Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back 2 normal 7 aka B2N7
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
rick03
im posting on behalf of club3g.com inviting anyone and everyone who owns a dsm to a club meeting. the details have not been ironed out yet but it will be memorial weekend. we at club3g have had this meet for the past 6 years, but for some reason the number of cars has decreased each year. some sugestions where made to invite all cars that were made at the normal plant to come. just because you dont own a a car from there dosnt mean you cant come. feel free to come anyway. i will keep anyone interested in going updated. heres a link to what they have sterted so far
http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40215
SCCA Stang
keep me notified... I would like to know more about this and am interested in attending.... pm for email
awd4kicks
Thanks Rich. I think it would be great for us all to show up to that event. Let us know the rest of the details when you know them.
Taxiwardance
Is it just me or does that forum only have a single post theme that has to load a page for every reply? Get on it Rich, Depending on the date, your going to get your ass stomped on the drive there by yet another of my DSM whores blink.gif . At Least Frank has entered the dark side. Now come and join, you and I both know its inevitable laugh.gif
scrapin_frame
QUOTE (rick03 @ Feb 15 2006, 06:50 PM)
. just because you dont own a a car from there dosnt mean you cant come. feel free to come anyway.

i hope things have changed since the last time i went to this.
the last time i went, a good friend and his gf got in a fight with a bunch of people cuz the 3g guys including the self proclaimed organizer decided to talk shit about his honda. how a guy can punch a girl, i dont know, but it still pisses me off, and sadly it has given me a very poor impression of the 3g guys. whats really sad is that days later getting on the 3g site, everyone thought it was funny.
maybe this year they will earn back a little respect
treydawgs4g63T
count me in!
rick03
QUOTE (scrapin_frame @ Feb 15 2006, 11:30 PM)
QUOTE (rick03 @ Feb 15 2006, 06:50 PM)
. just  because you dont own a a car from there dosnt mean you cant come. feel free to come anyway.

i hope things have changed since the last time i went to this.
the last time i went, a good friend and his gf got in a fight with a bunch of people cuz the 3g guys including the self proclaimed organizer decided to talk shit about his honda. how a guy can punch a girl, i dont know, but it still pisses me off, and sadly it has given me a very poor impression of the 3g guys. whats really sad is that days later getting on the 3g site, everyone thought it was funny.
maybe this year they will earn back a little respect

that happened the year before i went for the first time. i heard about it though. i cant speak for everyone in saying that something like wont happen again. i think its a two way street and some 3g guys think that 1 and 2g guys dont give them respect. personaly im a "car" guy, and although i have a 3g i have respect for all cars and there owners, to each there own. but back to topic, the last two years ive been there there were no fights. i hope to see a large turn out.
rick03
QUOTE (Taxiwardance @ Feb 15 2006, 10:15 PM)
Is it just me or does that forum only have a single post theme that has to load a page for every reply? Get on it Rich, Depending on the date, your going to get your ass stomped on the drive there by yet another of my DSM whores blink.gif . At Least Frank has entered the dark side. Now come and join, you and I both know its inevitable laugh.gif

there will be another forum for the sign up and stuff.
black92_tsi_awd
Isn't memorial weekend the same weekend as SloPNY drag day?
rick03
heres an update on B2N7. this about the hotel info.
http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58822
Turbo Tension
this has the appeal of a V6 mustang meet.
scrapin_frame
QUOTE (Turbo Tension @ Mar 13 2006, 10:20 PM)
this has the appeal of a V6 mustang meet.

hahahahaha biggthumpup.gif
Kazz5
Now, spy, they are ribbed for her pleasure you know ...
rick03
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Mar 14 2006, 08:28 AM)
The three G's are our bretheren...

They may be the bastard red headed step child of the family, but they are family none the less. I'm suprised to hear that there is a following for such cars... not that they dont have some strengths.... Raw, rugged style...eh heemm.... and that cool song from the comercials... Heck, Im grooving in my seat as I sit here and write this...
"Days go by and still I think of you... doomp doomp dooomp...."
Though I would never own a 3g, I commend anyone that sticks to their guns, like what they like and run with an ideal.

Sounds like a great opertunity to make DSMcentrals presence felt.

i hope this is not going a problem, mixing 1,2,3, and 4g's. the idea is to have a get together of all the cars that were made at the normal plant. the last thing i want to see is a bunch of people getting drunk and starting shit. if thats what anyone is coming for i would rather you stay home.
AWD DSM 1
Spy - offend someone? NEVER! laugh.gif

"So, you any good with that thing?"
Turbo Tension
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Mar 15 2006, 01:33 AM)
QUOTE (rick03 @ Mar 15 2006, 12:46 AM)

They may be the bastard red headed step child of the family, but they are family none the less. I'm suprised to hear that there is a following for such cars... not that they dont have some strengths.... Raw, rugged style...eh heemm.... and that cool song from the comercials... Heck, Im grooving in my seat as I sit here and write this...
Though I would never own a 3g, I commend anyone that sticks to their guns, like what they like and run with an ideal.

i hope this is not going a problem, mixing 1,2,3, and 4g's. the idea is to have a get together of all the cars that were made at the normal plant. the last thing i want to see is a bunch of people getting drunk and starting shit. if thats what anyone is coming for i would rather you stay home.

I've yet to meet any dsmcentral member that is the type to get drunk and start shit. We are all car enthusiasts. Some more than others. I hope you werent offended by my statement.

For real some of us don't need to be drunk to start shit!
natedogg
Dude! Its got MIVEC!!!
awd4kicks
Comon spy, I don't think Diety Dave meant for you to show how you could start shit with-out being drunk. laugh.gif
natedogg
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Mar 15 2006, 08:44 AM)
Uh, no it doesnt.

My response was made before you edited your post to say "I'm still looking for the strong points of 3G" instead of 4G...asshat. dry.gif
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Mar 15 2006, 11:24 AM)
Iv'e got a 20 gallon asshat.

And it's full of shit... biggthumpup.gif
90GSX
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Mar 14 2006, 09:50 PM)
Im still looking at the strong points of the 3g... Perhaps you could be so kind, as to point out where there strengths are,?

Depends on what your wanting. I personally love my new 3g and dont regret trading in my gsx for it. I love the interior, and the look. Ive drove the 4g and dont much care for it (unless you want a factory sub). I bought it for a good looking daily driver and used 3G's arent badly priced. Of course if you want a fast car, 1G's are going pretty cheap now, most people can afford having both. I know when i get a house someday, i will get a 1G or 2G to play with. It definatly has a lack of crap your pants acceleration that my GSX had, but i love going out and knowing my car will start, and when i leave a parking lot, i dont leave a quart of oil behind. rolleyes.gif

I guess there are enthusiests for about every car out there. People buy 3g's for the same reason people buy 1g and 2g NA. Oh and i almost forgot, i actually have a warrenty. biggthumpup.gif

Ive actually seen posts where they did a GSX conversion to a 3g, which would be cool to have, but i guess would still be like having a 1G with about 400 pound sandbags attached to it.

Just my $0.02
The Iron Goat
QUOTE (90GSX @ Mar 15 2006, 04:57 PM)
i love going out and knowing my car will start, and when i leave a parking lot, i dont leave a quart of oil behind. rolleyes.gif

That's surprising to hear. Most of the 3g owners I've talked to can't wait to get rid of them because they're always in the shop. I wouldn't know, but that's what I've been told. As always, each car is bound to be different.
rick03
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Mar 14 2006, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (rick03 @ Mar 15 2006, 12:46 AM)

I've yet to meet any dsmcentral member that is the type to get drunk and start shit. We are all car enthusiasts. Some more than others. I hope you werent offended by my statement.

no i wasnt. i just have heard rumors about past meets that have gone bad and dont want to see that again. biggthumpup.gif
rick03
good then it should be a great meet. look forward to seeing you all there. biggthumpup.gif
rick03
hey dont know if i put this up on not.
http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58822
for anyone who wants to go!
http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59104
rick03
dont forget anyone whos staying at the hotel needs to book room by 4-30-06
BudmannG
Is this the same thing as last year in October that we went to? I think it was called Mitsubishi days then.
SCCA Stang
so just to make sure... the meet is friday-sunday may 26-may 28th, right???

ok, now the thread linked above stated that Friday meet started at 10:30 am at the listed address, what about people showing up on sunday only or saturday olny excetra????

also... you talked about shirts... when do you have to have a sayso on shirts order and can I just buy one at the meet or do I need to preorder it????
BudmannG
I would have to go on Saturday, as Slo-Pony days is Sunday-Sunday-sunday.
rick03
QUOTE (gsxracer80 @ Apr 24 2006, 09:53 PM)
so just to make sure... the meet is friday-sunday may 26-may 28th, right???

ok, now the thread linked above stated that Friday meet started at 10:30 am at the listed address, what about people showing up on sunday only or saturday olny excetra????

also... you talked about shirts... when do you have to have a sayso on shirts order and can I just buy one at the meet or do I need to preorder it????

on friday everyone meets at the factory at 1030am. then they stage for a group pic (cars) in front of the factory, then the tour. friday night im not sure what anyone is doing. sat is the show n shine at hooters i think. sat night unknown. sunday slo pny drag day! or a good bye lunch. there is no cost for tour or show and shine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.