Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EVO MR.... Killed
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
kapoosh
Filling up some gas late last night with the moms M5 (babyseat and all) a younger guy in a gray Evo MR pulls up.

We leave and head out to the local strip and decide to give it a go. 30mph, 3rd honk....and we go. I'm in awe as a i pull car length after car length, 115mph and a 7-10ish car lead later i shut down.

I convince myself that he just missed a gear and he confirms that when he catches up. So again about 25mph, 3rd honk and i pull and pull and pull somemore.

Same end result, atleast 7 cars.

He says he messed up AGAIN. So one more time. I give him the hit, about a 20mph roll. By 120 i'm easily 5-6 cars ahead if not more.

And that does it, he's done.

I still believe something was wrong with his car, because i thought a stock MR and a basically stock M5 would be one hell of a race!

And then of course later after i leave the track, i leave a stop light and get on it in first gear and the car steps sideways......of course NOW there's a cop back there somewhere.....

So i get a ticket for squealing the tires and then of course i can't find the insurance card which lands me another ticket and a mandatory court date.

My problem here is, well number 1-i'm on court supervision 2- I'm supposed to leave the country for work from june 10th-early august. The court dates June 19th.....

So anyone know of any good lawyers i can talk to, maybe to expidite the case or to possibly postpone it until i'm back.

I have one that i regularly use, but i want to check out some other options.

Also played with a first gen blue TSI. If you're on here good run smile.gif
natedogg
Evo MR is a quick car, but stock to stock I doubt it could stand up to a 400 to 500 hp M5 (depending on year). Good kill anyway.
Kazz5
I don't know enough about the M5 so someone could educate me on it's numbers. But if that's the gray MR I'm thinking of, the kid could easily have it running, shifting, and driving like crap.

Good kill tho ...

Dunno 'bout the legal stuff, sorry. I've used Cusack, Fleming, Gilfillan, & O'Day and referred them successfully for other things. Of that practice I like O'Day's (Dan) temperament for your situation - but I have NO idea if ANYONE in the practice does traffic law tho...

And if ya wanna roll an Evo talk to spy and set up a date ... wink.gif
kapoosh
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ May 18 2006, 02:41 PM)
I don't know enough about the M5 so someone could educate me on it's numbers. But if that's the gray MR I'm thinking of, the kid could easily have it running, shifting, and driving like crap.

Good kill tho ...

Dunno 'bout the legal stuff, sorry. I've used Cusack, Fleming, Gilfillan, & O'Day and referred them successfully for other things. Of that practice I like O'Day's (Dan) temperament for your situation - but I have NO idea if ANYONE in the practice does traffic law tho...

And if ya wanna roll an Evo talk to spy and set up a date ... wink.gif

Yeah it was that kid from dunlap. And he drives like an idiot, but thats besides the point smile.gif We never did get to go from a stop, but the way i was pulling he was going to need a lot more than an AWD advantage.

The M5's stock 400HP, ours at BEST has 25-30 more than that. It ran a 12.6 stock, so alot of people think it's a factory freak.

I actually just called the lawyer i always use, after making fun of me for a few minutes, he said not to worry about it, so i guess i have that covered.

And as wierd as it sounds, i'm dying to get walked by an evo. (although technically if you count nates i already have been, but that was with a stock S4.) I keep telling myself i want one, then i seem to run into slow ones....
natedogg
QUOTE (kapoosh @ May 18 2006, 02:49 PM)
(although technically if you count nates i already have been, but that was with a stock S4.) I keep telling myself i want one, then i seem to run into slow ones....

Why wouldn't that count? huh.gif Stock Evo vs. stock S4. Evo wins. biggthumpup.gif

And if your M5 ran a 12.6 stock, a stock MR isn't going to touch it in the straight line.
kapoosh
QUOTE (natedogg @ May 18 2006, 05:01 PM)
Why wouldn't that count? huh.gif Stock Evo vs. stock S4. Evo wins. biggthumpup.gif

I don't count it, because what happened was exactly what i expected to happen! Actually it was probably worse then i expected, but i did have a car full! smile.gif

Afterall a stock evo has more power than a stock S4 and is way lighter.....

Plus when i had just a ecu/exhaust kazz's evo still couldnt pull ohmy.gif

K, i'm going to stop talking, because i know someones going to come smoke me with an evo now!
Kazz5
My Evo did 13.5 stock w/no tune, etc. Just brought it and ran it - never checked for leaks, ~insert excuse B~, etc., etc. I've heard of new MRs hitting 12.9s but they're the exception.

Take 400 minus your wieght and drivetrain drag with a good launch.

Now take 286 minus driver weight and heavier drivetrain drag with perhaps a better launch.

My money's still on the M5.

Now, your S4? I believe I'd have had you in the quarter but you might have had a better trap speed. But it's all speculation since all we did were 60-70+ mph pulls.

Two things:

1) Try spy's Evo and see what you think of a modded, beast Evo.

2) Buy nate's Evo cuz it's strong, immaculate, and you'll have 15-20K to make it stronger than spy's

All makes sense to me.
RacerX11
The kid can't drive. I beat him from a stop earlier this year with my near-stock LS1 when the pavement was cold and he should have slaughtered me off the line. I know there are some hot Evo's running around, but this Grey MR is not one of them.
Kazz5
You beat him with the Citation? happy.gif
kapoosh
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ May 18 2006, 08:15 PM)
My Evo did 13.5 stock w/no tune, etc. Just brought it and ran it - never checked for leaks, ~insert excuse B~, etc., etc. I've heard of new MRs hitting 12.9s but they're the exception.

Take 400 minus your wieght and drivetrain drag with a good launch.

Now take 286 minus driver weight and heavier drivetrain drag with perhaps a better launch.

My money's still on the M5.

Now, your S4? I believe I'd have had you in the quarter but you might have had a better trap speed. But it's all speculation since all we did were 60-70+ mph pulls.

Two things:

1) Try spy's Evo and see what you think of a modded, beast Evo.

2) Buy nate's Evo cuz it's strong, immaculate, and you'll have 15-20K to make it stronger than spy's

All makes sense to me.

Yeah, i believe you would've taken the S4 from a stop also.....but theres no proof, so we'll just stick with the facts smile.gif

I've been trying to try spy's evo for a while, never seems to happen though....

secondly, we'll see after i get back this summer, if i make some decent money, i MIGHT make a jump into evo land....but that would be august, so nates might be gone by then.
natedogg
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ May 18 2006, 11:22 PM)
You beat him with the Citation?  happy.gif

I beat him from a stop earlier this year with my near-stock LS1

wink.gif
RacerX11
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ May 18 2006, 11:22 PM)
You beat him with the Citation? happy.gif

Maybe some day, if it ever runs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.