Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PINKS in St. Louis
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
awd4kicks
http://www.gatewayraceway.com/track/...=200605&id=524

Gateway Teams Up With PINKS For Open Casting Call
May 9, 2006
Jason Dukes - (618) 482-2400

The partnership will begin this Friday night (May 12) when PINKS hosts an open casting call at Gateway’s Midnight Madness.

“Someone told us that there are a bunch of really good racers in St. Louis,” said Stephen Pullin, Founder of Pullin TV and Producer of PINKS, “So we’re looking for some ‘balls-out’ racers from St. Louis to show us what they got and sign up to race for pinks.”

Using the setting of a classic 1950’s drag race, PINKS pits contestants in a best three-out-of-five format, with the loser handing over the title (pink slip) to his or her vehicle. The rules are simple: two vehicles show up and drivers negotiate head-start distance in car lengths. The cars line up after they warm up their tires and Rich Christensen starts off each race. After each round, the drivers have the opportunity to re-negotiate lengths. All events are run on approved tracks with safety personnel present.

“We’re excited that our local racers got the attention of a show as hot as PINKS,” said Matt Strelo, Gateway’s Vice President and General Manager, “This partnership will really enhance our efforts in getting racers to race on the track where it should be done.”

The casting call will take place this Friday night at Gateway International Raceway’s Midnight Madness. PINKS is asking potential cast members to bring their car and their story to the casting event. Midnight Madness opens at 8 PM and lasts until 3 AM. The event features St. Louis Style Outlaw Street Racing, Drifting, burnouts, the stlriverfrontradio.com concert series featuring Rucka Puff, Outskirt Records, Youngsta, and the Love Brothers, the St. Louis Street Racers Expo Area, the mind-blowing Bugeyetech Racing Simulators, and much, much more.

The casting call participants will be vying for a spot on the hit TV show when it shoots four episodes at Gateway International Raceway on June 27 and 28.
AWD DSM 1
Spy and image could have it out once and for all....
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (AWD DSM 1 @ May 12 2006, 12:00 PM)

I'd like to see that..would make some interesting TV!
The Iron Goat
Just got off the phone with a guy about this. He was pretty pissed about the whole Image/Spy thing.

"Ska...ska....ska...screw those guh...guh....guh...guys. I'm tha bah...bah...bah best!!!"

This guy sounds pretty serious. Beware.
Zmann42087
QUOTE (AWD DSM 1 @ May 12 2006, 12:00 PM)

... and entertain the nation with a DSM showdown. happy.gif
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (The Iron Goat @ May 12 2006, 12:43 PM)
Just got off the phone with a guy about this. He was pretty pissed about the whole Image/Spy thing.

"Ska...ska....ska...screw those guh...guh....guh...guys. I'm tha bah...bah...bah best!!!"

This guy sounds pretty serious. Beware.

what is there to be pissed about.... good ol fasion grudging at it's best... isn't that what the show is about????
Booztd 3
There wasnt much going on

I met the guy that was in the episode with the mustang vs the camaro, who later was hired to work for PINKS. Short spikey hair with glasses

He just sat on a booth with a book and a laptop for a few hours and took off. I didnt see much action at the PINKS tent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.