trannies that need to be rebuilt...I need to be able to drive it

Other than that, it can be a 1ga or 1gb...Whatever! As long as the car runs good, has a decent body, awd 5sp, and is under $4500, then I will not turn away from a serious offer!
----> Tsi/GSX are recommended tho

Thanks a bunch, reach me at:
- Quikshift Tsi @aol.com & AIM
- Chicago_DSM@ yahoo.com and at Dsmtalk & here if you PM

Very Interested in your 1st gens...Let's see what you got biggrin.gif
Max Diesel
QUOTE (Chicago_DSM @ Dec 24 2005, 11:41 PM)
6-bolt motor is recommended Hey DSM'rs...I live in the Chicago area and am looking for a 1g awd 5sp...I sold my last 90awd a few months ago and my deal to buy another one just fell thru sad.gif

So, I am back on the market, and so far have had bitter luck...I am cash ready and looking for a decent 1st gen...My requirements are:

- Not a Project car ...Has to have a motor/tranny/body/etc..Has to run!
- No major problems ...I don't want to deal w/ your un-finished repairs...I can't expect to find absolutely no problems, but I don't want to have to throw on a new tranny/head/shortblock/turbo...Minor things are reasonable
- 6-bolt motor is recommended
- Modded is ok ...As long as the car is not already in 11 second race car mode, some bolt ons or turbo swaps are ok...I just want to leave some room to do work myself
- 5sp working tranny! No auto's or trannies that need to be rebuilt...I need to be able to drive it

Other than that, it can be a 1ga or 1gb...Whatever! As long as the car runs good, has a decent body, awd 5sp, and is under $4500, then I will not turn away from a serious offer!
----> Tsi/GSX are recommended tho

Thanks a bunch, reach me at:
- Quikshift Tsi @aol.com & AIM
- Chicago_DSM@ yahoo.com and at Dsmtalk & here if you PM

Very Interested in your 1st gens...Let's see what you got biggrin.gif

PM Sent
gsxtacy
pm sent
Chicago_DSM
Thanks for the replies so far...I guess the search for a decent 1g awd 5sp is a lot tougher than I remembered...Oh well, keep it coming

--Also, it is recommened that the car has Power Steering and Power Windows...A/C is a big Plus also
90GSX
well i was going to put my car up for sale after i get my income tax return and go find me something brand new or next to new for my new DD. Its a 90, motor had new bearings/rings from precision in bloomington. It runs and drives fine (minus a few things that need replaced. Tranny is "notchy" but doesnt actually grind. Ive been driving it everyday to work. Car is all stock except has a MBC set at 14psi, autometer phantom boost and EGT on the pillar, and a spec stage 1 clutch. I can get into details if your at all interested. I was just gonna plan on trading it in, but im sure can get a better deal selling it instead.

Pic 1

Pic 2
Chicago_DSM
Ya thanks for the reply...Judging by the pics the car looks awesome, most likely an aftermarket paint job tho correct? If not, that's new to me

I would love to learn a little more info about this car,

-what it will need & what's wrong right now
-how much you want
-Where is it located
-How many miles on the car
-What other maintenance/etc things have been replaced

Thanks a lot, you can reach me by e-mail or PM or just reply here
-Josh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.